Am I the only one not feeling the same about Justin Gaethje

i SUPPOSE i could search the internet, but has anyone seen how he trains? i feel like that's a big factor in CTE discussions. that and total number of rounds, that just fights. the stuff he said about getting paid in one lump sum (no win bonus or whatever) kinda made sense. WAR GAETHJE!

Meh is no like he is my brother or anything.

Now every time they announce his name against a killer I do the Anderson Silva face <6>

Its like people made me worry to much about his CTE and stuff.
I used to <{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}> when they announced he had a fight.
Now I have a similar feeling to when they announce a Diego Sanchez fight.

Damn Sherbros ruined it for me.

I make that face too, but then remember that he's a big boy. If he doesn't care about his health, why should I. Then I'm all good.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

GTFO. appreciate the rare gift and him not being another boring ass BJJ cupcake

He's Leben 2.0, and he's making a lot of money for his skill level and I think he mentioned somewhere that he doesn't plan on doing this for a long time given his style.

I thought he plans on becoming a social worker when he retires, but the way I see it he has 3-5 fights left in him before his chin gets shot.
After the two losses, he said he might only have 5 left in him. But after the Vick fight, he clarified that it was "5 wars", so still 5 left.

He's Leben 2.0, and he's making a lot of money for his skill level and I think he mentioned somewhere that he doesn't plan on doing this for a long time given his style.

I thought he plans on becoming a social worker when he retires, but the way I see it he has 3-5 fights left in him before his chin gets shot.

He said himself he wants only a few more himself I though? He gave an exact number awhile back I think he’s down to 4.

As much as Gaethje gets hit in the face I feel like people exaggerate damage on him for some reason. Like I'm not denying that he takes the damage but other fighters get punched a lot too. It's part of this sport. Those guys with thirty-fifty fights have taken a lot more damage than Gaethje, even if they don't take as much per fight. and sometimes he might take several shots in a fight, but they're over fast. I won't name names because I feel like it's weird to claim CTE on people but think about how many guys there are in the UFC who've had a lot of fights and some knockouts.

If the dude is serious about only fighting a handful more times I think he'll be no more worse off than the average pro at his level. If he kept fighting like this for several more years then yeah that would be a serious problem.
I'll name them for you
Mark Hunt
Overeem
Nate Diaz
Nick Diaz
Max Holloway
Jose Aldo
Chad Mendes

He's not going anywhere so stop worrying since it won't do any good and enjoy the just bleed God's only son's work while he's still with us

His brain cells will die whether you feel bad or not, so don't waste your time feeling bad and enjoy the art the man gives us

Chris leben throw back that will go out the same way.
Hes already punch drunk and i don't expect him to last much longer. However I don't think he'll give it up as he's already to brain dead make good decisions.

I'd have to see him again. He looked improved against Vick, but it could've just been the level of opposition. Hence why I just need to see him again. The Kevin Lee fight is a good match up. So is Barboza if he hadn't been booked against Hooker.

Where I'm from, men who talk about "sacrificing brain cells" are called women.

Jesus Christ, when did we all hand in our balls for safety vests?

It amazes me how sensitive the MMA fanbase can be. Justin is everything a full-blooded fight fan wants to see.

Now every time they announce his name against a killer I do the Anderson Silva face <6>

You are not alone, brah---- it was just last week I mentioned in a thread on how interesting (and how sad) an interview with both at same time 15 years from now would be.
In the year 2033, they can market a nice tee and on one side , it'll say Chuck (liddell), Diego and Gaejthe love to over commit..........
......and on other side, it'll say now we talk like this !!

Nah he is something special. A modern day gladiator. Poor guy isn't born in the right era. Thousand years ago he would be drinking his enemies blood out of their skulls.
Easy on the dungeons and dragons there
latest

Sure he takes a beating but Eddie Alvarez AND Poirier had to go through hell to beat him.

Or you could just remember that this is fighting and get the sand out of your vagina ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nah he is something special. A modern day gladiator. Poor guy isn't born in the right era. Thousand years ago he would be drinking his enemies blood out of their skulls.
That doesn't change the fact that it's not unlikely he'll have debilitating brain damage, post MMA career.

True. Im on yellow belt wooooo. When can I reply to people?

Back