Am I the only one here that has never watched Rousey fight in the UFC?

Ummm actually he was spot on and made you look like a fool. If you are going to debate his comments point by point at least logically contradict them instead of just spewing nonsensical playground retorts.

Nonsensical playground retorts? Oh you mean like this one?

You and your six gay buddies can watch it on Bravo for all I care. Just keep it away from the men's sports.

I appear to have struck a nerve.

Look, I don't care that you and your friends enjoy watching Bravo and Ronda Rousey. More power to you ! But some of us don't share your tastes.

naw i dont watch womans mma either, its gross

If you haven't watched Joanna Jędrzejczyk, you're seriously missing out. She's like a female Chuck Liddell.

I think strawweight is far more competitive and interesting than bantamweight.

I do agree that Ronda isn't fighting the greatest competition in the world, but honestly, one of the reasons it may seem like that is because Ronda dominates them so easily and badly. She's just that much better than her opponents, that's all.

Any division can seem kind of weak if there's a champion just destroying all of their opponents like that. Like when Anderson Silva was the champion, he was destroying pretty much everybody in his way very easily for many years. MW wasn't the most stacked division around during Silva's reign, but the way he was beating everybody made it seem weaker and that the competition wasn't that great, even though those were the best guys at the time.

Same with Jon Jones as the champion at LHW. He was dominating everybody so badly and so easily that I've seen a lot of people say that LHW is weak, even though it really isn't that bad.

I've also seen people say it about flyweight, since the way Demetrious Johnson dominates. It seems that most people will say a division is weak and that the competition sucks simply just because of the way the champ dominates them. When in reality, it's not that the competition isn't good, it's just that the champ is that much better. They're the champion for a reason. Just because their name isn't big or anything like that doesn't mean they're no good.

But, if you don't watch WMMA, you really should check out Joanna Jędrzejczyk. I'm positive that you'll enjoy her. She's a great striker, better than a lot of men are. She isn't one of those women who have horrible technique, her technique is great. Seriously, check out her last two fights, at least, they were SERIOUS beatings. She is seriously a female Chuck Liddell.

Aw, looks like you couldn't avoid that dumb answer after all.

^that about sums you up.

It's okay, stupid folks like you love talking out of your asses, it's a part of your identity, own it.

Cry about what? You and your six gay buddies boycotting MMA? For sure the UFC is feeling the pain with their 900K PPV while they keep plastering shitty WMMA fights and beautiful Reebok T-shirts all over the place, including on good men's MMA cards, like Conor vs. Aldo. Watcha gonna do when Ronda co-headlines that one? Wanna bitch and whine some more about that? :icon_chee

Nice try.

Well, you know what they say about arguing with an idiot.

Who cares what others say. I'm arguing with one right now.

Well, I took a quick glance as your post history and you're obsessed with Ronda.

I spend a couple of days talking about her and you start twisting your own nipples in worry. Relax. I'm not moving in on your territory. Not permanently, anyway.

Yeah, because calling her a subpar narcissistic can crusher is being obsessed. :icon_lol: It's okay, not everyone's first language is English, you'll get better at reading comprehension in due time. Keep going through that post history some more.

And you will cry about my absence. Wet hot tears. Eventually the housewives and soccer moms will get bored and go home after Ronda decamps to Hollywood full time. And then you'll be stuck watching headliners like Sara McMann versus Beth Correia and wondering where all the fun went.

Yes yes, whatever helps you sleep at night. Feeling better about yourself now? You still haven't answered my question, for now Ronda is going nowhere, in fact, it looks like she's going to headline a non-shit card in the near future, you know, a card with non-shit men's MMA fights, headlined by a wholly undeserving, subpar can crusher mighty mouse would destroy with 1 hand. How hard are you and your six gay buddies going to cry about that, be honest.

Who cares what others say. I'm arguing with one right now.

Yes, you clearly are. Because you're having an animated conversation with your own forehead in the mirror - and it's a very deep discussion.

Do us all a favor and give your interlocutor a slap for us, will you? A hard slap.

Yeah, because calling her a subpar narcissistic can crusher is being obsessed. :icon_lol: It's okay, not everyone's first language is English, you'll get better at reading comprehension in due time. Keep going through that post history some more.

Who cares what you called Ronda? You've spent so much of your time here talking about her that you probably think you two have a real relationship.

Do you even know there are other fighters in the UFC?

Yes yes, whatever helps you sleep at night. Feeling better about yourself now? You still haven't answered my question, for now Ronda is going nowhere, in fact, it looks like she's going to headline a non-shit card in the near future, you know, a card with non-shit men's MMA fights, headlined by a wholly undeserving, subpar can crusher mighty mouse would destroy with 1 hand. How hard are you going to cry about that, be honest.

Ronda is going to Hollywood. And when she does, you're going to be left cheering for McMann/Correia and wondering why you were ever stupid enough to allow women into the UFC.

Yes, you clearly are. Because you're having an animated conversation with your own forehead in the mirror - and it's a very deep discussion.

Do us all a favor and give your interlocutor a slap for us, will you? A hard slap.

Sounds like you're projecting hard. You should take your own advice and give it all you have. You deserve a good slap!

Who cares what you called Ronda? You've spent so much of your time here talking about her that you probably think you two have a real relationship.

Man, you do like to talk about yourself, don't you? Is this some kind of bipolar love-hate relationship you're having with Ronda?

Ronda is going to Hollywood. And when she does, you're going to be left cheering for McMann/Correia. Good luck with that.

Avoiding the question doesn't make it go away. Before Ronda goes to Hollywood, she'll headline UFC cards, cards with non-shit male fighters on them. Be honest, how hard are you going to cry when that happens? C'mon, be honest with yourself.

Sounds like you're projecting hard. You should take your own advice and give it all you have. You deserve a good slap!

Yes, when you aren't clever enough to come up with your own insults, borrow the other guy's.

58476812.jpg

Man, you do like to talk about yourself, don't you? Is this some kind of bipolar love-hate relationship you're having?

58476812.jpg

Of course Louis doesn't share how frequently he's been in the Ronda threads since the beginning of his join date. Until this week, I've been in hardly any.

I like to talk about real fighters. Louis likes to talk about Bravo.

Avoiding the question doesn't make it go away. Before Ronda goes to Hollywood, she'll headline UFC cards, cards with non-shit male fighters on them. Be honest, how hard are you going to cry when that happens? C'mon, be honest with yourself.

Not much, but a little.

She'll headline a few more cards, and if they have undercards as shitty as UFC 190, I won't buy them.

In the meantime, you WMMA fans have to worry about life after Ronda. Because right now, Ronda is WMMA.

If you haven't watched Joanna Jędrzejczyk, you're seriously missing out. She's like a female Chuck Liddell.

I think strawweight is far more competitive and interesting than bantamweight.

I do agree that Ronda isn't fighting the greatest competition in the world, but honestly, one of the reasons it may seem like that is because Ronda dominates them so easily and badly. She's just that much better than her opponents, that's all.

Any division can seem kind of weak if there's a champion just destroying all of their opponents like that. Like when Anderson Silva was the champion, he was destroying pretty much everybody in his way very easily for many years. MW wasn't the most stacked division around during Silva's reign, but the way he was beating everybody made it seem weaker and that the competition wasn't that great, even though those were the best guys at the time.

Same with Jon Jones as the champion at LHW. He was dominating everybody so badly and so easily that I've seen a lot of people say that LHW is weak, even though it really isn't that bad.

I've also seen people say it about flyweight, since the way Demetrious Johnson dominates. It seems that most people will say a division is weak and that the competition sucks simply just because of the way the champ dominates them. When in reality, it's not that the competition isn't good, it's just that the champ is that much better. They're the champion for a reason. Just because their name isn't big or anything like that doesn't mean they're no good.

But, if you don't watch WMMA, you really should check out Joanna Jędrzejczyk. I'm positive that you'll enjoy her. She's a great striker, better than a lot of men are. She isn't one of those women who have horrible technique, her technique is great. Seriously, check out her last two fights, at least, they were SERIOUS beatings. She is seriously a female Chuck Liddell.

You make a good point, ill have to check her out even though i am iffy on the whole concept of womans mma

I'm troll with memes

I figured as much.

Of course Louis doesn't share is how frequently he's been in the Ronda threads since the beginning of his join date. Until this week, I've been in hardly any.

So what you're saying is, your love-hate for Ronda is quite the recent affair?

I like to talk about real fighters. Louis likes to talk about Bravo.

Funny, I distinctly remember you saying how much you love talking about WMMA. And real fighters? Oh, you mean the subpar talent in men's MMA who're only at the top of a fringe sport because real elite athletes the world over pick major $$$ sports instead of MMA?

Not much, but a little.

Awww, that's okay, I bet your tears are delicious anyway. Rest assured though, with the PPV numbers of 190, chances are she'll be making you cry delicious tears every time she crushes cans.

In the meantime, you WMMA fans have to worry about life after Ronda. Because right now, Ronda is WMMA.

lol @ WMMA fan. It's okay, keep reading and your reading comprehension will get there eventually.

You make a good point, ill have to check her out even though i am iffy on the whole concept of womans mma

Here's some gifs of what Joanna can do with her striking.

From her epic beatdown of Jessica Penne:

AnotherVainAlbatross.gif

GreatAgileEquestrian.gif

HarmoniousQuaintAzurewingedmagpie.gif

FluidDisloyalAlaskanmalamute.gif

Penne's face.. ouch..

20150620021701_IMG_1297.JPG

Her finish over Carla Esparza. This is the only gif I can find, unfortunately.

confusedflamboyantkatydid.gif

Her striking is just sick, man. She is the next level of WMMA. Someday, WMMA can truly become real world-class fighters that you and may others may actually want to tune in for. Today, it may not be all that appealing for many, not only because a lot of people just don't want to see women fight, but also because there's so many that truly just aren't great fighters. There's a lot of women in the UFC that you can watch and think, "this girl does not belong in the octagon at all," there are women that are basically just d-level fighters.

Joanna is a glimpse of what WMMA can become someday. Right now, she is one of a kind, but someday, it could end up having a lot of fighters that are just as good as this. It will take quite awhile, WMMA still has many years to grow. I like to think of WMMA as if it's the early days of the UFC.

Joanna is the future of WMMA, man. I truly believe that. What's crazy is that she hasn't really shown her entire striking game yet, she hasn't even shown her entire MMA game. She's known for her brutal striking and her TDD, like a female Chuck Liddell, as I said before.

Once we see Joanna put her entire striking arsenal out there, she'll be even scarier. She's a MT fighter that has relied mostly on her hands, just wait until she uses her kicks more often than she does now.

I can't tell you or anybody enough about how awesome she is to watch. Maybe these gifs will have kind of pushed you to check out her last two fights, or a bunch from her career, and possibly enough to make you check out her future fights.

She's by far one of my favourite fighters. When I saw her fight with Claudia Gadelha, I fell in love with her style. She is just a treat to watch in the cage. She's just so damn entertaining. I can't say it enough about how awesome this girl is.

/rant

Here's some gifs of what Joanna can do with her striking.

From her epic beatdown of Jessica Penne:
GreatAgileEquestrian.gif

HarmoniousQuaintAzurewingedmagpie.gif

FluidDisloyalAlaskanmalamute.gif

Penne's face.. ouch..

20150620021701_IMG_1297.JPG

Her finish over Carla Esparza. This is the only gif I can find, unfortunately.

confusedflamboyantkatydid.gif

Her striking is just sick, man. She is the next level of WMMA. Someday, WMMA can truly become real world-class fighters that you and may others may actually want to tune in for. Today, it may not be all that appealing for many, not only because a lot of people just don't want to see women fight, but also because there's so many that truly just aren't great fighters. There's a lot of women in the UFC that you can watch and think, "this girl does not belong in the octagon at all," there are women that are basically just d-level fighters.

Joanna is a glimpse of what WMMA can become someday. Right now, she is one of a kind, but someday, it could end up having a lot of fighters that are just as good as this. It will take quite awhile, WMMA still has many years to grow. I like to think of WMMA as if it's the early days of the UFC.

Joanna is the future of WMMA, man. I truly believe that. What's crazy is that she hasn't really shown her entire striking game yet, she hasn't even shown her entire MMA game. She's known for her brutal striking and her TDD, like a female Chuck Liddell, as I said before.

Once we see Joanna put her entire striking arsenal out there, she'll be even scarier. She's a MT fighter that has relied mostly on her hands, just wait until she uses her kicks more often than she does now.

I can't tell you or anybody enough about how awesome she is to watch. Maybe these gifs will have kind of pushed you to check out her last two fights, or a bunch from her career, and possibly enough to make you check out her future fights.

She's by far one of my favourite fighters. When I saw her fight with Claudia Gadelha, I fell in love with her style. She is just a treat to watch in the cage. She's just so damn entertaining. I can't say it enough about how awesome this girl is.

/rant

reverse-1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

Nopes, don't watch any wmma fights normally unless is Joanna Champ.

Why? It's not like her comp has been any more competitive? Y'all just hate that RR is so popular. But I assume lots of ppl don't watch her fights, hell i'm a fan and i've missed at least the last three PPV's she was on.

Why? It's not like her comp has been any more competitive? Y'all just hate that RR is so popular. But I assume lots of ppl don't watch her fights, hell i'm a fan and i've missed at least the last three PPV's she was on.

I only watch Joanna because i like her fighting style, techniek and personality.

It must be very difficult for you to interact with people that have different lives and opinions than you.

no, i really don't mind when people say stupid shit. i just prefer to know whether the stupid shit they say results from personal stupidity or intentional trolling. it's not personal and no, it's not personally difficult for me in any sense.

I've never paid for a Rousey fight. It just isn't worth the $$ to watch her dismantle some poor chick who isn't remotely in her league.

To be honest I have only watched the Meisha Tate fight live. I usually just catch the highlights. Nothing to do with her being a woman, just she hasn't fought anyone note worthy apart frome Tate. When she fights Cyborg or Holly Holm i will watch them live, even though I think she beat both handily.

TS doesn't watch WMMA because the women are unattractive to him.

Male MMA fighters on the other hand get him super hard.

Back