Am I the only one bothered by Adesanya vs Silva?

I know it’s not the same but this kinda reminds me of when everybody was on a Barboza hype train and Varner tko’ed him
And this is A Silva god damn it

It’s a little ridiculous but there’s been more ridiculous matchups.

haven't been a fan of the ufc feeding h.o.f/veterans to the lions but don't think that's what this is
I'm actually really looking forward to it

young lion coming for the old lion. Old lion should consider retirement if he takes beating. Stricter drug testing is going to make it hard for older guys not named Snitch Bones.

I want you to watch as your hero gets brutally put down at 234. Your pain and tears will make me happy.

GettyImages-916754364.jpg
By a guy who looks like he's starving to death. Do you know why Whittaker hasn't asked to fight Silva? He's a true champ with some class. Even so he's not the same Anderson that was champ for 8 years so Adesanya needs to check his ego at the door

It’s not a great situation for anyone. DC beat him on cruise control and was bashed for it. Smoking him isn’t going to endear him to any of his fans.
Andy moving to Bellator to dismantle Tito sounds nice though.

Anderson fought on a day’s notice due to Jon Jones’ positive test. Literally nothing is an excuse for what takes place in the cage.

Its a win / win for me. #1 I get to see Silva get slept again. (its been a while since The Chris slept him) #2 Silva wins and I get to see that arrogant Adesanya get his first loss.

I’m not too hyped as well. Israel is a beast atm and Anderson really slowed down

I wonder if stylebender will hook his leg for the 3 count to respect the legend.

As an Anderson fan I'm not thrilled with it, but this is how the sport goes. It's kind of admirable in a Spartan kind of way, but still sad.

Not really, I’m excited at the idea of Izzy wrecking that dirty steroid cheater Anderson.

Hopefully izzy checks a kick and breaks andersons other leg.

It's just a lame fight to me honestly. I like Adesanya and I'm not some big fan of Anderson or something, so the fight doesn't anger me.

But it's just such an obvious hype building fight, and at this point I kinda wanted to see Israel against a legit contender in his prime.

It bothers me too TS. I think Izzy will kill him. The UFC is throwing AS under the bus to promote Israel, having a probably decisive win over a legend to add to his resume.

I hate this kind of matchmaking. Using aging legends as obvious sacrificial lambs for the sole purpose of promoting new stars feels wrong, especially when you consider the long-term ramifications of accumulated punishment. That being said, this has been going on for as long as combat sports have been around, and it certainly won't stop anytime soon.

I'm bothered that the UFC keeps giving Silva relevant match ups. Adesanya should be fighting a contender.

Back