Am I in the minority for having no tattoos for someone my age?

Born ‘81... Anyone else kind of feel like they’re so glad they never got any tattoos?

I rarely enjoy other people’s tattoos.

I was born in ‘81 too, no tats as well. Although I’m different in the fact that I actually quite dig nice work on some people. I’m probably the only person in my immediate family with zero tattoos. lol

born in 90
no tats had some bad ideas
mostly cholo art
aztec warriors, skeletons in dickies, smiling now and maybe crying sometime in the future.
closest i got was whwn me and homies branded eachother in middle school.

Is there anyone who didn't go through a phase where a Chinese/Japanese Dragon was the shit to you, and then 10 years later you look back and go thank fuck I didn't get that.

1 or 2 tats is ok. but peeps that cover their entire skin have gone way too far, and have zero respect for their bodies.

my only tattoo is a muay thai tattoo.

Is there anyone who didn't go through a phase where a Chinese/Japanese Dragon was the shit to you, and then 10 years later you look back and go thank fuck I didn't get that.
These days its arab script or hebrew <45>

Mid 30's with no tattoos.......it would be really strange to start collecting tattoos at my age. However, if I did start getting tattooed I'd rather spend the money on something somewhat big, well composed, and done by a good artist. Too many people walk around looking like a kid's color book with all kinds of random shit covering their skin.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand the holier than thou attitudes from some individuals regarding their lack of tattoos. If you never wanted any that's cool. By all means, be true to yourself. And if you prefer to remain ink-free, then by all means stay that way.

But why the need to belittle or look down upon those that choose to get inked up? It's my body & if I decide to get one tattoo or two dozen tattoos, that's my prerogative. If you don't like my ink then just don't look at me. That's the way that I feel about it.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand the holier than thou attitudes from some individuals regarding their lack of tattoos. If you never wanted any that's cool. By all means, be true to yourself. And if you prefer to remain ink-free, then by all means stay that way.

But why the need to belittle or look down upon those that choose to get inked up? It's my body & if I decide to get one tattoo or two dozen tattoos, that's my prerogative. If you don't like my ink then just don't look at me. That's the way that I feel about it.
true but on the other hand, there really is nothing funnier than some liberal artist rocking Carhartt, and grizzly adams beard and cholo tattoos.

true but on the other hand, there really is nothing funnier than some liberal artist rocking Carhartt, and grizzly adams beard and cholo tattoos.

Yeah, well, that's true. <45> One should definitely choose their ink wisely.

Reactions: JSN
Not having tats or a piercing makes you like 20% weaker at fighting, no cool haircut drops you another 10%, ironically being bald actually gives 15% boost to fighting prowess, all of this is based on my own personal proprietary combat performance analysis metric

Can't blame them. Some if not most were a result of alcohol, impulse and terrible decision.

Wish I'd gotten bigger kois.

You hang with potheads, chances are you're gonna smoke pot.

You hang with alcoholics, you might end up one.

You go to art school with an apartment where everyone hangs, you end up tatted up. Two of my friends became pro. If I wanted to cover my skin from head to toe, I've got contacts and I don't even have to pay. One of them insist that he finish my arm as he's bored this pandemic.

I thought about it and I still occasionally do, then I'll remind myself that it's a waste of money and I'll drop the idea.

Born in 79 and have never had one or really the desire. Travelled to Thailand to train for a number of years and never jumped on the Sak Yant bus like everyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back