Am I in Danger? - Headache after Sparring

Ok I changed my mind ; getting punched hundreds and thousands time during a career in boxing is very healthy for your brain.

Even the article said sports where the head is in danger of trauma should be avoided.

Also the article is about actual injuries like breaking or straining something, it does not measure all the damage received from repeated blows to the head which every boxer endures.
Actually, this study focuses on the much more dangerous sport of football and only mentions boxing as a footnote to their statement about football.

Hey, I'm not saying that boxing is completely safe.. but in this pussified society that puts bubble wrap on everything, I'm fucking glad that we can freely choose to compete in the sport if we choose.

and the study you posted was based on only 18 fighters... that's hardly a large enough group of people to base any type of a medical statement on.

Get me a study that samples 100+ fighters from various boxing backgrounds, and then I'll take the study more seriously. Get me a study that gives a PERCENT that is actually pulled from at least 100 people..lol I mean if 15 of the 18 fighters you tested had some brain damage, then that can be declared by saying 15 people instead of 85%..lol.

Also, I think you have to contrast boxing directly with other sports using the same studies, and with people that are not in sports to get any type of a fair representation about how dangerous each sport is.. furthermore, you have to consider the type of people that get into combat sports. Many of these people aren't exactly mormanesque to begin with. I think it's safe to say that most boxers end up in a gym after developing a taste for scrapping on the streets....

so anyways.. it's more complex than the study you linked or you make it out to be

u can stop being a sissy and get used to it lol
jks nah it shouldnt be nothing much.. just not used to the shock

if u are scared go get it checked

Dehydration could be the reason (increase your water intake and see if it still persists) but this happens to many people first few times they spar then it goes away, at least that's the way it was with me and a few people I know.

Go to the doc if you are worried.

Actually, this study focuses on the much more dangerous sport of football and only mentions boxing as a footnote to their statement about football.

Hey, I'm not saying that boxing is completely safe.. but in this pussified society that puts bubble wrap on everything, I'm fucking glad that we can freely choose to compete in the sport if we choose.

and the study you posted was based on only 18 fighters... that's hardly a large enough group of people to base any type of a medical statement on.

Get me a study that samples 100+ fighters from various boxing backgrounds, and then I'll take the study more seriously. Get me a study that gives a PERCENT that is actually pulled from at least 100 people..lol I mean if 15 of the 18 fighters you tested had some brain damage, then that can be declared by saying 15 people instead of 85%..lol.

Also, I think you have to contrast boxing directly with other sports using the same studies, and with people that are not in sports to get any type of a fair representation about how dangerous each sport is.. furthermore, you have to consider the type of people that get into combat sports. Many of these people aren't exactly mormanesque to begin with. I think it's safe to say that most boxers end up in a gym after developing a taste for scrapping on the streets....

so anyways.. it's more complex than the study you linked or you make it out to be

The difference is that with boxing, you are GUARANTEED some degree of head trauma. You can't spar regularly a couple of months without getting tagged hard every now and then, (or even more often than that, if you eat a lot of stiff jabs). Every hit can damage your brain. When boxers step out of the game early, the damage is still there... just not to the extent that it's noticeable or even measurable.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying boxing should be banned or anything. I think everyone should have the right to practice the sport. But I also think everyone should know what they risk losing when they get hit in the head so much. It would be wrong if we didn't tell people that SOME brain damage is inevitable if they box regularly.

And no other injury can compare to a brain injury. I would rather get bad knees from playing pick-up basketball the next 30 years, than have even a slightly lower IQ score from boxing recreationally.

Seeing a doctor is always best if it is only to put worries to rest.

No it's two different studies, but unfortunately I can't find it now. Obviously people getting hit in the head a lot will downplay it and act like there are far more dangerous sports. Doing cocaine is worse then drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes - i'm going to be an alcoholic and chain smoker since it is safe compared to real drugs.

Also there are sports with more fatalities or bone / ligament injuries BUT boxing is by far the worst on you brain and your brain is who you are, it's your mind. Now I do not know about football since I'm European and we don't have that here, that sport might be pretty damaging as well.

I'm going to repeat now that I really do enjoy MMA and k1 fights, just for the record.

No it's two different studies, but unfortunately I can't find it now. Obviously people getting hit in the head a lot will downplay it and act like there are far more dangerous sports. Doing cocaine is worse then drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes - i'm going to be an alcoholic and chain smoker since it is safe compared to real drugs.

Also there are sports with more fatalities or bone / ligament injuries BUT boxing is by far the worst on you brain and your brain is who you are, it's your mind. Now I do not know about football since I'm European and we don't have that here, that sport might be pretty damaging as well.

I'm going to repeat now that I really do enjoy MMA and k1 fights, just for the record.

Actually, cigarettes and alcohol each result in more deaths than cocaine by a large margin.. so bad analogy...
Annual Causes of Death in the United States | Drug War Facts
I get what you're saying. Head injuries are worse than knee injuries. I get that. I'm just saying that the study you posted does not prove anything because the sample group is only 18 fighters and it isn't contrasted with anything, and I have yet to see a study that proves boxing is more dangerous than football or any other sport where concussions are frequently possible. .. and the difference with boxing is that fighters are constantly learning how to decrease the impact of a shot while football players and rugby players and soccer players are trying to increase the impact they produce.

Actually, cigarettes and alcohol each result in more deaths than cocaine by a large margin.. so bad analogy...
Annual Causes of Death in the United States | Drug War Facts
I get what you're saying. Head injuries are worse than knee injuries. I get that. I'm just saying that the study you posted does not prove anything because the sample group is only 18 fighters and it isn't contrasted with anything, and I have yet to see a study that proves boxing is more dangerous than football or any other sport where concussions are frequently possible. .. and the difference with boxing is that fighters are constantly learning how to decrease the impact of a shot while football players and rugby players and soccer players are trying to increase the impact they produce.

Did you not take remedial logic class? Of course cigs/alcohol cause more deaths because they are more widely used and legal. Cocaine is still more dangerous.

Same with major sports compared to boxing. Yea the major sports may have MORE injuries, no shit sherlock, because more people play the major sports than boxing. If you broke it down to percents not just mass numbers you might be able to actually make a point. But chances are if you broke it down to %, a higher % of pro boxers probably end up with brain injuries that make them talk like retards, compared to football players who may walk around with a limp but skew the mass number of "injuries caused by sport"

Did you not take remedial logic class? Of course cigs/alcohol cause more deaths because they are more widely used and legal. Cocaine is still more dangerous.

Same with major sports compared to boxing. Yea the major sports may have MORE injuries, no shit sherlock, because more people play the major sports than boxing. If you broke it down to percents not just mass numbers you might be able to actually make a point. But chances are if you broke it down to %, a higher % of pro boxers probably end up with brain injuries that make them talk like retards, compared to football players who may walk around with a limp but skew the mass number of "injuries caused by sport"

So more people play the American sport of football than compete in the international sport of boxing?
Is that a fact?
Amazing

Also, I defy you to prove that cocaine kills a higher ratio of it's users than smoking does. 1/4 American's have tried cocaine in their lifetime, yet only 2500 related deaths each year in comparison to nearly half a million annual deaths related to cigarettes. I defy you to prove that cocaine is more dangerous than cigarettes...

fyi.. just because big bro says one thing is okay and the other isn't doesn't mean that big bro isn't full of shit...

So more people play the American sport of football than compete in the international sport of boxing?
Is that a fact?
Amazing

Also, I defy you to prove that cocaine kills a higher ratio of it's users than smoking does. 1/4 American's have tried cocaine in their lifetime, yet only 2500 related deaths each year in comparison to nearly half a million annual deaths related to cigarettes. I defy you to prove that cocaine is more dangerous than cigarettes...

fyi.. just because big bro says one thing is okay and the other isn't doesn't mean that big bro isn't full of shit...

Prove anything you said, please. and of course the amount that "tried" cocaine vs deaths won't be as high, "tried" could mean one time. I bet 99% of people in the world have "tried" a cigarrete, now use that number compared to total deaths.

Prove anything you said, please. and of course the amount that "tried" cocaine vs deaths won't be as high, "tried" could mean one time. I bet 99% of people in the world have "tried" a cigarrete, now use that number compared to total deaths.

Actually, I have already started gathering the information to make you look like a dumbass that speaks before he thinks.. go ahead and try to prove the shit you're saying so that I can spring it on ya...

We should really be in the war room with this shit.. but don't come in here with a shit medical journal and a bunch of baseless claims and insults and think you're not going to be resisted.

btw.. did you know that aspirin kills almost as many people each year as cocaine?

Don't worry about it. After you spar more, the headaches will go away.

Actually, I have already started gathering the information to make you look like a dumbass that speaks before he thinks.. go ahead and try to prove the shit you're saying so that I can spring it on ya...

We should really be in the war room with this shit.. but don't come in here with a shit medical journal and a bunch of baseless claims and insults and think you're not going to be resisted.

btw.. did you know that aspirin kills almost as many people each year as cocaine?

Man, what are you trying to prove? BOTH football and boxing put you at risk of some kind of brain damage. If I want to preserve my intelligence, I'm going to avoid both, not pick the "least dangerous". Now if you're ok with losing a few brain cells, that's fine. But you're lying to yourself if you think you can get punched in the head over several years and not sustain any permanent damage, even if it's just a little bit. Do you really need a study to see that? The problem is people go into these sports thinking that they're going to be alright, but they deserve to know what they're getting into.

Your data is flawed. More people take aspirin, so of course more people die from it. But how are the percentages of deaths/population? Many people's lives are SAVED by aspirin! It has a lot more medicinal and practical uses than cocaine. If I had a kid, I would give him aspirin before I would give him cocaine. Hell, I'd give my kid cigarretes before I would give him cocaine! I've seen people piss away their entire lives because of it.

I used to get it a couple of years ago when I first started. It goes away after a while

Man, what are you trying to prove? BOTH football and boxing put you at risk of some kind of brain damage. If I want to preserve my intelligence, I'm going to avoid both, not pick the "least dangerous". Now if you're ok with losing a few brain cells, that's fine. But you're lying to yourself if you think you can get punched in the head over several years and not sustain any permanent damage, even if it's just a little bit. Do you really need a study to see that? The problem is people go into these sports thinking that they're going to be alright, but they deserve to know what they're getting into.

Your data is flawed. More people take aspirin, so of course more people die from it. But how are the percentages of deaths/population? Many people's lives are SAVED by aspirin! It has a lot more medicinal and practical uses than cocaine. If I had a kid, I would give him aspirin before I would give him cocaine. Hell, I'd give my kid cigarretes before I would give him cocaine! I've seen people piss away their entire lives because of it.

My data is not flawed. I never said that a higher % of aspirin consumers die than cocaine consumers.. I just pointed out a fun fact that shocked me a little when I saw it. I did not know that aspirin caused that many deaths.

go to a doctor first and check your reflexes no need for a CATscan just have those reflex exercises it counts as 52 points of the brain i think if everything is fine you are fine

Get me a study that samples 100+ fighters from various boxing backgrounds, and then I'll take the study more seriously.

This. There is the Mayweather's "I rarely get hit" style, then theres the Marquez/Vazquezes