Relationship Am I going to be single forever?

pugilistico

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Does anyone else get annoyed by people like I do? The older I get, the more people I meet, I find myself no longer getting impressed by people, and most people's habits, mannerisms, and the shit they say eventually start to annoy me.

I meet people I think are cool and I like them, but I don't generally find myself truly connecting with anyone. I find myself keeping some level of emotional distance internally. I longer have expectations. Maybe I've been disappointed too many times, or desensitized by all the friendships and relationships that didn't work out for whatever reason. It for sure protects me from future disappointment or heartbreak.

When it comes to women, I don't particularly want a relationship at the moment, but I do miss the feeling of genuinely liking someone beyond physical attraction. But jeez, I find myself getting annoyed by the women I meet. In the past, if I met a pretty girl who is nice and interesting, I would be wanting to establish a connection with her, and now I'm like meh, just one out of millions of chicks like her. Now if I meet an attractive woman, I can imagine how she would annoy the shit out of me if I were to enter a relationship with her. I'm friends with quite a few attractive women, and while I quite like them as people, I am glad I'm not their boyfriend.

With the last few women I dated, I was quite relieved when we stopped seeing each other. Looking back, I'm glad none of my relationships resulted in marriage.

I honestly don't know how couples stay happy together long term without wanting to strangle each other.
At least with platonic friendships, you're not with your friends all the time.

I have a date tomorrow, and I genuinely wouldn't care if she flaked on me. I used to get excited for dates when I was younger, now I'm like, "Oh well, I guess I'm doing this."

Is this just a sign of getting old and grumpy? Am I going to be single forever?

IDK, if you are feeling this way maybe you should take a break from dating for a while and focus on improving yourself for now. Hone those skills, improve your performance, get promoted, get healthy ect. In the end you will end up elevating your quality of life and making yourself desirable to a larger pool of ladies. But I am a moron and no one should listen to a thing I say lol.

I’m in a relationship right now and I find her annoying as fuck half the time and can’t wait to bin her. The other half of the time I’m head over heels in love like a miracle romance.

The grass is always greener.

You are like a junkie looking for that adrenaline rush.
That is some teenage drama movie crap.

Part of being an adult is to take your time and develop solid and meaningful relationships.

this sounds a bit like me too.

Does anyone else get annoyed by people like I do? The older I get, the more people I meet, I find myself no longer getting impressed by people, and most people's habits, mannerisms, and the shit they say eventually start to annoy me.

I meet people I think are cool and I like them, but I don't generally find myself truly connecting with anyone. I find myself keeping some level of emotional distance internally. I longer have expectations. Maybe I've been disappointed too many times, or desensitized by all the friendships and relationships that didn't work out for whatever reason. It for sure protects me from future disappointment or heartbreak.

When it comes to women, I don't particularly want a relationship at the moment, but I do miss the feeling of genuinely liking someone beyond physical attraction. But jeez, I find myself getting annoyed by the women I meet. In the past, if I met a pretty girl who is nice and interesting, I would be wanting to establish a connection with her, and now I'm like meh, just one out of millions of chicks like her. Now if I meet an attractive woman, I can imagine how she would annoy the shit out of me if I were to enter a relationship with her. I'm friends with quite a few attractive women, and while I quite like them as people, I am glad I'm not their boyfriend.

With the last few women I dated, I was quite relieved when we stopped seeing each other. Looking back, I'm glad none of my relationships resulted in marriage.

I honestly don't know how couples stay happy together long term without wanting to strangle each other.
At least with platonic friendships, you're not with your friends all the time.

I have a date tomorrow, and I genuinely wouldn't care if she flaked on me. I used to get excited for dates when I was younger, now I'm like, "Oh well, I guess I'm doing this."

Is this just a sign of getting old and grumpy? Am I going to be single forever?
Well at least you've learned not to put the pussy on a pedastal .

On the other hand it sounds like you're just apathetic about dating. Maybe at this point in your life a romantic relationship won't bring the fulfillment you're looking for.

Find something your passionate about and put women on the backburner until you feel a desire for them again.

I've been that way since my early 20s so I don't think it is a getting older thing. I honestly just don't see the appeal of marriage. Shackled like that to another person just seems stupid to me. Then there's the whole 'kids' thing which I find revolting. I don't see the necessity of burdening a good long-term relationship with the anchor of marriage. I always make it clear when I start dating a new chick that marriage and kids are not an option, ever.

recently got out of a 5 year relationship...towards the end i was starting to get annoyed by her habits, i'm glad we ended it when we did.
Right now i'm happily single, but i'm sure that will change sometime in the future.

If you have to ask then yes. You can however pay for company and skip the relationship hassle.

Back