Am I an a$$ ?

The worst that can happen is all of the bad blood that has been slowly building between you and the instructor finally erupts in one huge incident triggered by something relatively minor. There's usually like a fight in the gym, swearing and yelling, maybe the police get called, etc.

After that's over and you've left the gym for good, then you continue to see your instructor periodically at tournaments. Of course it is always really awkward and everyone whispers rumors about what REALLY happened between you guys. It's usually a lot worse than what really happened at this point. If it's really bad, you might have another fighting, swearing/yelling, police calling incident at the tournament too.

You guys just haven't been around long enough to see this stuff happen. If there is distrust and bad blood between you and your instructor, you can't just ignore it and train anyway until it gets so bad you get kicked out. Usually by that point it is so bad you will regret it forever.

They pull that shit on me, I'll come back with my posse and a piece. Then we'll see what's up. Shit just got real. Don't be scared, homie. :icon_lol:

Seriously, all of that because you don't want to pay for a belt test? If it hasn't been put into writing that he agrees to pay a fee for a belt test, then the student is in the right to not pay for it if he doesn't want to. It's not a big deal. IMO, if your instructor is the type of person who'd freak out and cause a fracas that requires police intervention, you should leave that club immediately. The instructor is a psycho.

I would never pay for a stripe or belt... thats now Jiu Jitsu, thats marketing based on Karate School systems.

Back