Am I a bad person?

An experienced parallel parker doesnt tap someone elses bumpers.

The guy had a right to be pissed. Technically its a hit and run accident.

If it were me I would have hopped out right away and dealt with it.

If youre asking me, its a dick move what you did, and youre lucky that all the guy did was yell at you. Its common courtesy at the very least.

Dudes an idiot. If you're parking in the city love taps are to be expected.

If youre asking me, its a dick move what you did, and youre lucky that all the guy did was yell at you. Its common courtesy at the very least.

You wouldn't have done anything.

Dealt with what?! There was no damage and he knew it. There's literally nothing to deal with.

If you had said "I may not be a crash expert, but your dad is still dead."

Then you'd be a bad person.

Guy sounds like an asshole who can't deal with his emotions.

Obviously if there's damage that's a different story.

He knew there was no damage though. An experienced parallel parker knows what they can get away with. It's more than you think. Your precious bumper will be fine brother, I promise.

One would think that if someone was experienced you wouldn't need to constantly tap a bumper to judge distance. How about just don't hit other people's cars.... Problem avoided.

You have a large car in the UK....

You should have checked out of courtesy, we are supposed to be polite over here.

Nope. He's obviously pissed about whats going on with his life. Doesn't excuse his dick behavior and the bumper tap isn't necessarily kosher but we've all been there and there's no need to check for damage. Shit, its so common in Philadelphia and they call it the "Philly bump".

One time I was having dinner with my girl on South Street and saw thia car love tap my car 3 times and the last one was hard. So I go out and say "WTF!?!" The lady in tha car apologizes but than had the balls to follow me into the restaurant and ask me to back my car up so she could fit in the space.

As scrubido said, most of the time, if you have to ask, then you are.

Dudes an idiot. If you're parking in the city love taps are to be expected.

Door dings and parallel parking bumps are expected because most drivers are careless people. They have no problem with damaging others property.

Door dings and parallel parking bumps are expected because most drivers are careless people. They have no problem with damaging others property.

There's not going to be any damage from a love tap.

Dealt with what?! There was no damage and he knew it. There's literally nothing to deal with.

Lol at knew it. You can't know something didn't happen. It is entirely possible a small scratch/dent could have been made.

I would be fucking pissed if someone "tapped" my car and just drove off. Get out and check it. It would probably take 10 seconds at the most, to me it would be at the very least a common courtesy to make look like you care you just hit and potentially damaged someone else's property.

Do you even parallel-park bro?

Seriously though... you hit the guys car, you need to get out and make sure there is no damage before driving off. I'd call you a wanker too if I was English.

One time I was having dinner with my girl on South Street and saw thia car love tap my car 3 times and the last one was hard. So I go out and say "WTF!?!" The lady in tha car apologizes but than had the balls to follow me into the restaurant and ask me to back my car up so she could fit in the space.

Oh man. I like the set of cajones on her.

There's not going to be any damage from a love tap.

Depends. I have seen what a slight tap of the front bumper can do to a rear bumper. Steel screws holding the front plate on left indentions on the rear bumper.

Crash expert sounds suspicious, this dude is a sherdogger, and a groundhog expert at that.

A bad person.....No

But you should have gotten out.

You stating 'you have done this before" is an indicator that you should drive a smaller car lol.

Back