AM cardio

oasfc

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i know its common knowledge that HIIT is better for fighters than LSD but i have been doing some research on the internet and ive come across different opinions for before breakfast cardio, some saying that high intensity before breakfast will cause burning muscle rather than fat. which would you recommend? i obviously wish to try and maintain as much muscle mass possible, i have been doing sprints up till now. i have the time so im really looking at the best possible method to burn fat without much musscle loss. thanks

Last edited:
2 shots of espresso on an empty stomach followed by a 40 min powerwalk.

i know its common knowledge that HIIT is better for fighters than LSD

I don't think that's true in general. I think it's true that a fighter who's resting heart rate is already down in the 50's would probably benefit more from HIIT. If your RHR is above 60, a good case can be made for doing lots of LSD until you get it down below 60.

i know its common knowledge that HIIT is better for fighters than LSD

Common knowledge? What crossfit says isn`t common knowledge.

...im really looking at the best possible method to burn fat without much musscle loss. thanks

Eat less calories, maintain protein intake and resistance training.

Anytime you cut weight, regardless of how much fat and water you're plannin on losing, you will lose some muscle with that. Just like when you want to put on muscle and eat more calories than you burn to bulk, you're going to put on some extra fat. Anyone who claims they can maintain same muscle while cutting or maintain same bodyfat percentage while bulking either is a genetic freak, or liar.

Eat less calories, maintain protein intake and resistance training.

good advise but im already doing this. i was wondering what phsyical activitiy to do in the morning of my lifting rest days would be the most beneficial to burning fat.

good advise but im already doing this. i was wondering what phsyical activitiy to do in the morning of my lifting rest days would be the most beneficial to burning fat.

Provided you have time LSD would be your best option. Greatest calorie expenditure and least likely to interfere with your strenght training.

EDIT

Also if you are already doing what I said before then you should already be losing weight. If that`s the case then just stick to what you are doing now. When it comes to weight loss slow and steady wins the race.

ok thanks for your advise. yea i am losing weight already at decent rate but wouldnt mind helping it along a bit.

ok thanks for your advise. yea i am losing weight already at decent rate but wouldnt mind helping it along a bit.

Keep in mind, the faster you drop the weight chances are you will also lose more muscle. Just like the faster you bulk the more fat you will probably put on.

Most of what I have heard when it comes to fat loss HIIT and LSD basically have the same outcome. The only difference is that LSD naturally takes longer (workout time wise). This is strictly talking about fat loss.

I have had other people tell me that HIIt works better for fat loss than LSD. I have never hear LSD is better for fat loss.

Back