always SO TIRED

babyjay

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Let me tell you my schedule. I go to school from 11am to 4pm. Work from 7pm to 12pm. After work i feel fine, no problem. During the day, i struggle to wake up, difficult to pay attention during class and by 5pm i NEED to take a nap.

I'm in my early 20's, 5'10 175lbs. Why do i feel like im in my 50's? Remember that feeling when you were a kid, when you would wake up and JUST GO! I want that. My tiredness is really starting to affect my school and social life. Can anyone help? All advice and comments appreciated. Thank you.

The first thing I would check on is how much sleep you're getting, and what quality of sleep. I've heard a lot about people needing less than the standard eight hours, but those people usually take long naps to account for the time they didn't sleep overnight. I can't get up out of bed worth a thing if I haven't slept a full eight hours, or more if I'm behind on sleep, so that's the first thing I would check.

Then, on quality of sleep...do you wake up a lot during the night? Do you remember your dreams often? Do you feel any aches upon waking? You may need to adjust your sleeping posture; your skeleton should sit in a rather natural alignment for the entire night. I would suggest sleeping on your side for this, and your right side at that; sleeping on your right side makes it easier for your heart to pump blood to the majority of your body due to gravity. I use a thick pillow between my legs to keep my legs aligned properly and I used to put a thin pillow beneath my obliques / love handle area to keep my spine aligned. Also, get the right amount of pillow-age underneath your head to ensure that your head is aligned properly as well. I tuck my (top) pillow as close as I can possibly get it to my shoulder and neck so it's supported directly.

Also, are you exercising at all, and more importantly, are you exercising regularly? The human body was designed to go through a regular physical activity program; think back to when humans first came into existence. They weren't driving cars and eating McCrackRocks every day. They were hunting and gathering. Running things down and killing them, walking around picking berries and all this mess. Running away from things trying to eat them. The point is that the body doesn't operate well when it doesn't get everything it needs, be it nutrients, sleep, or exercise. Think about that for a while.

Oh, and caffeine is a nasty little bugger, too. The more you use it, the more you rely on it; it's not directly addicting, but psychologically you will begin to depend on it to wake you up and you will form a habit of it. Considering it causes your heart to act abnormally, causing it to beat faster or in irregular patterns, it's not a good habit in the first place. It's just a coverup for the true problem at hand, really, whatever that problem may be. Kinda reminds me of how some people just can't get out of bed without a cigarette. ...

could be all mental too. do your dread waking up to do your daily activities? If so it may have developed into a subconsiousthing that makes you want to sleep untill it's all done.

Post your diet. What you eat has a pretty big role in how to perform during the day.

Lusst said:
Post your diet. What you eat has a pretty big role in how to perform during the day.
+1

When i started carrying around a trailmix and breaking frequently for meals i was delightfully surprised at how much my energy level went up.

also dont overeat at meals , was havin the same problem and its cuz of an acid reflux cuz of drinkin,smokin and overeating. <-- woah , never realised how unhealthy that sounds. i was eatin healthy but i wasnt eatin enough meals and too much food at each meal , fucked up my stomach.

only 1 cure....take a day off school or work or whatever and just SLEEP ALL DAY! i have done it before and it was fuckin' awsome

I'll be honest. My diet is shit. I dont pack a lunch. I'll just buy whenver its convienient. I sleep in TOTAL DARKNESS. Before i couldnt sleep, so someone suggested cover all windows. Ok cool, i could sleep now, but i CANT wake up! Do you think i should uncover my windows, to let me know that the day is here? I used to workout, but now after work i usually study or nap (mostly nap).

Ok, my diet and my workouts are shit. Fixing that might help A LITTLE. In all honesty, my sleep fucks me up. Seriously, i could sleep for 12hrs, im not a lazy ass, but i like my rest because im not the same person if im not energized. I dont know bros...

Get a regular schedule going, and workout.

BTW yours ain't that bad, I work mid-8:00 am then class until 1:00 pm.

Regular exercise helped me. I guess I am so physically tired at the end of the night that I sleep much deeper now. What time do you wake up? You should be getting at least 6 hours of sleep a night, and probably more.

At one point during the weekdays my gf would basically tease me everynight with promises of sex by a substantial amount of foreplay. Then as I was about to pounce, she'd say "good night" I was like WTF?!? But during the weekdays I had the energy of 2 year old. Its seriously sexually frustrating, but if its energy you want.....well its just one method, but it makes you feel like your on rocket fuel.

(ps: if you try this method, make sure you "get what you deserve" during the weekends.)

Funny im the exact same way..Im fine in the morning and at night but around 4-5PM I start to feel really tired and have no energy...dont even feel like going to class...but once i get there im fine.

it's most likely your diet, and exercise is probably number 2. Especially if you're getting sleepy around 4-5pm. I used to work all day without a break, from 8-4. Then I'd go home and eat a big meal. I could not stay awake, the "shock" of food just made me sleep for an hour or more. But on the days when I would sneak off and eat a sandwich, I would not get the "shock" from eating after work. Now I work even longer days, but I eat every few hours. And I don't have time to nap. But I get alot more done just by eating more. Every few days I sleep alot to make up for 6 hour nights, but I don't ever get super groggy anymore.

antant said:
At one point during the weekdays my gf would basically tease me everynight with promises of sex by a substantial amount of foreplay. Then as I was about to pounce, she'd say "good night" I was like WTF?!? But during the weekdays I had the energy of 2 year old. Its seriously sexually frustrating, but if its energy you want.....well its just one method, but it makes you feel like your on rocket fuel.

(ps: if you try this method, make sure you "get what you deserve" during the weekends.)

I'd be so hyper doing this. Respect!

yomon said:
could be all mental too. do your dread waking up to do your daily activities? If so it may have developed into a subconsiousthing that makes you want to sleep untill it's all done.

This is me 100%. I get depressed really easy and when I dread doing my daily activity I can literally sleep like 14-15 hours a day. So I'd try adjusting your diet, exercise, and sleep and if that doesn't work then maybe you're just a bit depressed :wink:

Let me tell you a story. I'm 22. Since starting college at 18 to about 2 months ago i was going through something like that. I was always sleepy, tired, i had some severe depression, couldn't concentrate, non existant long term memory, severe scalp itch and hair loss, i got winded really fast too when working out, the list goes on. I was 150lb 6'0 in H.S. and i was in outstanding shape becuause i played lots of basketball.. by 20 i was 205 and couldn't run a lap.
I went to a doctor to get a check up because my mom was getting worried. I denied anything being wrong with me but i went anyway. Everything came out ok except my body temperature was low. The doctor sucked and said i was fine. I finally started reading up online about my hair loss thinking it was genetic, but ended up looking up my side effects because my hair loss wasn't normal. I started checking my body temperature and it was around 96.3. I finally decided to checked for hypothyroidism, diabetes, anemia, turns out i didnt have them. I had chronic fatigue syndrome cause by barr epstein virus for 3 years. At least thats what the doctor said was causing this. I have finally gotten back to normal after some medication. I recommend taking your body temperature, if it's low it's affecting your metabolism and or how much oxygen your body is using. I would also recommend getting a full blood test from your doctor..

Btw i'm down to 178lb now because i've been training boxing like an animal for about 1 year now. Once my body temperature went up i had enough stamina and energy to work out 3hours a day instead of only 1.

Back