always rolling with higher belts

You can only get better by rolling with higher belts. It obviously is good to have some lesser guys to roll against, but will not hurt you for now. If you can go against people and not get tapped, think of that as you winning.

I udes to have the mind set that i was going to grapple with the purple belts and make them submit. After getting subbed maybe 250 times to zero. I gave up. Now my goal is to go the entire session without getting subbed. And yes it has helped my game drastically.

I'm in the exact opposite situation. I train at a place with all white belts, myself included. There are a couple blue belts, but they may or may not have been promoted prematurely.

I'd kill to train with more experienced guys on a regular basis.

this is the same way i learned and yeah it sucks to not get wins and more or less be dominated; but trust me it pays off because ur training w/guys w/more exp and tech skill, so when u face those lower ranked guys or guys on ur level u will do great. TRUST ME

training w/people on ur level or beating people on ur level is not gonna really make u tht much better for one; an two even if u dominate and build up ur confidence, it's gonna be crushed when a) u roll w/higher belts or b)when u train w/guys on ur level who work out w/higher belts/better people.

either way ur resolve to keep going and to do ur best will be tested at some point, urs is just being tested earlier...

but the one thing ur missing is that if u don't work harder and try to close or take adv of the openings, they are never gonna step it up or respect u because tthey won't see the progression in tech..timing..strategy and they won't see any advancement in ur conditioning/strength/etc (which will stall cus ur not going hard or working)

as u get better and show them u know what to do..they will give u less and less openings or opportunites to tap them

I'm kind of in the same position right now. Usually after i get beat i ask the go to show me what he just did. Helps out a lot.

Back