Always getting injured hampers my weight training

deadpool

H***an Chop!!
@purple
Reaction score
I seem to always get banged up after a sparring session- at least lately, anyway. I get bruises and hurt knees, elbows, kneck, broken or sprained toes, sprained knuckles, not to mention slight headaches. I usually lift weights right after the gym, when I get home. As you might think, this makes it pretty difficult to lift heavy without some discomfort. I was wondering if any of you have experienced this. I don't even go that hard sparring all the time either. Oh, and the sparring is either Muay Thai or boxing. Am I being a pussy or what?

deadpool said:
I seem to always get banged up after a sparring session- at least lately, anyway. I get bruises and hurt knees, elbows, kneck, broken or sprained toes, sprained knuckles, not to mention slight headaches. I usually lift weights right after the gym, when I get home. As you might think, this makes it pretty difficult to lift heavy without some discomfort. I was wondering if any of you have experienced this. I don't even go that hard sparring all the time either. Oh, and the sparring is either Muay Thai or boxing. Am I being a pussy or what?

QUIT CRYING YA BABY AND GET SOME MUSCLE MILK ARGHHHHHHHHHH :mad:

you can only do your best with your situation. Go to the gym, do what you can.

Exactly what Urban said. You can't be expected to keep your performance high, if you're constantly banged up. Lighten your load in the weight room, give yourself more time to recover and focus on your sport a little more. Too often I see guys think they're doing sports to help them lift weights, rather than lifting to help with their sport...

I can sympathize with you on the injury front. Wrecking Ball said it best, remember that you are lifting for your sport not vice versa.

P.S. It does not sound like you are being a puss either. Give yourself a rest once in a while and remember that in your case, lifting is just supplemental to your fighting.

Ok, guys, I have been known to overtrain in the gym. I'll ease off a bit from everything for now. I don't even have anything coming up anyway, so no sense in me getting injured for nothing. Thanks for the words, I probably knew what I need to do; I was just so damn frustrated from getting these fucking injuries so often! I usually bite the bullet and just ram through the pain, but I'll focus on staying injury free a bit more.

Back