Alvarez vs Melendez needs to be made now

AJ Garcia

Level 10 Keyboard warrior
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I've never heard of an injury being better for everyone involved, but now we get to see cowboy vs bendo, and have a chance to finally get Alvarez vs Melendez.

Hopefully we get some details about the injury soon. Gil has been in the UFC forever and has only had 3 fights :mad:

Not interested. Would rather see Alvarez vs Salas and Melendez vs Barberena

No. I'd prefer to not see Alvarez probably go 0-2 and get cut.

Alvarez/Gomi is a fight I like. Or even Diego

I'm into it. If Alvarez or Melendez lose to other people, it'll really make them seem like they don't belong in the major league.

At least if they fight each other, there'd be a big hurrah and then the loser would get a chance to redeem themselves.

It's really kinda fucked up how badly Alvarez's run has gone thus far tho.

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I think the ufc wants Alvarez to lose. "Bellator champs don't Belong etc etc"

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I think the ufc wants Alvarez to lose. "Bellator champs don't Belong etc etc"

He definitely was gonna get paid handsomely on the contract he was offered the first time and probably made a good bit on this deal.

He's a top name. Who else should he be fighting? He wants to competed for the UFC title.

He's not getting any younger. How should he be handled? Especially considering he wants a title shot?

Alvarez needs to fight someone in the lower top 10.

Well what has Melendez done since coming over? He lost two title shots and had a fight with unranked Diego. If this fight happened I would take Eddie over Gil in a good fight. I think cowboy beats Gil too.

Alvarez vs. Melendez couldn't be anything other than legendary. This fight has to happen.
I imagine it being like if Wand and Liddell fought when both were in thee prime (the fight that actually happened was amazing enough as it is).

IMO Melendez is a little better than Bendo, and Bendo was a pretty silly opponent for Alvarez as it was when he lost to Cowboy, who up until now at least is 0-2 against Bendo.

Yeah, in a way the injury could be good for all involved, if not long-term. But not because it sets up a fight against the likes of Melendez instead. More like if it sets a fight against Miller, Green, or that ilk. However, if they set him up with someone like Barboza, it's even worse for Alvarez. Because he wouldn't get a lot of credit for beating him, and it's a bad style match-up for similar reasons as Cowboy was. At least with Bendo, even though Alvarez was giving up a lot of size then, he could use his tdd to give his better technical stand-up a good chance to win. It was a neutral style match in that way, albeit against a better opponent.

Set Eddie and Gil up to win their next fight, regain hype, and THEN do that fight.

We don't need to see it. But goddamn, that would be a good fight.

Didint Benson win over cerrone a few times and Cerrone just beat Alvarez real good.. so they give him Benson...Definitely being thrown to the wolves..this seem like it might work out for the better,,,Give him a tuf guy to fight.

We don't need to see it. But goddamn, that would be a good fight.

Neither guy will be champion so might as well put them in some bad ass fights

Back