Alvarez is turning into

Overreem. Retired the company cash cow with the biggest hype derailment in UFC history shortly thereafter. I guarantee he's cost the company a lot more money than Toney.

Where do you get this ridiculous judgement from? If you watched any of his fights you'd know Eddie actually responds tremendously to pressure.

He wilted pretty bad against cerrone.

That was at a time when Penn and Couture could have pulled similar numbers regardless of opponent. For the amount they paid him, Toney was a bust.

It was all about the symbolism of a boxing v. MMA. Toney wasn't even much of a draw in boxing in the 90s, let alone in the 00s. The money they paid him could never justify the amount of viewers he'd bring in. It was all about making a point in a fight that shouldn't have been sanctioned.

He was losing to Henderson anyway.
Wonder what happens to cowboy?

Henderson beat him twice already.
Second one was really easy as well.

I don't think a loss to Bendo is necessarily going to derail Cerrone's career that much. He's stepping up and it's getting Dana out of a Jam. It might delay his Title shot if he ever gets one, but Cerrone is Dana White's wet dream in a fighter. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

And Hector Lombard is the biggest waste of money in UFC history.

That was at a time when Penn and Couture could have pulled similar numbers regardless of opponent. For the amount they paid him, Toney was a bust.

What did they pay? I've always wondered why he took the the fight. He had absolutely no chance.

Even if Alvarez doesn't pan out, which I think he won't, the UFC was still able to rob Bellator of one of their most exciting fighters and biggest draws. Similar to what they did with Lombard.

I bet Cain has cost the UFC more money than any fighter in history.

cant handle the pressure why because he got injured?

Fuck the free market. These fighters are making too much money when they use it to their advantage. Amirite?

I think Eddie dodged a bullet, I think Benson would have handled him, they need to match Eddie up with some lower guys first and build him up, not just throw him to the wolves right off, I get it though, he was touted as the best non UFC LW and a possible title contender or champ, which was silly. Contender maybe, but def not champ.

Alveraz looked great the first round. He's a good fighter, give him time. I hope they match him up better. Lower ranked please

Back