Although Volk beat that ass...

I’m sure if it was a 10 round fight he’d of paced himself better. But it wasn’t it was a 5 round fight and he was the better fighter over that period
That’s right. You train your systems for a 25 minute fight, including four one minute breaks. You’d be a different athlete if training for a different duration.

Max has the best cardio in the biz and had all the physical advantages in this fight. Yet he still couldn't figure it out after five rounds. It is what it is, and I'm a big Max fan.

what advantage did he have? Volk was shorter but had a good reach advantage, was faster, had more power and similar cardio.

Alex’s striking style countered max’s badly, the leg kicks shut down footwork and max’s stance switching. Volk’s entries with left hooks and overhooks then stopped Max from getting his combinations giing.

this is a retarded thread btw, if there were no rounds possibly Alex could have finished him along the way.

Max has the best cardio in the biz and had all the physical advantages in this fight. Yet he still couldn't figure it out after five rounds. It is what it is, and I'm a big Max fan.
you are nothing but a crap poster

You do realize they count leg kicks as significant right? take away the leg kicks and max landed more...to me, one good punch is worth 5 leg kicks.

The leg kicks completely changed the complexion of the fight as they forced Max Holloway to change stances and restricted his movement. They were far more effective than Max's pitter patter punches.

That good old “if it was to the death” argument.

If you look into it, Diaz is still undefeated

Max was picking it up as the fight went on but it was too little, too late.

Volk did not in any remote way beat anyones ass.

There were no knockdowns, no 10-8 rounds, nobody was even wobbled. It looked like hard sparring and Volk did a great job with his game plan and leg kicks.

When Volk did throw some heat, he was whiffing at air.

He was point scoring. Did what he needed in order to win.

If the fight was to the death i would pick Max. Volk started to slow down in the 5th and Max was not slowing down. In a 10 round fight Max would have won no doubt in my mind but it's 5 rounds and Volk put on a masterclass. That is all thanks for reading

Aloha bless

bj-penn-licking-blood-GIF-crazy-2.gif
Obvious Hawaiian bias here

The second Max realized he could just eat the kicks and start to pick up the pace, moving forward and kicking up the volume, the fight changed considerably. I would favor Max in a rematch.

LOL, he was starting to slow down with one minute left in the fifth round. Holloway had nothing for him, it it was a fight to the death max would be gone.

Back