Although Volk beat that ass...

Jean-Claude_Bloodsport

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If the fight was to the death i would pick Max. Volk started to slow down in the 5th and Max was not slowing down. In a 10 round fight Max would have won no doubt in my mind but it's 5 rounds and Volk put on a masterclass. That is all thanks for reading

Aloha bless

bj-penn-licking-blood-GIF-crazy-2.gif

If the fight were to the death there wouldn't be rounds or rules.

If the fight was to the death i would pick Max. Volk started to slow down in the 5th and Max was not slowing down. In a 10 round fight Max would have won no doubt in my mind but it's 5 rounds and Volk put on a masterclass. That is all thanks for reading

Aloha bless

I’m sure if it was a 10 round fight he’d of paced himself better. But it wasn’t it was a 5 round fight and he was the better fighter over that period

Max has the best cardio in the biz and had all the physical advantages in this fight. Yet he still couldn't figure it out after five rounds. It is what it is, and I'm a big Max fan.

Volk did not in any remote way beat anyones ass.

There were no knockdowns, no 10-8 rounds, nobody was even wobbled. It looked like hard sparring and Volk did a great job with his game plan and leg kicks.

When Volk did throw some heat, he was whiffing at air.

Volk did not in any remote way beat anyones ass.

There were no knockdowns, no 10-8 rounds, nobody was even wobbled. It looked like hard sparring and Volk did a great job with his game plan and leg kicks.

When Volk did throw some heat, he was whiffing at air.
Yeah it’s not like he landed twice as many significant strikes or anything. OH WAIT

Yeah it’s not like he landed twice as many significant strikes or anything. OH WAIT

If you said "Volk landed more significant strikes" then sure, of course.

In no way does that directly correlate with beating someones ass, or what that implies. It was a 3-2 competitive decision that looked like hard sparring. No knockdowns, no 10-8 rounds, I can't even recall a single time either fighter was wobbled or remotely in danger?

Good game plan, nice leg kicks, overall point fighting decision.

If you said "Volk landed more significant strikes" then sure, of course.

In no way does that directly correlate with beating someones ass, or what that implies. It was a 3-2 competitive decision that looked like hard sparring. No knockdowns, no 10-8 rounds, I can't even recall a single time either fighter was wobbled or remotely in danger?

Good game plan, nice leg kicks, overall point fighting decision.

max has a granite chin those were not point fighting shots. go watch gsp reruns if you want point fighting

If it was a 10 round fight, they readjust. Volk slows down, Max slows down. Volk probably works even harder and longer on the legs and body.

Not really sure what the point of this thread is anyway.

max was

max has a granite chin those were not point fighting shots. go watch gsp reruns if you want point fighting

Poirer tagged Max a lot hard and a lot cleaner. When Volk threw big, he whiffed air (over and over)

He scored very nicely with hard leg kicks and good overall footwork.

That fight looked like hard sparring, flat out. Nobody was ever remotely in danger. Poirer had Max in serious trouble.

Aloha bless

Either way, I was a bit late getting on to the Holloway train and lately I'm thinking about hopping back off. What's changed with him? It seems like his strikes have no effect or he's just not putting them together effectively anymore.

You do realize they count leg kicks as significant right? take away the leg kicks and max landed more...to me, one good punch is worth 5 leg kicks.

Volk had the timing for his kicks, but was struggling landing punches. Max if he was a better kicker might have been able to dish it back. However the kicks were landing before Max's punches and it was an uphill battle to land.

I think Max should not take an immediate rematch and work more on his kicks and checking, then maybe he could for Volk to attempt more punches.

Boring ass fight ... Ufc just lost a star to gain another boring ass champ

Nice guy though

max was neutralized pretty quickly
he had to change his stance and that was it. his output was limited to 50%.

Aloha bless

Max clearly Lost.

Alexander clearly Won.

That's it.
- Sorry you didn't like the result.

Instead of wishing for a fantasy 10 round fight... I'd be more inclined to make the tweek that Max turn up the heat for the 5 he has if he had so much gas left.

Instead of wishing for a fantasy 10 round fight... I'd be more inclined to make the tweek that Max turn up the heat for the 5 he has if he had so much gas left.
YEs.

Cardio isn’t isnt just about duration, it’s also about pace.

Guys who lose a ten k don’t get to say that they would’ve won a half marathon.

Back