Alternative wrestling styles

I did Swiss Schwingen for most of my life. I probably have 500 matches or so.

Oh snap.

I'm doing an exchange to Switzerland next year.
Definitely gonna check this out.

Any recommendations for clubs in Zurich?

I'm really interested in the grappling elements of things like muay Thai, San shou, silat and stuff like that. Even karate, apparently some styles of karate offer a wide array of trips, sweeps, throws, etc.

I always recall that kickboxer Kevin Ross saying when he was getting ready for an MMA fight he did well in the clinch against wrestlers and grapples. I found that to be very interesting.

I'm really interested in the grappling elements of things like muay Thai, San shou, silat and stuff like that. Even karate, apparently some styles of karate offer a wide array of trips, sweeps, throws, etc.

I always recall that kickboxer Kevin Ross saying when he was getting ready for an MMA fight he did well in the clinch against wrestlers and grapples. I found that to be very interesting.
Jujutsu was the father of Karate and judo I think so I can see if Karate had a grappling influence on it.

Jujutsu was the father of Karate and judo I think so I can see if Karate had a grappling influence on it.

Okinawan karate is descended from a Chinese art, but Okinawa also had a native grappling sport like that was like sumo.

Back