alternative to squat rack

It looks like the max height is 97 cm. They also look like they'd be hard to rerack into especially at the end of a hard set.

it could work. but basically it is only for squats, possibly for presses if they can be lowered down enough

Something like these would probably be better for your needs:

Something like these would probably be better for your needs:

I think the vertical catch of those is really important (and lacking on the rack that TS linked to). The vertical catch lets you walk forward until you hit the rack and then simply lower the bar. At that point you KNOW you are above the rack. With the linked rack, you pretty much have to know where you are and lower directly onto the rack without any physical queues.

Exactly. The pic is also a link to EliteFTS's site where those are sold, but since I'm assuming you are overseas, you could probably find some on your side of the pond for less than the shipping from here.

Also, the item in the original post consists of two separate squat stands, rather than one unit with two stands attached via the base.

I think the latter is a better option, for two reasons --

First, it's more stable.

Also, if you have a slightly awkward liftoff or rerack, at least the entire rack is gonna move as a unit and you don't have to worry about one stand getting knocked out of alignment from the other.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back