Movies Alpha Dog

Just recently re-watched this. Man what a damn tragedy. The real story is just as damn close to this movie as you can come because its based on the DA case reports. I do not like how they make JT's character a cool cat, who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time though. He actively hero worshiped Jesse James Hollywood as much as the Elvis guy did. They had multiple chances to let this kid go and just say he escaped or whatever. And I bet he would not even had said anything.

Over 30 witnesses and noone did or said shit.

Some neked Amanda Seyfried and Amber Heard in it too tho.

All this shit over 1200 bucks. Tragic.

I knew a guy who got killed over an ounce of weed. Some people are just fucking crazy.

Love this movie
Followed the story for years before he was caught because it reminded me of people I grew up with and that shit coulda been any one of us with the wild dumb shit we used to do

I also enjoy the TechN9ne song that plays at the end credits. Stuck in my head first couple of times I saw the film.

sucks anton yelchin died IRL too- kid was on his way. pretty good actor. cool to hear puscifer in the soundtrack.

I watched it the other day. Sad story, knowing that it was all real.

Movie was fairly solid, even if some of the acting and sound design was way off the mark.

Good movie .
I suppose the real Jessy James is still serving a life sentence

Always liked that movie. Really messed up and sad to watch as it proceeds toward that conclusion. Horrible, ridiculous story. Well made film.

Lot of quality actors in there too some of them before they really made it big- Hirsche, Yelchin (RIP), Foster, Wilde, Hatosy, Seyfried, etc.

Timberlake was quite good. Probably one of the better singers turned actors of this present generation but didn’t really continue doing it.

And unhinged Ben Foster (great character actor) was always interesting to watch.
And Fernando Vargas!

I also enjoy the TechN9ne song that plays at the end credits. Stuck in my head first couple of times I saw the film.

Try the Lazarus "Enemy and I" track from the part in the movie when they go break ben fosters windows. Awesome rap song I never really heard before.

Ben Foster deserves more attention and more work.

Loved this fight scene, just goes Bruce Lee on their asses.

I was really hoping he would catch up with that little weasel Emile Hirsch.

Try the Lazarus "Enemy and I" track from the part in the movie when they go break ben fosters windows. Awesome rap song I never really heard before.

I've had that song by Lazarus on my IPOD playlist for over 10 years

Solid track

One of my personal favorite movies to watch

Timberlake was good and Ben Foster stole every scene he was in. Even that scene where Hirsch plays his threatening message was solid.

Great movie and such a tragedy...the kid reaction at the end and the mother interview are really a punch in the stomach

I thought he exhausted his appeals?

I haven't read about it in quite a while though.
"On February 12, 2012, an appellate court upheld the conviction and denied a motion for a new trial. Hollywood's defense alleged he was not guilty because Markowitz could have left at any time of his own will and chose not to do so, ending Hollywood's responsibility at the time he last saw Markowitz.[52]"

That is all i know about it. If the appellate court shoots you down once, does that mean ALL your appeals are exhausted?

Everyone else involved are currently on parole though. Except for the guy who pulled the trigger, he is on death row at san quentin.

I've had that song by Lazarus on my IPOD playlist for over 10 years

Solid track
Fuck yeah, I kept forgetting about it after the first time I heard it. I liked finding 1 hit wonder rap tunes, or even hidden gems I haven't found on other CDs before. I've found so many old E-40 songs I never even realized I never heard before. Dude puts out a billion tracks.

Some neked Amanda Seyfried and Amber Heard in it too tho.

tenor.gif

Loved this fight scene, just goes Bruce Lee on their asses.

I was really hoping he would catch up with that little weasel Emile Hirsch.

Great moment too when Hirsche blindsides him early on over the debt and is choking him and Foster kips up like he’s Shawn Michaels or some shit and wrecks him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back