Almost zero promotion for the UFC Stockholm card

Dan Henderson, Moussasi, Bader and Phil Davis are now no names? Shit I gotta get with the program on this whole being an MAM follower thing.

Mothers Against Motorcycles?

Doctor_wait_what.gif

There is a decent amount of momentum heading into this card.

Jones vs Cormier 750k ppv buys
UFC Fight Night 2 million plus viewers

Who cares? Some nobody whose name I can't spell vs that guy who got cut because he couldn't make weight. Neither of these guys have anything for GSP, so why bother?

Well apparently these European stadium shows aren't pretty much worthless.

they can only hype so much at a time. gotta keep the message clear.

I think that the experiment with post NFL fights has been interesting. FOX seemed to put some real effort into the in-game promotion (including the hilarious exchange between Joe Buck and Troy Aikman as they tried to pretend that they knew who McGregor was and generally gave a fuck about MMA). In any case, that sort of messaging has to be simple: "There is a fight happening tonight and you should watch it"

During actual fight, I thought that they did a good job of introducing the card next weekend as well as teasing Silva's comeback.

Who cares? Some nobody whose name I can't spell vs that guy who got cut because he couldn't make weight. Neither of these guys have anything for GSP, so why bother?

Let me guess, your name is.....Fred Tom?

Gus' jaw will be shattered in his own country damn shame.

You've got one of the best match ups this year in Gustafsson vs Johnson and a solid co-main event with Henderson vs Mousasi + Bader vs Davis and a good undercard with some good prospects and there is not really an effort to promote this event from FOX and the UFC.

The question is why?

I did an article on another site previewing all of the "The Time is Now" shows and projecting what they might do just before Jones-Cormier. So far, I was pretty accurate, calling for 700-750K for UFC 182 and that the FS 1 show could break the record rating for UFC on that station.

When I got to the FOX show, it was actually projecting to be one of the lowest rated FOX shows ever. It's just not a lineup of fighters that people generally tune in to watch. According to the metric I've developed on my site (you can dismiss it if you like but it's proven very accurate as a predictive model), Ryan Bader in particularly is one of the biggest negative draws of all time in UFC.

Also, being in Sweden doesn't help as it won't get any kind of "regular sports" coverage in North America.

I'm thinking it will do in the 2.2 million range. Out of the five shows I previewed in late December though, it was the only one that I thought was going to do a disappointing number. I'm confident that the next two PPVs are going to do very well and they look pretty good through May.

There's actually a pretty good chance that by the end of the May PPV, UFC will have more PPV buys in 2015 than they had in all of 2014.

They had the Swedish girls at the last show

I've seen a bunch of commercials for it but when you see how much promo McGregor fight got it looks like this one got none but it did.

Also been seeing alot more Silva/Diaz commercials, they are running all the time on Fox Sports 1 and see alot of the usual Comcast produced UFC PPV commercials.

Gus isn't popular, it's that simple. He's more popular being a guy who almost beat Jon Jones that one time, than he is for being a good fighter. They put this guy on the video game cover, and now he still can't get promotion outside of his home country.

The UFC blew their wad on the Conor McGregor card. There's no money left to properly promote the pretty stacked Stockholm card.

They will start promoting the fights a couple of hours before weigh ins :)

Stockholm? Brazil getting a lot of cards this year.

They made a whole "Road to the Octagon" video, not many non-title fights get that 45 minutes in-depth coverage...

[YT]F70vx4Mzbmo[/YT]

Not necessary considering its on a channel thats damn near impossible to skip through. People will land on FOX, hear Joe Rogan saying this is madness and hes hurt and they will stick to their TVs.

Marketing major here.

Back