Almost everyone is expecting Cain will get KO'ed again but...

Yes i would be very surprised if Cain KO'd JDS but its possible..

The bloodied Carwin had him stunned in round 2 (if I'm not mistaken) and Carwin is not anywhere near technical as Cain. As long as he keeps that head movement going, the possibility of Cain surprising JDS with a KO combo is huge. JDS will be looking more to defend takedowns this time and that could give an opening for Cain. I got my cash on Cain :)

Carwin probably hits harder and actually keeps his chin tucked more.

Notice how Cain is looking away from Nog as he hits with this combo. He does not move his head while doing this and also ties his hands up in a combo.
Velasquez-KO-Nog-slow-mo.gif

Then look at how Jds moves his head off-center as he throws the left hook. Not only looking at Gonzaga but moving out of the way of a possible power shot from Gabriel.
Dos-Santos-KO-Gonzaga.gif

The thrust of my post is that your initial arguments are so beyond the pale, that they aren't even worth dissecting.

Kleenex.jpg

Posting cool story bro with a cartoon gif does not make any sense that it should not even be posted. There is absolutely nothing to dissect with that.

So again I'm telling all noobs with adhd, leave a thread clean that does not get you interested and don't post anything nonsense. You joined nov 2012 this year to make some stupid comments? Get the heck out of my thread.

Most of Cain's wins are by TKO where he uses his take-down as a setup. If a KO was to occur it would probably have to be a leg kick since it is critical for Cain to avoid a stand up boxing battle with JDS.

I really don't care who wins the fight, but do hope it is a really good fight unlike the first one.

I think Cain's best chance is to get JDS into the later rounds. I would love to see JDS try and defend the takedown when he is tired. If this fight goes to round 4, I give Cain the advantage. Actually, every round Cain gets through, I think his confidence will go up. The key will be if he can get out of the first 2 rounds.

I think Cain's best chance is to get JDS into the later rounds. I would love to see JDS try and defend the takedown when he is tired. If this fight goes to round 4, I give Cain the advantage. Actually, every round Cain gets through, I think his confidence will go up. The key will be if he can get out of the first 2 rounds.

Good points. I agree

If Cain gets past the first 2 rounds i think he has a solid chance at winning, i can see Cain getting a takedown and stay on top in the 4th round but by that time he is going to be a little tired so his punches are not going to be as powerful.

Watch the Kongo fight thats the only time Cain has gone 3 rounds and he looked a little tired in the post-fight interview plus JDS has a good chin so i think he will make Cain

Yes, he is very explosive in the first 2 rounds. It is interesting to see how can Cain wear out a guy with a great footwork though.

cro cop was past his prime ,just broke his ankle on wands head,entered new org with different rules and was unmotivated after winning OWGP. and worn out body after 90 + fights in both MMA,Boxing and K1
And gonzoga kicks like a horse.

On the other hand we have JDS who is hungry,motivated,PRime,Improving and wants to beat every record.

good comprasion man LOL

If Cain tries to strike with JDS, he's going to get knocked out AGAIN. Then, Sherdog's contingent of hardcore wrestling fans will claim it doesn't count because the wrestler didn't go for any TDs, AGAIN.

Surely I'm not the only person to notice this pattern. Fans of wrestlers overestimate how much the threat of the TD will change the striking dynamics, and they tell us all how the wrestler will beat the striker up on the feet. Then the wrestler gets laid out (like say, Rashad vs. Machida). Afterward, these same fans tell us that it doesn't count because the wrestler didn't stick to his gameplan. It gets annoying.

People usually use GSP as an example of how the threat of TDs makes a wrestler capable of damaging a striker on the feet. They don't realize that this is a terrible example for several reasons. GSP is lightning quick for his weight class. He has phenomenal footwork, and usually fights with a reach advantage. He is a kareteka first and foremost, so he's always had excellent kicks. In recent years, he's also developed some of the best hands in MMA. Here's my point: he's already a top 5 striker in his division! The threat of the TD helps him against guys like Condit, who are elite strikers, but only because he's already a top notch striker himself. GSP could outstrike Diaz without even needing to go to the ground.

cro cop was past his prime ,just broke his ankle on wands head,entered new org with different rules and was unmotivated after winning OWGP. and worn out body after 90 + fights in both MMA,Boxing and K1
And gonzoga kicks like a horse.

On the other hand we have JDS who is hungry,motivated,PRime,Improving and wants to beat every record.

good comprasion man LOL

Don't waste your time. A large percentage of Sherdog thinks Cro Cop was a 2nd tier fighter who only won because of weaker competition, fixed fights, and steroids in Pride. Let's just hope that people this stupid don't reproduce.

Because cain can get reckless and frequently drops his hands.

I like both fighters but until someone keeps JDS on his back for longer than 2 seconds, I don't see how people can confidently pick Cain.

JDS by KO rd 2

I think JDS will win by decision. Cain won't let himself get knocked out again.

Cains striking defense is terrible and he leaves himself open. Jack Slack did a great article on it.

The bloodied Carwin had him stunned in round 2 (if I'm not mistaken) and Carwin is not anywhere near technical as Cain. As long as he keeps that head movement going, the possibility of Cain surprising JDS with a KO combo is huge. JDS will be looking more to defend takedowns this time and that could give an opening for Cain. I got my cash on Cain :)

If Cain and Carwin fought a purely striking match, Carwin would have a very, very good chance of winning... brutally.

Back