Almost everyone is expecting Cain will get KO'ed again but...

The problem with Cain is that when he punches he is looking away and down from his opponent. Throwing blind combos can get you lucky but it also leaves you very vulnerable. He also got finished by a shot not even on the chin by Junior. I love Cain but I don't see this going well for him unless he catches a kick that Junior probably will not throw and holds JDS down which nobody has come close to doing.

The problem Cain faces is that JDS has shown a good chin good tdd and one punch power. Cain can't spam takedowns and pretty much has to engage on the feet to have a chance of getting it on the ground. Even if he is winning on the feet, JDS has the power to finish him and Cain has been hitable in the past.

Cain may not get KOd, but if he cannot get TDs throughout the fight and keep the fight on the ground then JDS is going to pick him apart standing.

cain is a beast, people are seriously acting like its going to be the same fight as last time. will be hilarious when he shows how this fight should of went. cain via tko round 4

Cain is being drastically undersold in this fight.

JDS deserves to be favored, but Cain can win the fight in vicious fashion.

People act like rematches never go different in MMA. Ask Shogun-Forrest, Chuck-Randy, Georges-Serra, etc etc.

Cain ending the fight on the feet is the least likely scenario, though. I see him working the fence and ground and pound to tire Cigano out for a third round TKO.

Agree, but also kinda surprised that people underestimate Cain's striking skills because he got 1 punched koed by JDS. :icon_conf

32024488.jpg

For the record, I think Cain has a very good chance of taking this one. It's a great, interesting fight. But I don't see it being a one-punch KO either way.

JDS has a solid jaw, Cain doesn't have the power required for this to be an intelligent prediction.

rewatching their last fight, cain looked extremely slow and telegraphed with his striking. i don't know if it was the rust, but he seemed very lethargic.

Cain could land the same combo he did on Big Nog and it wouldn't budge JDS. In a few years it wont be Hendo's chin anymore talked about anymore, it'll be JDS's.

Yes JDS boxing is superior than Cain's, and Cain got 1 punch KO'ed by JDS. But what if JDS gets KO'ed by Cain? JDS is the arguably best boxer in MMA but everybody seems to forget that Cain got some striking skills too..

I can't help but remember what happened to the once most feared kickboxer to enter MMA.

this one is painful to watch
gonzaga-crocop.gif

CC is supposed to be the better striker till he got a dose of his own medicine.

Logically I know Cain's gameplan is to take JDS down, control him on the ground then GnP him to death. But what if Cain KO JDS? Would you be surprised? Anyone giving Cain a chance?

south-park-loves-surfing.gif

Cool story, bro. Tell it again!

The only problem is that Cain still keeps his chin way too high especially when throwing his own punches. JDS isnt afraid to exchange punches as witnessed in many of his fights but the problem is that his punches are much more terrifying than his opponents.

Cool story, bro. Tell it again!

Sherdog is now known to be a place for mindless adolescent fans because of guys like you.. go get some brains. get the heck out of my thread.

Hunt, Nelson, and Reem all have a chance to KO JDS. Other than that, line em up and it'll be dirt naps.

(Possibly Cormier as well)

The only problem is that Cain still keeps his chin way too high especially when throwing his own punches. JDS isnt afraid to exchange punches as witnessed in many of his fights but the problem is that his punches are much more terrifying than his opponents.

The bloodied Carwin had him stunned in round 2 (if I'm not mistaken) and Carwin is not anywhere near technical as Cain. As long as he keeps that head movement going, the possibility of Cain surprising JDS with a KO combo is huge. JDS will be looking more to defend takedowns this time and that could give an opening for Cain. I got my cash on Cain :)

Sherdog is now known to be a place for mindless adolescent fans because of guys like you.. go get some brains. get the heck out of my thread.

The thrust of my post is that your initial arguments are so beyond the pale, that they aren't even worth dissecting.

Kleenex.jpg

Back