Almost broke my two arms

I been training BJJ for about 2 years in .. two highly respected schools.. uhh.. never had this done in either. :icon_neut

Maybe I'm the guy who missed double arm bar day? LOL.

the funniest is to do it to white belts when you mount them

I can't believe you have never been taught the double arm bar. That is like one of the first submissions I thought everyone was taught. It's like "SUBMISSIONS 101, Chapter 1, page 1. I don't even take BJJ and that was one of the first subs I learnend. It was literally the second sub I was taught at a BJJ seminar.

I don't know if there is an escape. If there is I have not seen nor learned it.
I'm really suprised you got caught in it. I've tried to throw it on a bunch of times and never could catch it.

Has anyone had any success with the double armbar? I know it really hurts when it is applied.

I got it on some guy in my last tourney. I wasnt going for it I had just jumped guard and was trying t climb up to a high guard and it was there staring me in the face so I lifted my hips let one arm loose (so he could tap) and got it for the first time I can remember.

Your first mistake was rolling with a big guy.

when guys outweigh you by a lot, there is a potential injury waiting to happen.

Nah. I love rolling with huge dudes. Makes rolling with guys my size seem so much easier. Just tap early if you get caught and noone should get injured.

Nah. I love rolling with huge dudes. Makes rolling with guys my size seem so much easier. Just tap early if you get caught and noone should get injured.

you haven't been rolling a long time. I've seen it so many times. For example, A friend of mine was rolling with a guy who outweighed him but 80-100 pounds. The big guy goes for a stack/leg on shoulder pass and my friend's rib pops (could have ben cartilage tear).

I was rolling with a big aggressive blue belt, he goes to pass, nearly tears shit up in my knee.

Both scenarios did not require a tap since there was no submission involved.

It might not have have happen to you yet but odds are against you that you'll get injured one day.

you haven't been rolling a long time. I've seen it so many times. For example, A friend of mine was rolling with a guy who outweighed him but 80-100 pounds. The big guy goes for a stack/leg on shoulder pass and my friend's rib pops (could have ben cartilage tear).

I was rolling with a big aggressive blue belt, he goes to pass, nearly tears shit up in my knee.

It might not have have happen to you yet but odds are against you that you'll get injured one day.

I have rolled with people up to 160 pounds more than me and never been injured by them. If the guys a dick and your 130 pounds then yeah I could see it happen but if the guy isnt being a spazz it shouldnt matter much. I will roll with anyone as long as they leave their ego at the door and dont do assh$%le stuff like neck cranks and repeated slamming ect.

I see where you are coming from and agree it is an increased likelyhood of getting injured if the guy is some 250 pound tank or whatever but as long as he is not a dick and you are both careful to not injure each other rolling together should be fine. JMO

Cheers!

It doesn't matter if the guy is trying to submit you or not, if your knee/rib is going to pop, tap anyway, it's just training.

A guy had me in a body triangle from the back and had me flattened out and was going for the choke and pulled my forehead up to try to get the choke and i had to tap right away due to the cranking force of my head being pulled up and my back being pushed down.

Back