Social Almost 10,000 migrants living under bridge in Del Rio

Lots of libertarian antisemites out there huh?
Well more on the right in general than specifically libertarian. ;)

I felt comfortable on the libertarian right for years until I realized that the nationalist-populists had taken over.

Well more on the right in general than specifically libertarian. ;)

I felt comfortable on the libertarian right for years until I realized that the nationalist-populists had taken over.
Weird because I'm a Jew and nobody has a problem with me except for unemployed skinheads on the right but I've talked to 0lenty of black people that hate jews.

I mean, you definitely can't let everyone in unvetted just because they're fleeing a shitty country, but an invasion seems a bit hyperbolic.

It is odd how huge waves of migrants seem to come all at once, but then again I have no expertise on the southern border. Is it specific events in their countries that cause huge waves of people to come to the border together, or is it a "they can't keep us all out" kind of thing?

They come together because they feel safer in numbers. Most people would do the same if their lives and family are in danger.

I lived in danger parts of Mexico and I don't blame anyone for doing what it takes to better their lives.

Last edited:
What difference does it make?

IMO, the difference would be that these migrants are at the border due to a natural disaster, which wouldn't indicate an ongoing problem. Obviously the border is a mess, but I would be a lot more concerned if 10,000 random people from Mexico just showed up all at once.

Seriously, I'd like to know what you think Biden is doing wrong and what you would do to fix it.

It would help if someone from the administration acknowledged the border crisis. It's just as bad as it was under the last administration and all we heard from the Democrats was how evil it was.

It would help if someone from the administration acknowledged the border crisis. It's just as bad as it was under the last administration and all we heard from the Democrats was how evil it was.
You miss understood what they thought was evil. They thought trying to control the border was the evil part.

IMO, the difference would be that these migrants are at the border due to a natural disaster, which wouldn't indicate an ongoing problem. Obviously the border is a mess, but I would be a lot more concerned if 10,000 random people from Mexico just showed up all at once.
Its a shitty hand to be dealt, but I still think they're economic migrants. Besides, these people should really stick around and try to build up their country instead of fleeing.

HOOOLLY crap thats a buncha low hanging fruit!!!
On the whole they're doing a mediocre job, Biden isn't an effective leader. Light years better than Trump, but not great.
Light years better than who??? Speak for yourself.

On the border his messaging is too weak.
Well... even that is downplaying it.
America is largely xenophobic and doesn't want brown people,
Speak for yourself!!!! And which country are you comparing "xenophobic" to? Which countries in the west are more accepting of brown people than the US?
Biden needs to deal with the racism Trump encouraged and grew.
huuuuh??? again... speak for yourself. Trump grew what? Just because he wanted a strict border? Just because he didn't want unvetted middle easterners just waltzing in?
Conservatives are the counter to borders that are too open and Biden needs to address their fears, even if he'll never go far enough for them.
whaaaaaat?? All conservatives want is that they come in LEGALLY. Is that so much to ask??
We just had four years of fairy tales of impenetrable walls and armies of brown racists; Biden used executive orders to dispel a lot of the nonsense Trump was "working on" but in a vacuum it's going to look bad even to reasonable Republicans.
This is too weird and confusing to reply to.

Put simply: A lot of Americans are concerned about border security and Biden isn't addressing those concerns. I prefer his methods but a lot of people won't, and Biden is just ignoring them.
This is a wafting softball way of saying Biden is being a total turd in the realm of border security.

Last edited:
Its a shitty hand to be dealt, but I still think they're economic migrants. Besides, these people should really stick around and try to build up their country instead of fleeing.
A few of my army buddies got sent there for the 2010 earthquake relief effort in Haiti. They said the buildings that are in Haiti were pretty much going to fall no matter what. Many buildings there had no foundation or reinforcing structural elements. Ever see someone build a structure out of a deck of cards? That's kinda how it was. Even the smallest earthquake would have done the same amount of damage.

Oh and add the fact that most of the workers/builders are underage slave kids. YES. Even in today's era parents sell their kids off as slaves in Haiti.

Last edited:
No one said it hasn't been happening way before covid. He was pointing out the blatant hypocrisy.

The government hypocrisy? Who would've thought.. you still have people on here believing politics lol.

Better cHeck under your bed for jews
_83645337_zionist2.png

30265-1wysc2m.jpg

I think that we would both probably leave that situation, so I can't blame them for doing the same. Their country sucks and gets hit by a huge natural disaster almost every year. They can't even keep hospitals open and their infrastructure crumbles every time an earthquake or hurricane hits.

I get your point though. It's not like we can just take in everyone from Haiti. It's a tough situation and I don't know the solution to it.

Back