Alloway vs Rodriguez, the ref

Nordicviking

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I thought the ref handled the situation with the low blow excellent. It took the ref 10-15 seconds to check with the guy watching the fight on a screen, who can control angles etc. More refs should do this during low blows where they are not 100% sure. Do you agree?

I agree, he definitely fucked up at first, but took the measures to correct his own mistake.
Good man, seemed inexperienced, but he kept his head in a tough situation and made the right call

I thought the ref handled the situation with the low blow excellent. It took the ref 10-15 seconds to check with the guy watching the fight on a screen, who can control angles etc. More refs should do this during low blows where they are not 100% sure. Do you agree?

Agreed. It was actually good reffing even though people are giving him crap. Nobody can see every low blow and you can't just take the guy's word for it; this was a good argument for instant replay.

he made the mistake at first, but did well to recognize and acknowledge what he had done and not let that mistake end the fight.

It was embarrassing that he didn't know what to do, but at least he made the right call in the end.

It was embarrassing that he didn't know what to do, but at least he made the right call in the end.

I think he did know what to do by the rule book

But he realised he'd made a mistake and used common sense rather than sticking to the direct rules

Great refereeing

Agreed. It was actually good reffing even though people are giving him crap. Nobody can see every low blow and you can't just take the guy's word for it; this was a good argument for instant replay.

Idk, the replay showed that he was in position. Hard for him to miss the low blow.

He did redeem himself by not burying the call though.

Idk, the replay showed that he was in position. Hard for him to miss the low blow.

He did redeem himself by not burying the call though.

The guy rotated his body as he was getting hit

The rotation meant that he turned his back to the referee

It could have easily seemed like a body shot to the ref

Back