Allen Crowder: I proved ‘inexperienced’ Greg Hardy doesn’t belong in UFC yet

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Greg Hardy’s official Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) debut proved to be less-than-stellar after the former NFL defensive end was disqualified for landing an illegal knee on Allen Crowder last Saturday night (Jan. 19, 2019) at UFC on ESPN+ 1 in Brooklyn, New York.

Afterward, the critics came out of the woodwork, slamming Hardy for the blow that ultimately forced the referee to put an end to the fight. Unfortunately for “The Prince of War,” it’s another black cloud over his head, as most weren’t giving him the benefit of the doubt due to his troubled past. Crowder, though, doesn’t believe the knee was intentional and blames the rookie mistake on lack of experience.

“I don’t think he was looking for a way out; I think it was more inexperience. He’s not been doing this very long. He stepped out to the side and I believe in his mind … I knew he knew he’s not allowed to throw that knee on the ground, but in the heat of the moment he forgot for a split second, threw the knee to get the finish,” he said on The MMA Hour.

“He made a mistake, another mistake of many mistakes. I don’t think he was trying to cop out, he’s a tough dude. It was just an inexperience type thing.”

Despite getting the win – the first of his UFC career – Crowder says it doesn’t feel as such. He did, however, accomplish one of his goals by proving that Hardy simply isn’t ready for the big stage.

“I wanted to show that he wasn’t ready for the UFC yet. You know what I mean? I feel like I’ve done that. I feel like I showed he wasn’t experienced, showed that he still has some work to do on the ground. He’s a strong guy, he got back up, most people I get on the ground they don’t get back up,” he added.

“I suffered a knee injury 12 weeks out, had a second degree tear on my MCL so I didn’t get to work on my ground game how I wanted to until that last couple of weeks. It is what it is. But, I feel like I got a lot, it got my name out there and a lot of people know who I am now. That feels really good, my Instagram has skyrocketed, 1000 followers in the last day. I think it’s going to set me up for a better future, for sure.”

While Crowder believes Hardy has the potential to become a great fighter with another five or six bouts under his belt, UFC President Dana White disagrees, saying that Greg is already a good fighter who will in fact get another shot inside the Octagon. (Great :rolleyes:)

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/22/...regy-hardy-inexperience-doesnt-belong-ufc-mma

They’re both jabroni’s. The fact they were in their lofty position as co-main on a well-publicised card was embarrassing.

The old UFC slogan, ‘As Real as it Gets’ takes a backseat when these two are involved, in favour of the more apt, ‘As Sloppy as it Gets’.

Greg Hardy’s official Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) debut proved to be less-than-stellar after the former NFL defensive end was disqualified for landing an illegal knee on Allen Crowder last Saturday night (Jan. 19, 2019) at UFC on ESPN+ 1 in Brooklyn, New York.

Afterward, the critics came out of the woodwork, slamming Hardy for the blow that ultimately forced the referee to put an end to the fight. Unfortunately for “The Prince of War,” it’s another black cloud over his head, as most weren’t giving him the benefit of the doubt due to his troubled past. Crowder, though, doesn’t believe the knee was intentional and blames the rookie mistake on lack of experience.

Despite getting the win – the first of his UFC career – Crowder says it doesn’t feel as such. He did, however, accomplish one of his goals by proving that Hardy simply isn’t ready for the big stage.

While Crowder believes Hardy has the potential to become a great fighter with another five or six bouts under his belt, UFC President Dana White disagrees, saying that Greg is already a good fighter who will in fact get another shot inside the Octagon. (Great :rolleyes:)

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/22/...regy-hardy-inexperience-doesnt-belong-ufc-mma

I have a feeling that Crowder is going to get Mike Jackson treatment and we will never see him again in an octagon

Neither of these goofballs belong in the UFC. That shit was high anus. Killed my buzz on Saturday night actually. I still think Hardy takes the rematch against Crowder's sister though.

Why was that the co-main event again??

Neither of these goofballs belong in the UFC. That shit was high anus. Killed my buzz on Saturday night actually. I still think Hardy takes the rematch against Crowder's sister though.

<[analyzed}>

UFC President Dana White disagrees, saying that Greg is already a good fighter who will in fact get another shot inside the Octagon.
68403707-1979-4238-8504-03fa67047342.gif

He's just angling for a rematch. The fight is really more exposure for Crowder.

Next fight they'll find someone even less qualified, like a part time reporter...

They both didn't looked too good in my opinion
Right, Hardy looked bad because he is no fighter and was brought in as a spectacle to sell tickets, and the bum they brought in to be his fodder looked bad because- well... for obvious reasons.

Dana wants to be able to say, "Yeah we have NFL stars, we have the best athletes in the world in the UFC," but at what cost? That fight as the lead up to the main event really looked pathetic.

"That feels really good, my Instagram has skyrocketed, 1000 followers in the last day. "

Surely not 1000

<{Joewithit}>

Crowder won that fight in a fashion that reenacted a domestic violence scene with him as the victim against Hardy.

Might have not been the win he wanted but he won for Rachel.

Just like this guy here right? Theres a reason why he is ducking his real weight class
giphy.gif

I remember when some people called him an ugly steroid abuser ... funny how times have changed lolol

Allen crowder officially an A level athlete

Back