Alleged Former Warner Bros. Employee Slams CEO, Zack Snyder, DCEU, Wonder Woman

This open letter is fairly inarticulate. There is no universally accepted objective standard used to judge art. Whether you like MoS or BvS is a matter of personal taste. But what this guy is trying to say, and I happen to agree with, is that it's pretty fucked up to punish the people who had the least to do with the creative direction of a film when it fails at the box office.

Jupiter Ascending bombed. Another financial failure in the list of films helmed by the Wachowskis. So why are other people being laid off when clearly it's the Wachowskis who are failing to deliver?

Regardless of your personal feelings for the recent DC films, unless you're an accountant at WB, you have no idea how well these films did for the studio. But, if they are unsuccessful, why are you not firing Snyder who commands a hefty salary? Why are you laying off the people who make a fraction of what celebrity actors and directors make and are as responsible for the creative direction of a film franchise as I am?

That being said, this is the nature of the game in Hollywood. Everyone knows their role and their value. Those unfortunate souls who got laid off at WB knew the rules.

As for this anonymous open letter writer, it's pretty clear he/she wasn't a screenwriter.

Alleged Former Warner Bros. Employee Slams CEO, Zack Snyder and the DCEU

An open letter posted on Pajiba (via CBM) written by an alleged former Warner Bros. employee slams studio CEO Kevin Tsujihara, director Zack Snyder and the whole DC Extended Universe. The author also claims that people on the inside are saying the upcoming Wonder Woman movie is a "another mess." Below are some excerpts from the open letter:

"When I left my screening of Suicide Squad last week, I was angry. I thought this trainwreck of a movie did a major disservice to the characters, concept, cast, and crew. Yes, it is unfathomable to me that Warner Bros could mess up a movie starring Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and The Joker so completely. But that just had me flummoxed. I was angry because I couldn't stop thinking about you, Kevin Tsujihara."

maxresdefault.jpg

"I wrote this letter last year. I actually started forming it in my head after Man of Steel was a box office failure instead of the modern classic tentpole you were expecting."

"I kept holding off on doing anything with it because of one title: Suicide Squad. Zack Snyder'sDawn of Justice was a fiasco, but here comes this plucky little dark adventure about antiheroes. I love David Ayer. I love Harley Quinn. I love Will Smith. Put the letter in a drawer. The ship isn't sinking anymore. Everything is fine. There's no way this movie is bad."

"And here we are. I got back from my screening and dusted this sucker off. You, your executive team, and the vision of your 'extraordinary storytellers' that resulted in the loss of around one thousand jobs seem intent on crashing the ship into as much shit as you can find in the ocean by making inane decisions over and over again."

"Zack Snyder is not delivering. Is he being punished? Assistants who were doing fantastic work certainly were. People in finance and in marketing and in IT. They had no say in a movie called Batman V Superman only having 8 minutes of Batman fighting Superman in it, that ends because their moms have the same name. Snyder is a producer on every DC movie. He is still directing Justice League. He is being rewarded with more opportunity to get more people laid off. I'm assuming you yourself haven't been financially affected in any real way. You and your studio are the biggest lesson about life one can learn: The top screws up and the bottom suffers. Peter Jackson phones it in and a marketing supervisor has to figure out a plan B for house payments."

Batman-V-Superman-set-Zack-Snyder-Henry-Cavill1.jpg

"Your uneven Hall H presentation at Comic Con this year was a ridiculous mess that ranged from rushed to boring. When Marvel announced their full slate of films with a fun fan event several years ago, you announced yours on a shareholder conference call."

"You just don't get it. And it's not just DC movies, it's your whole slate. Jupiter Ascending. Get Hard. Hot Pursuit. Max. Vacation. Pan. Point Break. Fucking PAN, you jerk. People lost their jobs and you decided Pan was a good idea. You think another Jungle Book is a good idea."

"What are you even doing? I wish to God you were forced to live out of a car until you made a #1 movie of the year. Maybe Wonder Woman wouldn't be such a mess. Don't try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it's another mess. It is almost impressive how you keep rewarding the same producers and executives for making the same mistakes, over and over."

3EE.jpg
ly8G39g1ujpNm.gif

Not Wonder Woman too...I hope there's a secret Gal Gadot sex tape that gets "leaked" to generate buzz for the movie.

I was really pumped for Wonder Woman, but I was watching the trailer before Suicide Squad and I realized that WW is fighting soldiers hand to hand instead of just running through them.

tumblr_oasubuIeyR1uvcgjlo2_500.gif

tumblr_o19lvpsnci1udwsc5o1_500.gif

Meanwhile, in Gotham 2016...

tumblr_nrfvy8fmBl1rlrnhpo3_1280.gif

Still have hopes that the WW movie slays.

I liked the way the WW movie looked but I'm really let down by her fighting WW2 soldiers or whatever war that is. They did the same with Captain America and it was boring as fuck. Unless my GF is harassing me about going to the movie that weekend I'll be waiting for the bluray.

I just wanted to post that man of steel was decent when I watched it

Yea I liked MOS. I liked the darker nature of the story and everything. Even rewatched it not to long ago. Best superman movie IMO.

I thought we were over this.

People need to stop talking shit about Zack Snyder already wtf.

His resume is solid. 300 is a great movie, he's such a comic book fan he went and directed Watchmen solely to prevent it from being another Suicide Squad (which IS what would've happened). Man of Steel is another good movie and the director's cut of BvS CLEARLY exposed how thoroughly Warner Bros. sabotaged the theatrical release.

Damn this guy really can't get a break.
I kind of agree with your other points but Man of Steel was the most dull superhero movie of all time

dude knows whats up and he has balls, thats why he lost his job, the studios only accept prison bitches, suck ups and bended over yes men

I liked the way the WW movie looked but I'm really let down by her fighting WW2 soldiers or whatever war that is. They did the same with Captain America and it was boring as fuck. Unless my GF is harassing me about going to the movie that weekend I'll be waiting for the bluray.

The difference is, Cap is a Peak Human; he's the ultimate in human potential in terms of strength, speed, endurance etc. It makes sense for him to be fighting other soldiers. He's good, but he's not so over-powered that highly trained soldiers don't pose a threat to him.

Wonder Woman is off the charts in terms of strength and durability. She's a female version of Superman, with the added bonus of not being effected by Kryptonite. Doomsday hit her with a good shot and all it did was turn her on. Wonder Woman would walk through a whole regiment of German soldiers without breaking a sweat.

At least Cap beating a bunch of soldiers is impressive, because he's barely superhuman.
WW is nearly as powerful as Superman.

Zack Snyder is a fucking hack.

I agree. 300 sucked and Watchmen was boring. Batman vs superman was boring as hell and made no sense.

"I hate superman cause... he fought a giant robot, saving us but making a mess, oh wait our mom's have the same name I like him."

Now DC thinks serious is bad. No, shit movies are bad.

dude knows whats up and he has balls, thats why he lost his job, the studios only accept prison bitches, suck ups and bended over yes men

Nah, this is not true, this guy are most likely a nobody

I liked MOS, but too many times I was like, "wait...what?!" Like when Jor El, a "genetically engineered" scientist, was kicking all the "genetically engineered" warriors with his fists. And how everyone knew he had these super powers, but Pa Kent was all like, "no son, let me die." And how emo Clark wouldn't fight that guy, but impaled his car. And like when Jor El was all opening doors and telling the future as a hologram.

Action was off the hook, though.
I agree with most of this.

Costner telling him to let him die was the second dumbest shit ever. Even dumber was Clark actually listening to him. Literally everyone in Smallville knows that Clark is some super man anyway.

It's the worst kept secret.

Hedlund was my choice for Johnny Storm
I know where you're going with this; Hedlund's got that good maverick/rebel quality about him that was present in T2ON, which was pushed to villainous level in DEATH SENTENCE. He could definitely play Johnny's edgier side, but I'm not sure he's got the chops where he can come back from the dark side, so to speak. It's harder to like him than it is to like hating him.

He's steady following this guy's path:

holt-mccallany-as-lights.jpg

After my second viewing of BVS I'm mad I paid for it.

It was like 3 movies and a car full of executives crashed at a four-way intersection, and the result was what they could piece back together.

It had no coherent flow. Each scene felt like the start of a new story, or a random jump into one. One second it's Batman and an older Robert Downey Jr in the batcave, then we're having some undefined hearing that seems beyond pointless by the end. Add in daily planet scenes mixed with some retrieval of kryptonite that I still don't understand.... just a mess.

Half the movie seemed like it had no bearing on the story, the other half seemed to be missing the necessary parts that fit it into the story.

I also couldn't take Affleck as Batman. Maybe if he spent more time masked early it wouldn't have been so jarring. But by the time he suits up, all I could see was Ben Affleck dressed as Batman, not Bruce Wayne suiting up. The action scenes weren't good enough to make up for that.

I've always found WonderWoman stupid so I'm not gonna pretend it was how they did her that made me not like her. I just think it's a dumb character. Definitely seemed like she could have cared more about a fight that's destroying a city though.

Jesse Eisenberg was exactly what I expected. Baaaaaaaad. Like there was no director bad. That casting alone should result in Snyder losing his job.

But the worst part by far for me was the "secret files" that had fucking LOGOS for each character. That took me out of the movie more than anything. They could've cut to a Warner executive in a chair saying "give me money please" and I would've liked it more.

I was drinking and with company the first time I saw it. I knew it affected how I judged it, but I musta been shitfaced. I've never downgraded a movie this much after seeing it a second time.

I never saw the theatrical BvS, just the Ultimate Edition and despite being highly critical of movies I thought it was pretty good... Albeit there were definitely some stupid ideas still left in.

Good article. I'm inclined to agree. The main article is probably something phony.

That said, the people at WB have been making some crazy decisions with their products, and it is really unfortunate that a lot of people got laid off over there, while the people making the bad movies get rewarded. So "gracie law" has a point in that regard.

Back