Alleged Former Warner Bros. Employee Slams CEO, Zack Snyder, DCEU, Wonder Woman

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Alleged Former Warner Bros. Employee Slams CEO, Zack Snyder and the DCEU

An open letter posted on Pajiba (via CBM) written by an alleged former Warner Bros. employee slams studio CEO Kevin Tsujihara, director Zack Snyder and the whole DC Extended Universe. The author also claims that people on the inside are saying the upcoming Wonder Woman movie is a "another mess." Below are some excerpts from the open letter:

"When I left my screening of Suicide Squad last week, I was angry. I thought this trainwreck of a movie did a major disservice to the characters, concept, cast, and crew. Yes, it is unfathomable to me that Warner Bros could mess up a movie starring Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and The Joker so completely. But that just had me flummoxed. I was angry because I couldn't stop thinking about you, Kevin Tsujihara."

maxresdefault.jpg

"I wrote this letter last year. I actually started forming it in my head after Man of Steel was a box office failure instead of the modern classic tentpole you were expecting."

"I kept holding off on doing anything with it because of one title: Suicide Squad. Zack Snyder'sDawn of Justice was a fiasco, but here comes this plucky little dark adventure about antiheroes. I love David Ayer. I love Harley Quinn. I love Will Smith. Put the letter in a drawer. The ship isn't sinking anymore. Everything is fine. There's no way this movie is bad."

"And here we are. I got back from my screening and dusted this sucker off. You, your executive team, and the vision of your 'extraordinary storytellers' that resulted in the loss of around one thousand jobs seem intent on crashing the ship into as much shit as you can find in the ocean by making inane decisions over and over again."

"Zack Snyder is not delivering. Is he being punished? Assistants who were doing fantastic work certainly were. People in finance and in marketing and in IT. They had no say in a movie called Batman V Superman only having 8 minutes of Batman fighting Superman in it, that ends because their moms have the same name. Snyder is a producer on every DC movie. He is still directing Justice League. He is being rewarded with more opportunity to get more people laid off. I'm assuming you yourself haven't been financially affected in any real way. You and your studio are the biggest lesson about life one can learn: The top screws up and the bottom suffers. Peter Jackson phones it in and a marketing supervisor has to figure out a plan B for house payments."

Batman-V-Superman-set-Zack-Snyder-Henry-Cavill1.jpg

"Your uneven Hall H presentation at Comic Con this year was a ridiculous mess that ranged from rushed to boring. When Marvel announced their full slate of films with a fun fan event several years ago, you announced yours on a shareholder conference call."

"You just don't get it. And it's not just DC movies, it's your whole slate. Jupiter Ascending. Get Hard. Hot Pursuit. Max. Vacation. Pan. Point Break. Fucking PAN, you jerk. People lost their jobs and you decided Pan was a good idea. You think another Jungle Book is a good idea."

"What are you even doing? I wish to God you were forced to live out of a car until you made a #1 movie of the year. Maybe Wonder Woman wouldn't be such a mess. Don't try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it's another mess. It is almost impressive how you keep rewarding the same producers and executives for making the same mistakes, over and over."

3EE.jpg

Somebody get this man his own movie studio. He's clearly emotionally invested in the product (not just profit) and is not blind to DC's fuckups.

I thought we were over this.

People need to stop talking shit about Zack Snyder already wtf.

His resume is solid. 300 is a great movie, he's such a comic book fan he went and directed Watchmen solely to prevent it from being another Suicide Squad (which IS what would've happened). Man of Steel is another good movie and the director's cut of BvS CLEARLY exposed how thoroughly Warner Bros. sabotaged the theatrical release.

Damn this guy really can't get a break.

This might be the blue lantern in me speaking, but I think there's still hope for DC/WB. Skwad is doing pretty good at the BO despite the RT massacre. That could ease of the pressure of WW a tiny bit and not send WB into panic mode reshoots just months before the movies release. I think the real pressure of this "shared universe" will be felt in JL. It's the culmination of this rushed first phase and has Snyder doing his Snyderian magic so altough the trailer looks dope as fuck I think it will never deliver the goods.

His resume is solid. 300 is a great movie, he's such a comic book fan he went and directed Watchmen solely to prevent it from being another Suicide Squad (which IS what would've happened). Man of Steel is another good movie and the director's cut of BvS CLEARLY exposed how thoroughly Warner Bros. sabotaged the theatrical release.

Yes and no.Directors cut was better than the original, but it was still flawed. For me the problem isn't that Zach can't into movies, it's that he's perhaps grasping out of his reach. He has interesting ideas and concepts in his DC movies that would be great but he doesn't have the artistic freedom nor does he have the desired knack needed for executing it properly.

I loved the shit out of 300 and really enjoyed Sucker Punch but him having him have a "carte blanche" approach to these movies is a bad idea because sooner or later he starts pulling shit out of his ass and we end up with Eisenberg Luthor and "MARTHA!?". His DC vision needs someone who can chanel it properly and pray the studio doesn't piss in the stew after everything gets done.

Last edited:
7 directors turned down MoS before Snyder got the call and he stepped up. The reason those directors turned it down is because they knew that Superman is a difficult character to get right and he is so iconic that there would likely be backlash from fans no matter what.

It was WBs idea for the DCEU to be darker/more serious tone, at least Snyder had the balls to take on the project and make a darker Superman movie, nobody else wanted to go near the project. Thats why he's being rewarded by WB, if he didn't step up and give it a shot the movie would likely never been made or delayed for years.

And I for one am glad that he did step up, I like the DCEU. The only thing that I don't like is the studio meddling with BvS cut and Suicide Squad.

I like that the DC movies are so shitty that people are now "alleged" to be former Warner Bros. employees.

I respect Snyder for 300 and Watchmen, however those were materials perfect for a movie, it isn't like he adapted Ant-man or Guardians of the Galaxy. Sucker Punch sucked major balls, and Man of Steel was a huge letdown. IMHO, he just doesn't have the taste and creative vision good directors have.

he starts pulling shit out of his ass and we end up with Eisenberg Luthor and "MARTHA!?".
Wrong.

That was not Snyder.

Chris Terrio wrote the script and W.B. forced the Eisenberg Luthor.

Let's not be stupid. The studio clearly wanted a younger Lex. We all know full goddamn well every single director in the world would've gone with Bryan Cranston as Luthor full stop but that wasn't fitting with the Lex Jr. mandated by the script.

Damn this guy really can't get a break.

I've heard people say the directors cut makes the movie better. But it only adds stuff right? Does it remove any of the ridiculous shit in the movie?

Wrong.

That was not Snyder.

Let's not be stupid. The studio clearly wanted a younger Lex. We all know full goddamn well every single director in the world would've gone with Bryan Cranston as Luthor full stop but that wasn't fitting with the Lex Jr. mandated by the script.

The problem wasn't the age of Lex or the actor they cast, it was the awful characterization with no motivation or reasoning for anything he did.

If they had Cranston sticking a jolly rancher in some dudes mouth it would be equally ridiculous. Both the script writer and Snyder are at fault for what er got.

Like I said this is what happens when bean counters make the final call on things creative wise.

The upper office brass are sticking to their plan.

Alleged Former Warner Bros. Employee Slams CEO, Zack Snyder and the DCEU

An open letter posted on Pajiba (via CBM) written by an alleged former Warner Bros. employee slams studio CEO Kevin Tsujihara, director Zack Snyder and the whole DC Extended Universe. The author also claims that people on the inside are saying the upcoming Wonder Woman movie is a "another mess." Below are some excerpts from the open letter:

"When I left my screening of Suicide Squad last week, I was angry. I thought this trainwreck of a movie did a major disservice to the characters, concept, cast, and crew. Yes, it is unfathomable to me that Warner Bros could mess up a movie starring Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and The Joker so completely. But that just had me flummoxed. I was angry because I couldn't stop thinking about you, Kevin Tsujihara."

maxresdefault.jpg

"I wrote this letter last year. I actually started forming it in my head after Man of Steel was a box office failure instead of the modern classic tentpole you were expecting."

"I kept holding off on doing anything with it because of one title: Suicide Squad. Zack Snyder'sDawn of Justice was a fiasco, but here comes this plucky little dark adventure about antiheroes. I love David Ayer. I love Harley Quinn. I love Will Smith. Put the letter in a drawer. The ship isn't sinking anymore. Everything is fine. There's no way this movie is bad."

"And here we are. I got back from my screening and dusted this sucker off. You, your executive team, and the vision of your 'extraordinary storytellers' that resulted in the loss of around one thousand jobs seem intent on crashing the ship into as much shit as you can find in the ocean by making inane decisions over and over again."

"Zack Snyder is not delivering. Is he being punished? Assistants who were doing fantastic work certainly were. People in finance and in marketing and in IT. They had no say in a movie called Batman V Superman only having 8 minutes of Batman fighting Superman in it, that ends because their moms have the same name. Snyder is a producer on every DC movie. He is still directing Justice League. He is being rewarded with more opportunity to get more people laid off. I'm assuming you yourself haven't been financially affected in any real way. You and your studio are the biggest lesson about life one can learn: The top screws up and the bottom suffers. Peter Jackson phones it in and a marketing supervisor has to figure out a plan B for house payments."

Batman-V-Superman-set-Zack-Snyder-Henry-Cavill1.jpg

"Your uneven Hall H presentation at Comic Con this year was a ridiculous mess that ranged from rushed to boring. When Marvel announced their full slate of films with a fun fan event several years ago, you announced yours on a shareholder conference call."

"You just don't get it. And it's not just DC movies, it's your whole slate. Jupiter Ascending. Get Hard. Hot Pursuit. Max. Vacation. Pan. Point Break. Fucking PAN, you jerk. People lost their jobs and you decided Pan was a good idea. You think another Jungle Book is a good idea."

"What are you even doing? I wish to God you were forced to live out of a car until you made a #1 movie of the year. Maybe Wonder Woman wouldn't be such a mess. Don't try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it's another mess. It is almost impressive how you keep rewarding the same producers and executives for making the same mistakes, over and over."

3EE.jpg
<mma4>

I agree with most of it but I honestly thought Man of Steel rocked. Great movie, don't see the problem at all. Great casting, plot, effects, everything. Perhaps some hardcore comic geeks (as usual) are clutching to hard to the magazines under their bed or something. Batman vs Superman was a pretty big fuck up though, it felt like they intentionally fucked it up lol.

Wrong.

That was not Snyder.

How do you know these things? Are you assuming or have you read them?

I've read that the Lex Jr bit was added in reboots because fans weren't happy

@Dragonlordxxxxx Do you think this ex employee is just having a bad case of sour grapes or is there some foundation to the claim that WW is a mess?

damn, he has a point with this bad slew of movies, someone with that track record should get fired...also another jungle book is such a horrendous idea its doomed for failure even if the movie is good just because we just had a successful rendition of it, its going to be hard to convince viewers to watch another one so soon, i just don't understand the idea of putting money into a project where people have to work hard on knowing it won't be a success, its just stubbornness and ego, why not take the talent, money and time and do something else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back