All You Open Carry People Keep Doing What Your Doing NRA Is In A Panic!

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by PEB, Jun 3, 2014.

1. PEB

PEB Atomic Butt Drop Champ :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI3M6pYIQOc

The NRA is back peddling after blow back from family members of board members. I guess these million dollar a year NRA board members don't want gun owners carrying their guns into Saks fifth avenue, Neiman Marcus or Tiffany's while their wives shop. :) They called it "Weird' And 'Scary'" great stuff. Now they are running hard backwards apologizing for the commits. I guess their wives have to get used to bushmaster rifle carrying people walking through the woman's clothing departments. They say in some areas as many as 100 people or more carrying rifles in stores. They said it would be one thing if 2 or 3 people where walking around but over 100 people? The NRA made their bed now they have to sleep in it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/03/nra-open-carry-protest_n_5441189.html

2. Northern

Northern Orange Belt

We have a pretty good discussion going in the gun rights thread, about this same topic. In this case, I believe the 2nd amendment activists are hurting their own cause and it's creating a negative association in regards to open carry and gun rights in general.

3. Shartnado

Shartnado Yellow Belt

All your English class language skills your teacher is in a panic

4. PEB

PEB Atomic Butt Drop Champ :)

Give it a rest I spend like 10 seconds to make this post! Its not like I feel I need to write an essay on the NRA to be graded on Sherdog.

5. Juventud

Juventud Black Belt

Saw clips of douchebags with assault riffles eating at Sonic/Chipotle.

Yeah nice one idiots. You're really showing the people.
    Meanwhile you're scaring the shit out of the kids there.

Bunch of rednecks. "Her Der LoOks I gOtS A GuN!!!"

6. Just a username

Just a username Black Belt

[​IMG]

7. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama Idol of Millions Platinum Member

I figured open carry folks carried pistols. These retards with their rifles are just looking for attention.

8. Edison Carasio

Edison Carasio Excellence of execution belt Platinum Member

What if someone sees these people walk into a store or mall with open carry rifles, assumes they are about to commit some sort of attack and pulls THEIR own piece out and blasts these people? Then the pro-gun nuts end up in shoot outs with each other assuming the other "is a bad guy" since the "only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".

9. The Judas Pig

The Judas Pig Black Belt

I don't get involved in the US gun rights debates as I'm English so I don't know the ins and outs of the whole thing. That said if I walked into a restaurant and there was a bunch of dudes with assault rifles then I'd leave and never go back. It's totally disrespectful imo, especially when there are families dining there.

As another poster said, they're probably just attention seeking idiots.

Edit: I'm not against gun ownership as I have a firearms license myself and own a rifle and a shotgun.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  10. superking

superking Poet — Traveler — Soldier of Fortune

Open carry on foot is legal in Pennsylvania without a license, never have I once seen someone carrying their rifle during their daily routine though. Seems like every fourth person has their pistol on their hip, it's just more practical.

I don't open carry, strictly a concealed carry guy. While I can sympathize with the spirit of their message, I reject the idea of open carrying a rifle on practicality.

11. irish_thug

irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

I am a gun enthusiast, I see no point in this.

12. Stoic1

Stoic1 Patriot

With another 10 seconds you could have seen there is already another discussion going on it. Plenty of 2A supporter dissent in there for you to feed and gloat on.

13. jackietreehorn8

jackietreehorn8 fine

I figure these guys are like the equivalent of the bums and crackheads that showed up at the Occupy events, and that Fox News would seek out and interview as representatives for the whole movement. Not really fair.

Every issue his it's fringe people that don't represent what the issue is really about. Just as sane Occupy supporters wanted to distance themselves from people who showed up just to get their Obamaphones or advocate anarchism, sane gun rights activists mostly want to distance themselves from these guys.

14. Farmer Br0wn

Farmer Br0wn Farmer Br0wn belt

It's currently illegal to open carry a pistol in Texas. Hence the protests we are seeing.

15. RIPWarrior

RIPWarrior Banned Banned

I posted this in the other thread

I'm curious, would you change your minds if they were off duty soldiers?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. RIPWarrior

RIPWarrior Banned Banned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why isn

17. Chesten_Hesten

Chesten_Hesten The Wiener of Steel

Huffington post sucks balls, they're trying their best to sensationalize a perceived riff.

Yes it is legal to carry long guns out in the open in Texas, not so with pistols.

As a lifetime member of both the NRA and the TSRA, (Texas edition of the NRA) These types of demonstrations, (the in your face types) remind me of the stupid ass liberal protests with worthless filthy hippies and general dirt bags.

If the NRA was critical of the way it was carried out, they were right. Everyone wants to be an asshole these days, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

NRA board members don't get paid millions. As far as I'm aware, they don't get paid anything. The vast majority of NRA member loot goes towards training, teaching and the like.

18. jackietreehorn8

jackietreehorn8 fine

19. tkotom

tkotom Fedor belt

Talk about moronic.

Isn't it uncomfortable carrying that thing anyway.. those are large weapons.
    A handgun would be a lot more efficient.

Attention seeking losers.

20. Farmer Br0wn

Farmer Br0wn Farmer Br0wn belt

It is currently illegal to open carry a pistol in Texas. Hence why they are open carrying rifles, as a form of protest. They are actually fighting for their basic rights.