All you need to know about Kicking

I would expect someone who has some high level of training to post intelligently, which he did not.

But as someone said previously- I'm totally gonna take the advice of a random poster online over my coaches who have been kicking longer than the TS has been alive possibly.

guys...am just trying to help u with all i know..i have been training for 6 years now..and white belt on sherdog doesnt mean he have to be all noob..i just dont post alot

this should be in the stickys

yea..it would be helpful, because many people ask the question "how to make their kicks more powerful"..so instead of everyone posting many threads..this should be the answer...i guess soo

well..i guess this isnt a retarded thread...many people really keep asking how to increase the kicking power..so instead of million thread..i answered all of their questions at once

No this isnt a retarded TOPIC but your thread isnt that great.

Your intentions were nice but your content/synopsis left much to be desired. You didnt really answer any questions.
Everyone knows that technique/training/excercise/flexibility/strength are the major players but there was not enough detail or intelligent insights in that wall of text.

It seems you typed in so much fluff that you got bored/annoyed with it and just hurried through the important bits.

You also have to remember that there is no definite way to answer ALL questions. Different people have different reasons why they are lagging with their kicks. That is why most people post and we then ask for more detail to help them.
Something i might say may not click with that guy but the same thing said a different way by say, Sinister, might.
Thats why you have a 'million' threads on one topic.

I wouldnt have it any other way.

No this isnt a retarded TOPIC but your thread isnt that great.

Your intentions were nice but your content/synopsis left much to be desired. You didnt really answer any questions.
Everyone knows that technique/training/excercise/flexibility/strength are the major players but there was not enough detail or intelligent insights in that wall of text.

It seems you typed in so much fluff that you got bored/annoyed with it and just hurried through the important bits.

You also have to remember that there is no definite way to answer ALL questions. Different people have different reasons why they are lagging with their kicks. That is why most people post and we then ask for more detail to help them.
Something i might say may not click with that guy but the same thing said a different way by say, Sinister, might.
Thats why you have a 'million' threads on one topic.

I wouldnt have it any other way.

thats why i said in the thread if i didnt answer someone's question..tell me it and i will search it up or tell u the answer if i know it..that covers most of the questions i guess

thats why i said in the thread if i didnt answer someone's question..tell me it and i will search it up or tell u the answer if i know it..that covers most of the questions i guess

well u started the thread to end all questions with your starting post ...no ?

plus why would anyone specifically ask you that. You havent built up much credibility yet (whitebelt) and you are not a pro fighter/coach as far as we know.
Your sig says you've had 3 'fights' but they are all in BJJ, and you state they are 'unofficial' ...........what does that even mean ? Either a fight is official or its just sparring/streetfights which carry no weight here.

if somebody did have a question they will most likely start a thread and invite everybody's opinion , paying special attention to those known to have better qualifications.

Im not saying this to be a prick but just letting you know how it is.

well u started the thread to end all questions with your starting post ...no ?

plus why would anyone specifically ask you that. You havent built up much credibility yet (whitebelt) and you are not a pro fighter/coach as far as we know.
Your sig says you've had 3 'fights' but they are all in BJJ, and you state they are 'unofficial' ...........what does that even mean ? Either a fight is official or its just sparring/streetfights which carry no weight here.

if somebody did have a question they will most likely start a thread and invite everybody's opinion , paying special attention to those known to have better qualifications.

Im not saying this to be a prick but just letting you know how it is.

well..i started a thread questioning the same question once..no one answered but all said "read the FAQ" and the FAQ didnt help...so i am making this thread for the people in my position

well..i started a thread questioning the same question once..no one answered but all said "read the FAQ" and the FAQ didnt help...so i am making this thread for the people in my position

So you're saying that you dont know much about it either but are writing a thread about it anyway ?

:icon_neut

Unless u made some improvements since then but how are we to know that ?

just let it be.

many people was asking and making threads on "i need to increase my kicking power"..i was one of them..

Wasn't that literally just two days ago?

so i thought that now i know..

These must have been two really educational days for you.

i wanna help everyone thats now in my old position which doesnt know how to kick stronger..

Everyone who is where you were two days ago?

i guess this is the only not annoying thing i did on this forum until now.

Don't worry, this thread has epic potential.

Wasn't that literally just two days ago?

These must have been two really educational days for you.

Everyone who is where you were two days ago?

Don't worry, this thread has epic potential.

i wasnt relaying on sherdog only...i open many resources to help my self fast,why everyone doesnt appreciate the help am trying to give u? thats all i have of info..

most of the people who posted on this thread are dick's.this guy is trying to help people who want to learn how to kick stronger.

I can see he's trying to help - too bad it doesn't.

It's one thing to try and learn a technique just from watching a skilled martial arts practitioner of many years. It's another to read something off the internet from some guy.

For example, what do you think of what I have to say?

If you want speed, you have to learn the simplest, fewest movements necessary. I don't need stronger muscles to lift my leg before the kick. All I do is lift my leg. Focusing on the right muscles, and relaxing the right ones, will help that movement.

I won't be offended if you just brush that off. All I'm doing on Sherdog is trying to spread different ideas. You never know how little you might know.

Technique>Flexibility...
I can't do the full splits but becuase I have proper form I find I can do high kicks with ease. Although I do stretch 5-10 mins before training and 15-30 after. Honestly if you want to kick better I suggest going to your local Muay Thai(or what ever you do) gym and getting guided instruction and training, then you are pretty much in good hands.

guys...am just trying to help u with all i know..i have been training for 6 years now..and white belt on sherdog doesnt mean he have to be all noob..i just dont post alot

I believe you, but your thread is not very helpful.

i wasnt relaying on sherdog only...i open many resources to help my self fast,why everyone doesnt appreciate the help am trying to give u? thats all i have of info..

yeah but how do u know that it helped ? In 2 fucking days ? are you serious ?

secondly , for all we know you kick like a spaz.

Theres a big difference between trying to help and actually helping.

anyways im done with this thread. This guys an idiot and trying to reason with him is like banging your head on the wall......pointless and all it does is get you bloody mad.

--------Leg Mass--------:
you know..more mass..more power..more painful..but not any mass counts..like dont come with all fat in your hamstrings telling me i have mass but i am weak..the mass should be muscles not fat.

----------Muscles--------:
With more muscles,more mass,more powerful,more painful, but question is how to get the muscles..easy..squats,lunges,jumping squats, hamstrings and leg curls,and ofcourse the stepper machine..thats my favorite machine, anyway making muscles make your leg more flex. making your leg more flex..it will make it speedy also..so speed+mass+strong muscles=perfect kick? WRONG! because you need to perfect the kick first..if the technique of the kick is wrong..then everything you done wont help you.

You can consolidate these two sections. Gaining mass is the natural result of a good muscle building routine.

Also, take out the stuff on technique, you have a section on that already. If you're going to make sections, then limit your sections to their topics.

I'll try to help you clean this up after you fix those 2 points.

Also: don't abbreviate "flexible", spell it out for those who might not be aware of what your abbreviation "flex." is referring to. Instruction manuals must be detailed because you never know how little your readers might know.

many people was asking and making threads on "i need to increase my kicking power"..i was one of them..so i thought that now i know..i wanna help everyone thats now in my old position which doesnt know how to kick stronger..ok ima stop blabing and get straight to the point.

--------Flexibility--------:

First thing you need to do it getting your hips,legs as flexible as they can be, then get 180 degree splits..why? because flex. gives you control on the kick which makes it more stronger and the splits also does the same thing..so..first thing is flexibility,need some how to's? sure..i can tell you some stuff and you find the rest ;)...first things first..twist your hips as much as u can on the ground or on the twister for infinite times, then..open your legs not very wide but wide...like..70 degree and reach each leg like 30 times each leg but..here is the trick..instead of trying to touch the floor with your hand..try to touch the floor behind the leg your reaching..then same thing from the sides, and then normaly close your legs...and try to make like bruc lee...try to make your chin touch your ..shin..for couple of seconds, now for splits...you know the butterfly stretch? do it with someone's leg on your knees and your trying to raise it...with some side lunges and spliting for long time..your splits should be good in no time.

Improve your sentence structure here and everywhere else. Bad writing will make people ridicule your post. Don't ask and answer questions in a paragraph, it's a stream of consciousness thing and not good for a manual. Drop the ellipses ("..."), that's lazy, use real transition words, commas, etc.

I'll rewrite your first sentence, you do the rest.

1. "Your primary goal of flexibility is the ability to perform dynamic 180 degree splits. This is important because increased flexibility will result in better control, more power and improved speed in all of your kicks. Here are some ideas to help you get started."

Last edited:
Back