All you need to know about Kicking

Gelocoster

White Belt
Reaction score
many people was asking and making threads on "i need to increase my kicking power"..i was one of them..so i thought that now i know..i wanna help everyone thats now in my old position which doesnt know how to kick stronger..ok ima stop blabing and get straight to the point.

--------Flexibility--------:

First thing you need to do it getting your hips,legs as flexible as they can be, then get 180 degree splits..why? because flex. gives you control on the kick which makes it more stronger and the splits also does the same thing..so..first thing is flexibility,need some how to's? sure..i can tell you some stuff and you find the rest ;)...first things first..twist your hips as much as u can on the ground or on the twister for infinite times, then..open your legs not very wide but wide...like..70 degree and reach each leg like 30 times each leg but..here is the trick..instead of trying to touch the floor with your hand..try to touch the floor behind the leg your reaching..then same thing from the sides, and then normaly close your legs...and try to make like bruc lee...try to make your chin touch your ..shin..for couple of seconds, now for splits...you know the butterfly stretch? do it with someone's leg on your knees and your trying to raise it...with some side lunges and spliting for long time..your splits should be good in no time.

--------Leg Mass--------:
you know..more mass..more power..more painful..but not any mass counts..like dont come with all fat in your hamstrings telling me i have mass but i am weak..the mass should be muscles not fat.

---------Kicking---------:
Kicking is the most important part of this thread..because if you dont know how to kick,you shouldnt do anything until you know how to kick, anyway..first thing you need to do is to pivot your standing leg while hitting..pivoting makes the hit more stronger,next thing is to NOT hit like karate and Taekwondo kicks, DO NOT chamber then extend...you should do it..but not like karate's or taekwondo's , now..next tip is to twist your hips and push your hand (the one on the same side of the kicking leg) to the opposite side..it makes more hip twisting which makes the kick more powerful,more tip is to hit from the abs,lower back,and use your flex. in the hit and ofcourse use your leg muscles (quad,hamstrings) while hitting.. squeeze your abs while hitting,always remember breath, and use the muscles for the kick you are doing.

----------Muscles--------:
With more muscles,more mass,more powerful,more painful, but question is how to get the muscles..easy..squats,lunges,jumping squats, hamstrings and leg curls,and ofcourse the stepper machine..thats my favorite machine, anyway making muscles make your leg more flex. making your leg more flex..it will make it speedy also..so speed+mass+strong muscles=perfect kick? WRONG! because you need to perfect the kick first..if the technique of the kick is wrong..then everything you done wont help you.

--------Speed-------:
How to become speedy? easy..muscles,cable leg exercises, and no..dont kick with ankle weights..it ruins some of the leg tendons,,and remember.. flexibility and good splits are the main thing to make your kick speedy.

-----Sandbag-----:
you can get your kick stronger by like..only little percent by everytime you kick..try to get your MOST POWERFUL kick ever..with time..your yesterday's most powerful kick will be tomorrow's normal kick..ofcourse that happens with couple of kicks..like..50-100 of each kick.

------Technique------:
If you need any help with any kick technique just ask for it..if i know your answer i will answer it for you..if i dont..i will search it up and tell you the answer..but i know a tip that helped me in the back kick: dont do it with straight back...make your back little facing the floor..but not much!

-----Balancing-----:
Last thing is balancing..without it..your nothing..because you know the power comes from the floor to the tip of the hit..so if you are unbalanced while hitting..the power will be little nudged and wont be powerful as if you are balanced...so here comes shaolin times...stand on something thin..with 1 leg for long time..then switch ;)

i hope this thread helped everyone..i guess it did ;), i guess this is the only not annoying thing i did on this forum until now.

guys..if anything else is missing or u got any question about something i didnt mention in kicking, tell me, i might be able to help you

I'm totally gonna kick this way now, thanks white belt for showing me how to kick!

OK first the splits... funny I do kk karate and muay thai and I cant do a full split. I can still kick someones head in pretty good but cant split even if my life depended on it. Yes flexibility is important but to me proper technique is more important than anything else.

Yeah, thanks man! This is so much easier than going to my practices and paying attention to my instructor who has had a black belt for many years! In fact, you've persuaded me to quit karate!

OK first the splits... funny I do kk karate and muay thai and I cant do a full split. I can still kick someones head in pretty good but cant split even if my life depended on it. Yes flexibility is important but to me proper technique is more important than anything else.

well..everyone can do a head kick..splits makes it easier for u to reach..with 180 splits..head kick would be easy as a low kick..so you got more control on it..thats why splits and flexbility are important :p and you welcome everyone XD

Awesome-handlebar-moustache.jpg

I'm totally gonna kick this way now, thanks white belt for showing me how to kick!

lol exackly, i mean white belt on sherdog must mean he has no other martial art experience right?

good work, ts

and im totally not understanding the pic of the guy with the cool foo-man-choo

Then my job is done.

Taking care of retarded threads, one fu manchu at a time.

well..i guess this isnt a retarded thread...many people really keep asking how to increase the kicking power..so instead of million thread..i answered all of their questions at once

In Soviet Russia, kicking knows all about YOU!

This video will teach you everything you need to know:

Just increasing muscle mass doesn't increase speed. You need to work on your fast twitch muscles through explosive leg exercises. And this isn't a definitive kicking guide at all. You're talking only about the round house kick, and this becomes apparent when you talk about chambering the leg and flexibility.

Just increasing muscle mass doesn't increase speed. You need to work on your fast twitch muscles through explosive leg exercises. And this isn't a definitive kicking guide at all. You're talking only about the round house kick.

only round house kick? no?

You had me at ".like dont come with all fat in your hamstrings telling me i have mass but i am weak"

lol exackly, i mean white belt on sherdog must mean he has no other martial art experience right?

good work, ts

I would expect someone who has some high level of training to post intelligently, which he did not.

But as someone said previously- I'm totally gonna take the advice of a random poster online over my coaches who have been kicking longer than the TS has been alive possibly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back