All-You-Can-Eat Korean BBQ - Anyone here tried it or been wanting to?

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm going tomorrow. The thing I like the most and pretty much all I eat is the thinly sliced beef and the oil sauce that has salt in it. Does anyone know if you can buy that from a korean store? I'd rather just buy that and cook it at home. The oil sauce, too.

23826105_1603252943031447_7781140282586419763_o.12.jpg

I used to see AYCE around town and thought it was a franchise.

Took me years to realize it meant "all you can eat"

If you’re on the coast a good Korean grocer shouldn’t be too far away. Show someone in the store that pic and you might get exactly what you’re looking for.

I do this at home every so often. We actually just did it last weekend. To me the best bang for your buck beef is getting prime beef at Costco. My favorite cut for yakiniku is their Prime Boneless Short Rib. It's not A5 Wagyu quality, but it's better then anything you'll get at a AYCE korean bbq. It's usually enough beef for us to do it about 3 times. We usually wrap some enoki mushrooms in foil with butter, salt, pepper. Have kimchee on the side. If we stop by the Korean supermarket we will pick up several side dishes (cucumber kimchee, bean sprouts, taegu, etc). On ocassion we will grill veggies and sausage as well. Sometimes my wife will make japchae (stir fry glass noodles). You can also pick up that sauce at the supermarket, but I prefer the sweet/soy based yakiniku sauces.

We just use a basic setup similar to this. Just make sure you don't set the fire too high and have some ventilation in the house
71DRqHAYc5L._AC_SL1050_.jpg

I went a few times when I was in Seoul. Pretty awesome, and lots of soju to go with it.

Have one around the corner I used to go to all the time. It was on the local news "dirty dining" segment though so I can't go with the gf anymore. Idgaf though it's awesome.

I have a Korean Market....I buy all mys spices and rubs and oils there. Never beef or shrimp. Can only buy American shrimp....all Asian shrimp are raised on pig feces. And anyone that buys beef from an Asian country is asking for trouble.

I'm going tomorrow. The thing I like the most and pretty much all I eat is the thinly sliced beef and the oil sauce that has salt in it. Does anyone know if you can buy that from a korean store? I'd rather just buy that and cook it at home. The oil sauce, too.

23826105_1603252943031447_7781140282586419763_o.12.jpg
Go to a good butcher , get short ribs and ask for them to be cut flanken

Then buy everything else at a korean grocer or online

im not really a big fan of korean food. sucks as i do love korea otherwise.

I only fucks with the Kimbab

jajamyun or whateverthefuck - I get sick of it real quick. topokki is fucking great, & I hate spicy food.

KBBQ - was never a huge fan. I mean it's good, but meh.

the way to say water in Korean is "MOOL". it's such a fun thing to say. we just scream it mad loud in public randomly & crack up. same thing with BULGOLGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

There are a bunch of AYCE Korean places where I live. It's great.

The oil is just sesame oil.

Have one around the corner I used to go to all the time. It was on the local news "dirty dining" segment though so I can't go with the gf anymore. Idgaf though it's awesome.

:55

Have you been to this one?

https://g.co/kgs/zpaoUb

Wife I tried it last time in town. It was quite good. The nonstick(ish) grill was nice too. Less mess than other joints.

Have one around the corner from my house. It's good eats for sure. I go nuts on the meats. They look at me like I'm stealing a new born when I go back for 5ths.

No thanks , I prefer my cats and dogs as pets , not lunch.

Back