All Title Boxing/MMA Questions 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
k, cause I gotta figure if I should order the stuff I need now or then, lol

Wes,

are the triumph heatseekers v 2.0 in stock? I'm seriously considering picking up a pair

I'm in a process of buying a heavy bag and I have some questions.

1. Leather vs synthetic?

2. what is the difference between Title MMCTHB-100 & CTHB-100?

3. I read somewhere that a lot of filled heavy bags have sand bags in them for weight, is that true with the Title banana bags? What else is used to fill your bags?

Also, I have purchased many equipment such as pads, mitts, wraps, shin guards, and gloves in the past. I live in Alaska and each time I place an order over the phone, I ask if you guys can ship my order vis USPS but the answer is always no. UPS charges way too much and sometimes the shipping cost is more than what I want to order. Can you ship USPS Priority Service?

Thanks!

I'm in a process of buying a heavy bag and I have some questions.

1. Leather vs synthetic?

2. what is the difference between Title MMCTHB-100 & CTHB-100?

3. I read somewhere that a lot of filled heavy bags have sand bags in them for weight, is that true with the Title banana bags? What else is used to fill your bags?

Also, I have purchased many equipment such as pads, mitts, wraps, shin guards, and gloves in the past. I live in Alaska and each time I place an order over the phone, I ask if you guys can ship my order vis USPS but the answer is always no. UPS charges way too much and sometimes the shipping cost is more than what I want to order. Can you ship USPS Priority Service?

Thanks!
Hey Man,

I got your email before I read the forums so I sent you an email instead. Thanks!

lets get some more posts on here guys. It's been dead in here.

I'm looking for a pair of shin guards for competition and training. My spending limit is about $60. Which do you recommend? Thanks.

Wes, I bought a title bannana bag last time this year, its great, but im buying another. Do you know the length from the bottom to the top of the swivel? Mine has sagged some (its in a gym thats used everyday by dozens). Thanks

Hey wes how is the fit and quality on ur mma quad flex rash guards? Im a slim 5"10 155.....I was going to get a hayabusa rash guard in medium since I read they run larger. But if the quad flex are good quality and compress tight to the body id consider those instead

Wes, I bought a title bannana bag last time this year, its great, but im buying another. Do you know the length from the bottom to the top of the swivel? Mine has sagged some (its in a gym thats used everyday by dozens). Thanks

Are you talking about the length from the the bottom to the top of the whole chain? If so, we're looking right at about 8ft.

Hey wes how is the fit and quality on ur mma quad flex rash guards? Im a slim 5"10 155.....I was going to get a hayabusa rash guard in medium since I read they run larger. But if the quad flex are good quality and compress tight to the body id consider those instead

They are defintely a good rashguard and they stay tight to the body. The Hayabusa's are a little thicker and probably compress a little better but defintely not a huge disparity.

Are you talking about the length from the the bottom to the top of the whole chain? If so, we're looking right at about 8ft.

No, not the whole chain, just to the top of the swivel.
The reason is im hanging it in my basement which is 7ft from the hanger. I know I'll probably have to cut the four support chains and replace some links with carabiners.

I have to ask. What's up with Boxingdiscount.com? I saw your final post in the old thread and took a look at that website literally minutes before clicking the "Confirm" button on a Title order. The inventory is identical to Title's, but the shipping costs saved me almost $15. Is Title feeling suicidal?

No, not the whole chain, just to the top of the swivel.
The reason is im hanging it in my basement which is 7ft from the hanger. I know I'll probably have to cut the four support chains and replace some links with carabiners.

I have a thai bag in my garage and have had problems with it's height. The chain will squeeze the top of the bag into sort of a cone shape over time and cause the bag to droop lower to the floor. That drooping should be considered when hanging a new bag. The shorter the chain, the greater the angle of the chain across the top of the bag and the greater the squeeze effect will be which will cause the bag to droop even lower over time. I would say anyone with less than a foot from the bottom of the bag to the floor, when the bag is new, should probably not consider a 6' banana bag.

Instead of the cheapy carabiners, try the "add a link" that you can find at home depot for about a $1 or so a piece. Even the small ones are quite strong and the steel won't get eaten away by the chain like a carabiner will.

Last edited:
They are defintely a good rashguard and they stay tight to the body. The Hayabusa's are a little thicker and probably compress a little better but defintely not a huge disparity.

Thanks for all ur help Wes im about to do a big order before i start training again over $150 is there any discount or free shipping u can do with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back