All Time Worst Robberies

Gator Doc

Green Belt
Reaction score
The Heavyweight forum is going crazy with talks of robberies and how the term is being completely overused for every close decision. It's actually pretty sad over there. So I was thinking of examples to help these poor souls. I immediately thought of Whitaker v Ramirez and De La Hoya v Sturm. What would you guys rank as the all time worst robberies in boxing?

I will never forget how pissed I was when Oba Carr got the nod over the great Livingston Bramble. That fight to me was such an obvious win for Livingston, who dropped Carr twice in the first round, I was fit to be tied.

f8091000de3f026d209837e21bc2e700_L.jpg

This seems like a good thread for teddy atlas

Arthur Abraham vs. Edison Miranda ... First fight of course. Honestly, Abraham lost that fight.

And recently Devon Alexander vs. Kotelnik.

Foreman vs. Briggs
and Sturm vs. De La Hoya as already mentioned.

I think Sturm needed to knock out DLH in that fight in order to get a Draw, LOL.

The first Malignaggi-Diaz decision was pretty awful as far as recent fights go, bad enough to not give Paul the fight everyone scored for him but one of the judge's scorecard was 108-100 or something absolutely ridiculous like that.

And blame Oscar for running in the last few rounds but his loss to Trinidad was absolute horseshit.

This seems like a good thread for teddy atlas

lawlz

the instant shock and disbelief of both announcers and then Teddy loosing his shit and some official not knowing the difference between a majority decision and a split decision was pretty lulzy

but shouldn't they be used to it by now when was the last time Augustus got a decision

Last edited:
Sven Ottke vs Robin Reid - this fight is known for pissing off boxing fans. The best example of corrupt nature that is boxing in Germany:mad:

Lewis vs Holyfield I. People should have been sent to jail for calling that a draw.

Holyfield, amazingly, was cheated agaisnt Valuev.

Roy Jones at the 88 Olympics was criminal. Kim Dong Kil st the 84 Olympics was at least as bad.

poor jones... thats the worst ive seen...took his gold medal....... dude straight up got butt raped......it was like 10-8 all three rounds................

Last edited:
poor jones... thats the worst ive seen...took his gold medal....... dude straight up got butt raped......it was like 10-8 all three rounds................

At least RJJ got a silver and recognition that he was robbed.

Kim Dong Kil was at least as bad, and got nothing.

I've heard RJJ getting robbed was South Korea's way of getting revenge on the USA for the Kil fight.

Did you miss the part where the TS said "how the term is being completely overused for every close decision"?

marquez-knock-out-4.jpg

Not even close, buddy.

It was something like Shogun vs. Machida, the difference, Marquez is no where as popular as shogun (or pacquiao).

bilde

Marquez won that fight, as he did against Chris John and Freddie Norwood.

The Lennox Lewis vs. Holyfield 1 was a horrid decision too.

Back