All-time greatest white boxer?

what's so funny ?
in most countries , light mestizos and Castizos are considered white .for example 80 % of puerto ricans ( living in PR ) consider themselves white .

but like a previous poster said ,it's common to group all spanish speakers in one category under the meaningless , completely made up umbrella of hispanic/latino.

Arguello, Monzon, Napoles, Duran etc are latino

Arguello, Monzon, Napoles, Duran etc are latino

latino is a made up term used only in the us .

jose napoles is black .
monzon was an indio( native )
arguello was a mestizo ( roughly half white, half native )
duran is a castizo .( mostly white with some native)

jose napoles is black .

Duran is half mexican.

and ? mexico is not a mono ethnic country.
the point is ,his ancestry is predominantly white ( spaniard ) and native . or what is called " castizo "
Hes a latino, not a white fighter. Ask Duran and guaranteed he'd say Latino.

regardless, he isn't even the greatest white (to you) fighter anyways.

jose napoles is black .

i dont see how this invalidates the term latino
i use latino and identify by it, i see it as a more accurate representation than mestizo. Because trying to draw a line in the sand saying most are 50/50 indio and spanish is just plain wrong when most familiy histories are much more intertwined and thats why you can have latinos saying there pure spanish or chicanos saying there pure indian raped by the spanish forefathers etc.
its hard to take any of the terms used in latin america seriously because there is so much ingrained racism and repression in the societies there that most of the terms they use have become purley political and rarley reflect the actual history of the land.

further more it is laughable to categorize latino fighters as white, do you categorize african american fighters as white because they most likely have traces of white ancestry in there heritage

Hes a latino, not a white fighter. Ask Duran and guaranteed he'd say Latino.

duran will refer to himself as a mestizo ( castizo is rarely used these days ) , like 70 % of panamians do according to the last census .like i said , latino is a made up term used only in AMERICA.

i also don't consider him white, i just said there is a solid case for including him in the white category.

i dont see how this invalidates the term latino
i use latino and identify by it, i see it as a more accurate representation than mestizo.

it's not an accurate representation at all IMO . the term latino as it is used today excludes actual latins like ethnic italians, southern french , spaniards etc.. the term " latino " implies a connection to the latin culture, latin language , to the lands influenced by latium .why would anyone use it to refer to central americans with a predominant indigenous background ? makes no sense ... the only reason those lands were called " latin america " in the first place was because of the european spanish and portuguese occupation ....
go to france or italy and see for yourself how the term " latin " is used .

Because trying to draw a line in the sand saying most are 50/50 indio and spanish is just plain wrong when most familiy histories are much more intertwined and thats why you can have latinos saying there pure spanish or chicanos saying there pure indian raped by the spanish forefathers etc.

50/50 is just an estimation , not on the dot . mestizo simply means mixed .like most mexians and puerto ricans are .

further more it is laughable to categorize latino fighters as white, do you categorize african american fighters as white because they most likely have traces of white ancestry in there heritage

i don't consider all latino fighters to be white .
what's laughable is to hear people saying that canelo is not white , or rigondeaux is not black :icon_lol:

I really don't care what you think is a legit term and what isn't. Duran is a Latin fighter. You honestly think if you ask Duran if he is white he'd say yes?!

jesus ,i feel like i'm talking to a granite formation .

What about someone who is 1/8 Eskimo, 1/8 Hawaiian, 1/8 Irish, 1/8 Mandingo African, 1/4 Jewish and 1/4 Gay.....Wouldn't that qualify them as White?...In that case Omar "He Who Lays With Dogs" Liebowitz would be my pick

Rocky_Balboa.jpg

tell me I'm wrong

Meh, Balboa was a journeyman fighter who got luck with one fluke win over Creed. Lang whooped him bad and had an off night in the rematch. Never saw the rubber match did we?

Don't get me started on Drago. Overhyped, steroid guzzling can crusher from overseas who caught Creed at the right time after his wars with Balboa.

Meh, Balboa was a journeyman fighter who got luck with one fluke win over Creed. Lang whooped him bad and had an off night in the rematch. Never saw the rubber match did we?

Don't get me started on Drago. Overhyped, steroid guzzling can crusher from overseas who caught Creed at the right time after his wars with Balboa.

too bad the morrison fight wasnt properly sanctioned

Back