All Time GOAT poll

GSP is one of my all-time favorites, But Jones is the best to ever do it.

Jones wrecked legend after legend in what was at the time the most competitive division and single handedly turned it into the most uncompetitive division. #goat

GSP is bigger than DC, yet would die in the octagon against any lhw or hw. Or any middleweight with 2 functioning eyes for that matter.

But what GSP accomplished at WW >>> What DC at HW, by far. GSP fought a death row a contenders, and win against them, while making it look easy (Hendricks win not included). As for the Bisping fight, GSP had colitis and was four years removed from his last fight... Even tho it was Bisping, it needs context to appreciate how great avictory that was.

DC is great and all, and was robbed of some victories by a Jon "Too retarded to not get caught a second time" Jones, but his accomplisments are nowhere close of those of GSP's.

GSP is clearly a roid cheat

Jones is GOAT so far
So a guy that has never failed a drug test but doesn’t look how you’d like him to look is disqualified from GOAT consideration. But a guy who’s failed multiple tests and is a proven cheat is your choice for GOAT? Am I reading this right?
Only on sherdog.

Jones was cleared of any wrong doing. What do yall not get about that? The man was partying and doing cocaine instead of training and he still has been dominant.

There's more to MMA than just UFC. Let go of the narrow view and look at the overall picture.
I'm thinking you would have a VERY hard time naming a UFC HW who could have beaten Fedor back in the day. UFC had nobody who could beat Big Nog, CroCop or any of the other non-UFC heavies, let alone Fedor.
Recognize your UFC bias and try again.

Hoyce Gracie. GRACIEEEEEEE.
Sorry... The initial "Gracie Invasion" was sanctioned and set-up as a way of promoting BJJ. Royce was permitted to wear his gi (which he illegally used to choke out Ken Shamrock) while Ken was specifically disallowed use of his wrestling shoes. If you don't think Ken is telling the truth, do a search for "Bill Wallace early UFC" and see what Bill says about it. He gives a clear and unambiguous history of the whole sordid affair. Old Man Gracie was a master at marketing and he used UFC to propel his business into international prominence.

Lol @ fedor in the goat discussion
You are either 12 years old or you have a faulty memory. Fedor dominated the best HWs of his time with ease.
Wake up. Ty Cobb was one of the best baseball players ever, and people still recognize him as an all-time great. That is why we are discussing "Greatest Of ALL TIME", not "greatest of last six months".

+40 years old... still Koing UFC former HW champs in the first round.
giphy.gif

axopCyouerAc9YrpRuzWUbwfG8aCVLwXb6PifUMJ2fo67KYuVBctsf78W9gy

fedor-emelianenko-bellator-198-2.jpg
My favorite is still his one punch K.O. of Arlovsky. Arlo looked like he had been head-shot.

My favorite is still his one punch K.O. of Arlovsky. Arlo looked like he had been head-shot.

Mine will always be the North-South reverse & sub of Randleman after he nearly killed him. I can’t think of anyone else that’s capable of doing that

Mine will always be the North-South reverse & sub of Randleman after he nearly killed him. I can’t think of anyone else that’s capable of doing that
Geezus, how could I have forgotten that? A lesser man.... would no longer be with us.

Back