All Time GOAT poll

What?
So in an organization where steroids were encouraged.
Fedor was the single, russian fighter, who was natty?
yep
-never tested positive in competitive SAMBO
-never tested positive in the US
-physique that passes the sniff test

if all else fails and some how he does juice, it was all perfectly above board in a competition that allowed it.

Fedor is, was and always will be the GOAT until someone else does what he did. Undefeated for a decade and beat all the best fighters from his generation while they were in in their prime and at their best. Unlike Stupic whos best opponents were 40 years old when he beat them.

Jones and Anderson are career steroid abusers so they belong nowhere near a GOAT discussion.

He wasnt even close to beat all the best fighters from his generation.

yep
-never tested positive in competitive SAMBO
-never tested positive in the US
-physique that passes the sniff test

if all else fails and some how he does juice, it was all perfectly above board in a competition that allowed it.

There was/ is absolutely testing in Pride nor Bellator.
Steroids were encouraged and distributed by the organization

So what evidence do you have in an organization with fixed fights that encouraged steroids, he was the one natty?

Saying Fedor beat Sylvia in his prime is like saying Bader beat Fedor in his prime.

Yup. Both Fedor and Sylvia were out of their prime by the time they fought, its just that Sylvia had let himself go more than Fedor did.

There was/ is absolutely testing in Pride nor Bellator.
Steroids were encouraged and distributed by the organization

So what evidence do you have in an organization with fixed fights that encouraged steroids, he was the one natty?

Yup. What can be said for Fedor that he fought in a level playing field, since everyone who wanted to be on steroids could be on steroids. He would have no advantage or disadvantage against other Pride fighters in that respect.

Considering hardcore Silva and Fedor fans are pretty much the most rabid and mindless members of Sherdog, I expect any vote padding would very likely be in those categories.

I miss the banned idiots like Dozer and the other retards who's handles I can't be bothered to remember after I blocked them arguing that Anderson Silva's drug failures were a huge conspiracy and he was totally innocent. Fun stuff.
Or in other words:

TL;DR - Everyone who doesn't agree with me is an out-of-mind nuthugger full of conspiracies.

Duh.

322 vote lead on Fedor.

464 vote lead on Jones.

928 vote lead on Silva.

That’s a lot of “dozens”.

Still not accounting for the deleted accounts voting for them...
Just curious: Was Retardamus taken when you registered your nick?
I mean, this is so stupid that I had to check twice to see if you're serious and I'm not sure still, if you're trolling then you got me lol

Or in other words:

TL;DR - Everyone who doesn't agree with me is an out-of-mind nuthugger full of conspiracies.

Duh.

? great post... lol

My point was the were people advocating and defending fighters that flat out lied and made up bullshit stories to excuse their cheating. I didn't put forward an opinion of my own but rather pointed out that there are plenty of idiots on here dumb enough to actually believe that fighters are failing drug tests due to contaminated sexual "enhancement" drugs..

Are you as dumb as them?

Just curious: Was Retardamus taken when you registered your nick?
I mean, this is so stupid that I had to check twice to see if you're serious and I'm not sure still, if you're trolling then you got me lol
I looked into it for kicks, said it would cause too much confusion with your account.
You insinuated fake accounts being the reason GSP was winning the poll. I showed the numbers to be too astronomically high for that to have been the difference. Really not that hard to understand.

Yup. What can be said for Fedor that he fought in a level playing field, since everyone who wanted to be on steroids could be on steroids. He would have no advantage or disadvantage against other Pride fighters in that respect.
Thats simply not how steroids work. Taking them "is not a level playing field"
What an idiotic idea

Thats why they are not endorsed in sanctioned sports

I looked into it for kicks, said it would cause too much confusion with your account.
You insinuated fake accounts being the reason GSP was winning the poll. I showed the numbers to be too astronomically high for that to have been the difference. Really not that hard to understand.
Ok, so you admit this poll is flawed, yet you think that same poll, being legit, would not need that. Then why did someone started creating all that logins?

Not sure if you ever experienced such, but cases of people changing their votes just to not being on the minority side happens 9 out of 10 times, in fact they could implement real-time vote counting on elections, yet they don't do that because of this precise human behavior.

But the rule of thumb still is: If GSP is all that clear GOAT, why do he need all these fresh/ghost votes?

I was actually expecting you to make fun of me for falling for the troll bait...

Last edited:
? great post... lol

My point was the were people advocating and defending fighters that flat out lied and made up bullshit stories to excuse their cheating. I didn't put forward an opinion of my own but rather pointed out that there are plenty of idiots on here dumb enough to actually believe that fighters are failing drug tests due to contaminated sexual "enhancement" drugs..

Are you as dumb as them?
Yep, and still only half as dumb as you.

AJl7zv9.gif

Ok, so you admit this poll is flawed, yet you think that same poll, being legit, would not need that. Then why did someone started creating all that logins?

Not sure if you ever experienced such, but cases of people changing their votes just to not being on the minority side happens 9 out of 10 times, in fact they could implement real-time vote counting on elections, yet they don't do that because of this precise human behavior.

But the rule of thumb still is: If GSP is all that clear GOAT, why do he need all these fresh/ghost votes?

I was actually expecting you to make fun of me for falling for the troll bait...
That seemed like a reach, but ok.
I believe we probably have people “ghost” voting for all of the candidates. My point being the percentage is probably rather low and across the board. Therefore balancing itself out.
Do you really believe that with all of the GSP haters & the Spider Click Posse (the same group of guys that run together in all of the GSP threads) that there aren’t ghost votes for anyone other than him?
You’re starting to sound like that gono goof that thinks anything positive for GSP is a conspiracy.
If so, how do you think the ‘real’ results should be?
I personally think some people can’t accept GSP is possibly the GOAT.

That seemed like a reach, but ok.
I believe we probably have people “ghost” voting for all of the candidates. My point being the percentage is probably rather low and across the board. Therefore balancing itself out.
Do you really believe that with all of the GSP haters & the Spider Click Posse (the same group of guys that run together in all of the GSP threads) that there aren’t ghost votes for anyone other than him?
You’re starting to sound like that gono goof that thinks anything positive for GSP is a conspiracy.
If so, how do you think the ‘real’ results should be?
I personally think some people can’t accept GSP is possibly the GOAT.
I've checked all of the triumvirate, did you not?

Now I know why we're having this discussion.. <45>

What an idiotic idea

Both of your fav fighters got caught cheating fair and square. Now you are trying to discredit others with completely zero evidence to justify anderson/jones guilt. What a pathetic life, try harder.

What an idiotic idea

It may well be idiotic, but why not explain why its not a level playing field, albeit an unhealthy one.

The situation seems to be:

1) A level playing field is one in which every athlete has access to the same resources.
2) If there is no testing, then given how easy steroids are to obtain it seems everyone in Pride had access to the same resources as far as steroids go. Testing skews this, because the test beating steroids are harder to obtain, but the general easy to detect with tests steroids are very easy to get.

So why wouldn't it be a level playing field? No doubt you have a reason for thinking so, but instead of stating it you settle for throwing out an insult, which gives zero useful information. And in fact, insults are typically used to cover the lack of argument, though in this case I get the feeling you have one but just couldn't be bothered to state it.

The reason they're not endorsed in sanctioned sports is because they're harmful to take except in specific medical conditions. That has nothing to do with a level playing field, and in the case of MMA even the harm is tempered by the greater harm coming from the typical competition (chiefly head blows, but also damage to other organs either from direct impact or from dehydration to make weight).

With GSP retired now, who do you think is the all time greatest at this time?

If your selection for the greatest fighter of all time is not in the poll, feel free to vote for other explain why.

Okay here is my spiel. I have always said G.O.A.T status is Spider or GSP. They both changed the game and decimated legends. Also look at the heart, look at Silva coming back from that break V weidman and fighting, of all people, nick Diaz. I have always been preferential to Silva, but have a new view and here is my method. Look at wins/losses and caliber of opponents. GSP has lost only 2 times. he lost to some really good fighters in the form of Matt Hughs(who of course gave Royce Gracie his first octagon defeat, and second pro defeat trailing Sakuraba) and Matt Serra who is a monster. He then came back and bear both of them afterwards. I look at it like him avenging the loss and in essence redeeming that defeat. Aside from that he is untouchable. He comes out of retirement beats Bisping's ass, and retires again. He is the greatest IMO.

Now of this time with him retired. That is hard. We can all agree jon jones is undeafeated because as Dana White said: "Steve Mazzagatti is a fucking tool box". Hamil was out. Jones undefeated, and gave DC his only two defeats(yeah two, steroids aside he beat your ass dude) until this month. Khabib on the other hand is absolutely undefeated but has fought less high profile opponents until recently. I would like to see Khabib v Porrier and see how it stacks up. If Khabib wins, I would like to see him wrestle GSP. If he could long shot take GSP I think he would be prime for the goat mantle. Jon jones is P4P 1 right now(which he should have been this whole time), and I think he could be considered the current G.O.A.T. Though need to see his non TBol matches a bit more. There could also be argument up and coming for adesanya depending on how he does against Whittaker. I could see him going for that mantle too. So here is what this whole rant comes out to:

TL;DR

Alltime GOAT- GSP

Current GOAT- Jon Jones

Back