All Time GOAT poll

It's impossible ti figure out who the GOAT is, but I'll give it a quick shot:

1. GSP
2. DC - first true loss at 40 years old in a rematch against an all time great who he KO'd in the first fight.
3. DJ
3. Jones* - he's been juicing his whole career including the first DC fight (before USADA) when his test results came back with suspicious testosterone levels. USADA then entered the fold not to long after that and he failed. He was taking steroids for both fights against DC at a weight that already gave him an advantage. I'll reluctantly put him this high.
4. Fedor
5. Aldo - TDD is what makes him slightly ahead of Anderson
6. Anderson

Khabib would make the list if we knew how he'd do against a top ranked guy with legit wrestling/grappling like a Koscheck, Hendricks, Shields, Hughes, Fitch, Sherk, Penn, Usman ect

Last edited:
GSP worst fight was against Shield. GSP was afraid of Shield's grappling and kept it standing. Then the unthinkable happened. The worst standup fighter in the history of the sport, outstriked GSP.

GSP clearly outstruck Shields. The only reason Shields landed anything is because....

KJq4Q.gif
5684576581_84e7c456f6.jpg
gsp-eye-poke-om7rl.gif
shieldseyepoke02.gif
gsppoke2.jpg
shieldseyepoke01_medium.gif
2r7lsvk.jpg

GSp had a scratched cornea because of this. It was sone of the worst eye poking from a fighter in history

3. DJ
3. Jones* - he's been juicing his whole career including the first DC fight (before USADA) when his test results came back with suspicious testosterone levels. USADA then entered the fold not to long after that and he failed. He was taking steroids for both fights against DC at a weight that already gave him an advantage. I'll reluctantly put him this high.

You know who also had sketchy T/E ratios in the first fight? DC lol

However, Jon Jones is the "Greatest So Far." Then I will go with Anderson Silva. GSP was finished by Matt Serra. I can't forgive that.

Anderson was finished by Ryo Chonan and Daiju Takase. Do you forgive that?

You know who also had sketchy T/E ratios in the first fight? DC lol
PED Experts/Dr's said they were normal levels, especially for a guy in his late 30's cutting that much weight. Try to keep up.

Last edited:
PED Experts/Dr's said they were normal levels for a guy in his late 30's cutting that much weight. Try to keep up.
One expert said it could be because of his age. They wanted the fight to go on. Thats why they said Jones was fine to fight too. DC is a 40 year old former Olympic wrestler in his prime. If you think he is clean you are really naive

One expert said it could be because of his age. They wanted the fight to go on. Thats why they said Jones was fine to fight too. DC is a 40 year old former Olympic wrestler in his prime. If you think he is clean you are really naive
DC's were on the low end but they were still NORMAL LEVELS. Experts say they were on the low end because he was in his late 30's cutting weight after a camp.

So again, they were normal levels and CONSISTENT across the two tests, unlike Jones. Additionally, Jones failed not to long after that when USADA came in, while DC looked identical (despite his age) up until the Jones head kick.

Last edited:
Fedor was the most dominant, Andy was the most skilled, Jon has the most god given talent and intangibles the sport has ever seen, and GSP was the best pure athlete, with insane work ethic and determination to boot.

Personally I will say Silva was the G.O.A.T, wins and losses never tell the full story, Silva at his peak was on a completely different level than anyone else. His skill level is and was extremely high, some of the best technique and creativity in the sport ever. I mean I could go down the absolute laundry list of techniques this man had at his disposal, he could do it all. Unfortunately, some of the best ever tend to stay around past their prime and their legacy begins to dissipate.

Last edited:
TS created an entire thread for this when there is a sticky poll in the forum?

lol....

That poll is riddled with dozens of recent Sherdog users who just signed up, voted GSP and went away without ever posting a thing, just check yourselves..

322 vote lead on Fedor.

464 vote lead on Jones.

928 vote lead on Silva.

That’s a lot of “dozens”.

Still not accounting for the deleted accounts voting for them...

GSP clearly outstruck Shields. The only reason Shields landed anything is because....

KJq4Q.gif
5684576581_84e7c456f6.jpg
gsp-eye-poke-om7rl.gif
shieldseyepoke02.gif
gsppoke2.jpg
shieldseyepoke01_medium.gif
2r7lsvk.jpg

GSp had a scratched cornea because of this. It was sone of the worst eye poking from a fighter in history
Rake Shields.

For the 3089432098th time there's a sticky poll for that.

That poll is riddled with dozens of recent Sherdog users who just signed up, voted GSP and went away without ever posting a thing, just check yourselves.

Nice GOAT list, TS, I liked.

Considering hardcore Silva and Fedor fans are pretty much the most rabid and mindless members of Sherdog, I expect any vote padding would very likely be in those categories.

I miss the banned idiots like Dozer and the other retards who's handles I can't be bothered to remember after I blocked them arguing that Anderson Silva's drug failures were a huge conspiracy and he was totally innocent. Fun stuff.

Fedor is the only natural one here, and on top of that fought natural in a competition where juicing was permitted.

Easy choice.

Fedor is the only natural one here, and on top of that fought natural in a competition where juicing was permitted.

Easy choice.

What?
So in an organization where steroids were encouraged.
Fedor was the single, russian fighter, who was natty?

Saying Fedor beat Sylvia in his prime is like saying Bader beat Fedor in his prime.

TS I could tear down that list so easy... then again you wouldn't be old enough to remember watching bad man contests

Back