All Time GOAT poll

The spider! He did ninja shit. He is my favorite fighter of all time so he’s the GOAT to me.

The spider! He did ninja shit. He is my favorite fighter of all time so he’s the GOAT to me.
I’m no Andy fan but seeing your enthusiasm over your favorite fighter is cool. Much better than the hateful creatures we see on here sometimes. Good for you man!

I’m no Andy fan but seeing your enthusiasm over your favorite fighter is cool. Much better than the hateful creatures we see on here sometimes. Good for you man!
Thanks man! I appreciate that.

Roids or not no one has the resume Bones has. Shogun in 2011 Rampage Gusx2, Chael , Shad, Glover, DC x2, Vitor, n more.

GSP because he hasn't fucked up the second half of his career.
Fedor, if he retired a few years after Pride went down (before his first real loss).

With GSP retired now, who do you think is the all time greatest at this time?

GSP

Fedor

Anderson Silva

Jon Jones

Mighty Mouse

Aldo

If your selection for the greatest fighter of all time is not in the poll, feel free to vote for other explain why.

FEDOR, SIMPLY THE BEST EVER!!!
2475516-mud6yaf.jpg

hi-res-e0143d507b8e255e986964813a4bfd84_crop_north.jpg

fedor-emelianenko-frank-mir-bellator-198.jpg

fedorrogersfaceoff_medium.jpg

2bnor9.jpg

GSP. As Luke Thomas said, 'he defeated several generations of champions and top contenders' and avenged his 2 losses with utter dominance. Plus, he was a two division champion.

2 side notes:
*Cormier deserves a spot on the poll beyond a shadow of a doubt.
*ALL things considered, Jones' win over Gus in the second fight puts him as my runner up to GSP, IMHumbleO.

GSP.

Beat every fighter he ever fought, grabbed multiple titles and carried himself as well as anyone can inside and outside the cage.

With GSP retired now, who do you think is the all time greatest at this time?

GSP

Fedor

Anderson Silva

Jon Jones

Mighty Mouse

Aldo

If your selection for the greatest fighter of all time is not in the poll, feel free to vote for other explain why.

GSP is the GOAT imo but Silva was the mose exciting to watch in his prime.

I would pick gsp also but the thread starter said now with gsp retired who do you is the current best at this time right now. So I picked Jones.

I kind of soured a little bit on GSP when he went after Bisping
Just seems like he took the easiest path, and I always thought he was cute concerned about his legacy which meant he ended up almost picking fights he knew he could win or playing it safe
In fairness, Anderson only fought 3 times at LHW during his title reign and all three were tailor-made match-ups. He never actually challenged for the LHW title. Other than the Cormier fight, which was a last minute replacement in a situation where Anderson was never going to get back into title contention anyway, when did Anderson do anything more ballsy than what GSP did? When Anderson fought Irvin, Forrest and Bonnar most people fully expected him to win. On the other hand, a decent number of people thought GSP would lose to Bisping.

I kind of soured a little bit on GSP when he went after Bisping
Just seems like he took the easiest path, and I always thought he was cute concerned about his legacy which meant he ended up almost picking fights he knew he could win or playing it safe
Bisping was favored.

Fedor I unfortunatly think is very overrated. I think I need a little more convincing before I see him as even the GOAT heavyweight. The only two guys with names he fought in pride were cro cop and wanderlei.

And the reality is that Jon Jones is undefeated. If it weren't for that one loss that nobody ever counts against him he would be blowing the UFC record for longest win streak out of the water.

Fedor I unfortunatly think is very overrated. I think I need a little more convincing before I see him as even the GOAT heavyweight. The only two guys with names he fought in pride were cro cop and wanderlei.

And the reality is that Jon Jones is undefeated. If it weren't for that one loss that nobody ever counts against him he would be blowing the UFC record for longest win streak out of the water.
I think Fedor is overrated insofar as he is viewed as the GOAT. He was an all-time great fighter no doubt. Possibly the greatest heavyweight ever and certainly top-five but not P4P GOAT. If you look at how many truly elite fighters he beat in their primes, the list is actually relatively small. Basically, you’ve got Nog x 2, Cro Cop, Sylvia and Arlovski. That’s it. Coleman was old and Randleman was 1-2 in his previous 3 and went on to lose his next 3.

Any unbeaten streak like Fedor’s is amazing but let’s not pretend he was fighting the cream of the crop each time.

I think Fedor is overrated insofar as he is viewed as the GOAT. He was an all-time great fighter no doubt. Possibly the greatest heavyweight ever and certainly top-five but not P4P GOAT. If you look at how many truly elite fighters he beat in their primes, the list is actually relatively small. Basically, you’ve got Nog x 2, Cro Cop, Sylvia and Arlovski. That’s it. Coleman was old and Randleman was 1-2 in his previous 3 and went on to lose his next 3.

Any unbeaten streak like Fedor’s is amazing but let’s not pretend he was fighting the cream of the crop each time.
Its a common delusion, he fought a lot of great fighters with different styles/backgrounds. Also he fought most top fighters from his era including ufc roster (except randy and bork)

Its a common delusion, he fought a lot of great fighters with different styles/backgrounds. Also he fought most top fighters from his era including ufc roster (except randy and bork)
He never fought Barnett, Kharitonov, or Ricco Rodriguez, all of whom were available for him to fight and in their primes. Nor did he fight Igor for that matter.

He also never fought Randy, Rizzo or Mir in their primes.

Arguably, Big Nog has a better overall record than Fedor.

He never fought Barnett, Kharitonov, or Ricco Rodriguez, all of whom were available for him to fight and in their primes. Nor did he fight Igor for that matter.

He also never fought Randy, Rizzo or Mir in their primes.

Arguably, Big Nog has a better overall record than Fedor.
Barnett tried hard to avoid that fight. Kharitonov - totally irrelevant fight after Alex tkod him.

There's no way UFC allowed other listed fights without signing fedor, so you cant blame him for that.

Barnett tried hard to avoid that fight. Kharitonov - totally irrelevant fight after Alex tkod him.

There's no way UFC allowed other listed fights without signing fedor, so you cant blame him for that.
I don’t blame him, though I really think he should have dropped the co-promoting thing and signed without UFC after UFC bought Pride.

In the end, all I’m saying is that he didn’t fight as many elite fighters in their primes as one would think.

Like I said, he’s a top 5 HW all-time and there’s an argument that he’s no. 1. However, as far as the P4P GOAT discussion, I don’t think he’s above GSP, Anderson, Aldo, or Jones. Not sure I’d put him above Cormier either.

Problem with Fedor is he's 3-5 in the cage with PED testing despite being favored in all those fights.

Problem with Fedor is he's 3-5 in the cage with PED testing despite being favored in all those fights.

I'd bet that Fedor used PED's in Pride, but so did everyone else, so it was a level playing field -- he would have had no advantage because of PED's.

The losses came at the end of his career. He did well in his first three fights in North America. Its pretty much the norm that athletes fall off if they stay in their sport too long. Wayne Gretzky didn't look so good at the end of his career when he changed teams to the Rangers. Shaq didn't look so good at the end of his career after leaving the Heat. It could be because they only played well under some systems, but most would say they just got old. Or look at Anderson at the end of his career, or Muhammad Ali, or just about everyone but Marciano and Mayweather.

Back