All Time GOAT poll

Gsp my ass. He was good but he couldn't finish shit.

Decision anyone?

How many decision wins does Khabib have in the UFC? Is it 6 now?

Did you know that 5 of Jones' last 6 wins were decisions? In fact all 8 of Jones' decision wins have been in the UFC. 8....

Are you going to shit on them as well?

Best part of this poll and thread is seeing Silva homers get fucking bodied. That's right boys less than 10%

You're just an extremely vocal minority. It isn't some consensus Silva is goat. You're losing ground every single day, and between all the losses and test fails he's going to be out of the conversation soon.

<GrassoBless>

Silva GOAT. Votes from unknowledgeable fans don’t matter.

To the people that voted for GSP, how many times has GSP made you go Wow!! OMG! Holy sh*t! Did you see that!! Personally zero, however Silva, Jones & Fedor definitely have. There is a reason why Floyd Mayweather doesn’t crack the top 10 lists of many boxing experts despite having a record of 50-0, it’s because he rarely finished opponents and fought very conservatively to get decision victories resulting in boring fights, similar to GSP. Mayweather still has a much better resume at 50-0, GSP lost twice and retired at 32 after taking a beating from Hendricks. Great’s don’t avoid fights by retiring but actually challenge themselves by taking risks, fighting in different weight classes, and going for the finish. If Mayweather doesn’t crack boxing’s top 10 how can people justify GSP as the GOAT in MMA?

To the people that voted for GSP, how many times has GSP made you go Wow!! OMG! Holy sh*t! Did you see that!! Personally zero, however Silva, Jones & Fedor definitely have. There is a reason why Floyd Mayweather doesn’t crack the top 10 lists of many boxing experts despite having a record of 50-0, it’s because he rarely finished opponents and fought very conservatively to get decision victories resulting in boring fights, similar to GSP. Mayweather still has a much better resume at 50-0, GSP lost twice and retired at 32 after taking a beating from Hendricks. Great’s don’t avoid fights by retiring but actually challenge themselves by taking risks, fighting in different weight classes, and going for the finish. If Mayweather doesn’t crack boxing’s top 10 how can people justify GSP as the GOAT in MMA?
Lol what knowledgeable boxing fans don't think mayweather is top ten? Callin bullshit on that. Floyd is a goat candidate in boxing. And other goat contenders like Ali have their fair share of decisions.

It's about winning against the elite. Not just being flashy.

Lol what knowledgeable boxing fans don't think mayweather is top ten? Callin bullshit on that. Floyd is a goat candidate in boxing. And other goat contenders like Ali have their fair share of decisions.

It's about winning against the elite. Not just being flashy.

Just google my friend..

ESPN:
  1. Sugar Ray Robinson
  2. Ali
  3. Armstrong
  4. Louis
  5. Pep
  6. Duran
  7. Leonard
  8. Johnson
  9. Dempsy
  10. Langford

Just google my friend..

ESPN:
  1. Sugar Ray Robinson
  2. Ali
  3. Armstrong
  4. Louis
  5. Pep
  6. Duran
  7. Leonard
  8. Johnson
  9. Dempsy
  10. Langford

That's one list. And even as a boxing casual its a bad list. Duran at 6 all time with that many losses? Yeah probably not though.

An ol´ rankin´ I´ve kept, when Ring Mag. was still 'legit'...

Ring Magazine's 80 Best Fighters of the Last 80 Years

In 2002, the writers of Ring Magazine published a ranking of the 80 best fighters of the previous 80 years.

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Henry Armstrong
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Joe Louis
5. Roberto Duran
6. Willie Pep
7. Harry Greb
8. Benny Leonard
9. Sugar Ray Leonard
10. Pernell Whitaker
11. Carlos Monzon
12. Rocky Marciano
13. Ezzard Charles
14. Archie Moore
15. Sandy Saddler
16. Jack Dempsey
17. Marvin Hagler
18. Julio Cesar Chavez
19. Eder Jofre
20. Alexis Arguello
21. Barney Ross
22. Evander Holyfield
23. Ike Williams
24. Salvador Sanchez
25. George Foreman
26. Kid Gavilian
27. Larry Holmes
28. Mickey Walker
29. Ruben Olivares
30. Gene Tunney
31. Dick Tiger
32. Fighting Harada
33. Emile Griffith
34. Tony Canzoneri
35. Aaron Pryor
36. Pascual Perez
37. Miguel Canto
38. Manuel Ortiz
39. Charley Burley
40. Carmen Basilio
41. Michael Spinks
42. Joe Frazier
43. Khaosai Galaxy
44. Roy Jones Jr.
45. Tiger Flowers
46. Panama Al Brown
47. Kid Chocolate
48. Joe Brown
49. Tommy Loughran
50. Bernard Hopkins
51. Felix Trinidad
52. Jake LaMotta
53. Lennox Lewis
54. Wilfredo Gomez
55. Bob Foster
56. Jose Napoles
57. Billy Conn
58. Jimmy McLarnin
59. Pancho Villa
60. Carlos Ortiz
61. Bob Montgomery
62. Freddie Miller
63. Benny Lynch
64. Beau Jack
65. Azumah Nelson
66. Eusebio Pedroza
67. Thomas Hearns
68. Wilfred Benitez
69. Antonio Cervantes
70. Ricardo Lopez
71. Sonny Liston
72. Mike Tyson
73. Vicente Saldivar
74. Gene Fullmer
75. Oscar De La Hoya
76. Carlos Zarate
77. Marcel Cerdan
78. Flash Elorde
79. Mike McCallum
80. Harold Johnson

Source: Ring Magazine (2002)
Surprise so many people have duran so high with that many losses. No Mayweather but way back then he hadn't done much yet.

Back then he was revered indeed, dont know about the new Gen.

The way I see it, top 3 is a lock, like 4 ever...

Ali, SRR, Armstrong... no particular order.

I have Sweet Pea @ 4

Then it gets tricky...
Archie Moore is up there...

Sorry, Im not really impressed by PBF... not even top 5.

But it´s like...my opinion...
Yeah its all pretty subjective. I don't like Floyd but imo he is the best boxer of his generation. Even if he tried to make every fight as favorable as possible, 50-0 is incredible.

I'm an Ali guy but I'm super casual by boxing standards. I know 1000x more about mma.

Hey @gono btw who was your choice for goat btw? Did you go fedor or pick other because Saku wasn't an option?

Dunno why Gono´s haters keep viewin´him as a Spider or Fedor fan tbh...

No SAKU? I voted 'Other'.
Haha no worries bud not everyone just talks. Some also know how to listen :p

I figured as much glad to see the old legends haven't been completely abandoned on here.

I voted for Fedor, but actually a lot of GSP's takedowns made me go "Holy sh*t, did you see that?" Some people only like striking (luckily for them there are pure striking sports like boxing and muy thai around), some people only like grappling (luckily for them there are pure grappling sports like BJJ and wrestling around). Me, I like both, which is why I watch MMA (as well as boxing and wrestling). GSP has the best takedowns in MMA, so anyone who likes grappling is going to have wow moments in his fights.

Seriously, if you don't find grappling entertaining, why watch MMA? The striking is much better in boxing and muy thai than in MMA.

And in fact that's one of the things I like about Fedor, he has 'wow' moments both in striking and in throws. And Anderson has great striking, but also some wow grappling moments (his last second choke against Sonnen was one). Jones actually has more wow grappling moments than striking moments.

Back then he was revered indeed, dont know about the new Gen.

The way I see it, top 3 is a lock, like 4 ever...

Ali, SRR, Armstrong... no particular order.

I have Sweet Pea @ 4

Then it gets tricky...
Archie Moore is up there...

Sorry, Im not really impressed by PBF... not even top 5.

But it´s like...my opinion...
It's not just your opinion, it's a lot of people's opinion as well.

GSP ducking a rematch with "Big Rig," has to keep him a step down from prime Fedor's run.

Not that Fedor did not feed on some cans, he did, but GSP by most non-fanboy accounts lost that fight and then disappeared.
He was already planning to take time off for YEARS beforehand. In the lead up to Hendricks he said he was taking time off win or lose. Anyway it's funny how much people hold one close decision WIN against him. Considering most goat candidates have multiple embarrassing losses.

GOAT

First UFC champ champ, superfight and tournament champ
First real legit top class wrestler in UFC
Over 100 MMA wins
Never taken PEDS.
Body is same at 60 years.
Has a epic mustache.
Is a real man.
Invented many of the chokes you see today, the palm to palm grip.
And last but not least.. he is a gorgeous handsome hunk and an absolute gentleman.

Dh1qKz4X4AAm-zZ.jpg

dan-severn-belt_cropped.jpg

GOAT

First UFC champ champ, superfight and tournament champ
First real legit top class wrestler in UFC
Over 100 MMA wins
Never taken PEDS.
Body is same at 60 years.
Has a epic mustache.
Is a real man.
Invented many of the chokes you see today, the palm to palm grip.
And last but not least.. he is a gorgeous handsome hunk and an absolute gentleman.

Dh1qKz4X4AAm-zZ.jpg

dan-severn-belt_cropped.jpg
<Kpop775>

"Multiple embarrassing losses," could cover Ali in boxing.

We're talking the best prime fighters, not aged fighters looking for cash, right?

As well, if you "win" a fight the eyes of most fans and most independent score cards have you clearly losing, is it really right to walk away from that? Does that sound confident or like a duck?
Ali also lost in his prime. So did Anderson. Multiple times. Fedor imo was past prime when he started losing. Some of his comp was pretty weak tho. GSP only ever lost twice but avenged them.

Jones is essentially undefeated but is a cheater. So every great either has some bad losses or is a cheater.

Ali also lost in his prime. So did Anderson. Multiple times. Fedor imo was past prime when he started losing. Some of his comp was pretty weak tho. GSP only ever lost twice but avenged them.

Jones is essentially undefeated but is a cheater. So every great either has some bad losses or is a cheater.

Ali's prime was before his suspension; he was never the same fighter afterwards. He completely changed his style (giving up most of his footwork) and became a great champ again, but post-suspension Ali would never have won against pre-suspension Ali. Of course Ali is probably the most talented heavyweight ever in any combat sport, so he's an amazingly high standard to reach.

I agree Fedor was past his prime when he started losing. But Anderson too -- his fighting prime doesn't coincide with his athletic prime. GSP was arguably in his prime for the Serra loss, though as you say he avenged it.

Beyond that, athletes in all sports have bad days. Jordan had bad days. Gretzky had bad days. So why is it odd that fighters have bad days? A loss or two is just, a bad day.

Back