All Time Biggest Hype Bust

Huerta actually won a tough fight over Guida and wasn't a pushover. Basically became a star after the Garcia slugest and showed a ton of heart in his fights. He had a ton of backing but he was far more interesting than any of these Disney stars we just watched.
yeah his fight with guida was an awesome fight but that didn't mean he was all that great. I like Huerta just calling it how I see it.

yeah his fight with guida was an awesome fight but that didn't mean he was all that great. I like Huerta just calling it how I see it.

I gotcha. He definitely did have a shitload of hype and his decline was pretty steep.

Of those listed, Crocop was the biggest bust compared to what everyone expected.

Most of the guys mentioned here became champions or were champions. A hype train is someone who is hyped but unproven. Sage and Paige certainly fit that bill.

A lot of guys never reached their potential like Vera in the UFC but hype trains tend not to last very long before they get exposed. If you have a long run, you aren't hype. Now guys and girls getting exposed, that's a massive list.
Already been mentioned. Houston alexander.

I love it. SAge and page FTL, and Platinum Perry, who never deserved to become a meme, now never should.

People really overuse (and misuse) the term 'hype job.' It doesn't mean someone who loses after being hyped up as great, it means someone who's still relatively unproven who loses before accomplishing something big. None of those guys or gals mentioned were hype jobs.

Jim Hettes, Erick Silva, Erik Koch and Dustin Poirier.

I suppose not all time but his run was incredibly disappointing at the time.

There was a black guy several years ago that I think is worth mentioning, too. I believe he was WW and was absolutely shredded. One of those guys that all of Sherdog blows their wad over and he came in and did nothing in his UFC run. Papi Abadi or something... trying to find his name. Papy Abedi was his name.

As for all time, I suppose a couple in the op are pretty good candidates. Soukodjou was disappointing af.
You know when you can't remember something and then remember it, you don't have to type out the process of not remembering and then remembering. You can just delete the not remembering and say his name.

You know when you can't remember something and then remember it, you don't have to type out the process of not remembering and then remembering. You can just delete the not remembering and say his name.
Go. Fuck.
Yourself.

I suppose not all time but his run was incredibly disappointing at the time.

There was a black guy several years ago that I think is worth mentioning, too. I believe he was WW and was absolutely shredded. One of those guys that all of Sherdog blows their wad over and he came in and did nothing in his UFC run. Papi Abadi or something... trying to find his name. Papy Abedi was his name.

As for all time, I suppose a couple in the op are pretty good candidates. Soukodjou was disappointing af.
melvin guillard had so much potential as well

When you became a champ you shouldnt consider them hype anymore unless you are a hater.

Back