All this talk of a fix makes Sherdog look bush league...

MMAMAX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
You are killing yourselves.

Cerrone is now 4-7 in his last 11 fights

Not saying it couldn't have been fixed but he's more shot than Chuck at this point

You had better offer solid, concrete evidence that Donald Cerrone was paid/asked to take a "dive". Just saying it was a dive won't suddenly make it true. There is a reason McGregor picked Cerrone, it was obvious Cerrone offered absolutely no threat besides the ground game to defeat his opponent. McGregor is simply faster, stronger and younger than Cerrone. It all was evident in this short match.

You had better offer solid, concrete evidence that Donald Cerrone was paid/asked to take a "dive". Just saying it was a dive won't suddenly make it true. There is a reason McGregor picked Cerrone, it was obvious Cerrone offered absolutely no threat besides the ground game to defeat his opponent. McGregor is simply faster, stronger and younger than Cerrone. It all was evident in this short match.

Thank you.

Finally, someone with a brain on this board.

All fixed fights, right? I mean why not? If you believe in these conspiracies, why would Cowboy start tonight? I don't believe tonight's fight was fixed, BTW....just showing how stupid these theories are.

Are you of the opinion that the multiple shoulder strike take was the sign that the fix was in?

No conspiracy here. He took a fight that he shouldn't have ever been offered. He got wrecked in his previous 2 fights and gets to welcome Conor back? It was just dumb. Many people called it pointless when it was announced.

If Cowboy only made 100 grand for this fight, I doubt his grandmother would have been kissing and hugging Conor after the fight.

Look i understand there are many people who simply despise McGregor....there are also many of his fans who see absolutely zero fault in him as well. However when you make a serious charge, such as fight fixing, you will have to set aside your emotions and offer up undeniable evidence to support such an assertion.

I mean. It's so easy to pull off. They'd bring in so many more fans.

Do you think they scripted for Maycee to get dominated and then tear her ACL?

Maybe they scripted Oleynik to lay on Greene for nearly two rounds and for Holm to hug Pennington against the cage for a whole fight.

If that's the case, they need to get better writers to script better fights.

I don't think there's a conspiracy. I'm only bummed out that this card was so predictable. It looked boring on paper - it was. And the main event was a close to guaranteed steamroll... and it was.

Why did any of this happen?

When I heard Herb Dean was ref-ing, I knew the fix was in.

Last edited:
No conspiracy here. He took a fight that he shouldn't have ever been offered. He got wrecked in his previous 2 fights and gets to welcome Conor back? It was just dumb. Many people called it pointless when it was announced.

If Cowboy only made 100 grand for this fight, I doubt his grandmother would have been kissing and hugging Conor after the fight.

Maybe so, but the same is 100% true for Gaethje. Cerrone was tailor-made for him as well and that fight alone surely didn't earn him a title shot.

Ufc doesn't fix fights. If they did , Ronda would still be fighting. With that said, Cowboy is just trash. Easiest fight for Mcgregor by far. Gaethje should've been in there.

The mystic one says it was a dive

Case closed

ok, your 2 cents been considered.

FIXED AS HELL.

Conor haters grasping at straws now lol. They're gonna have a hard time sleeping tonight!!

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Back