All this crying about lewis extra shots...everyone loved this tho...

tenor.gif

lol

i didn't like it

well, that is exactly what you are advocating. a guy can wail on another fighter because the ref hasn't stopped it. that is what you are endorsing.

That is the sport. If you don't like it, find a new sport. It happens at times. I am not saying I LIKE late stoppages, but that is the reality and it is not the fighters fault.

That is the sport. If you don't like it, find a new sport. It happens at times. I am not saying I LIKE late stoppages, but that is the reality and it is not the fighters fault.

the point i'm trying to get across, is that professional fighters know when a fighter is unconscious. you know what's going to kill a fighter? the fighter that continues to hit an unconscious opponent. technically, you are correct. i'm just trying to bring reason into the equation.

the point i'm trying to get across, is that professional fighters know when a fighter is unconscious. you know what's going to kill a fighter? the fighter that continues to hit an unconscious opponent. technically, you are correct. i'm just trying to bring reason into the equation.

A fighter could also be flashed KOd and wake up a second later and take money away from the other fighter. That is why they decisively finish. Avoid any doubt so they can't get screwed out of their win bonus. No one hates on the guys who do the fancy walk offs.. cool.. but it is totally understood WHY many go until the refs pull them off. If you want better stoppages, have better refs. Don't blame the fighters.

Speak for yourself. I did not love those shots on Ben. I do not care who the fighter is, if they are out, leave them. Brain damage is a massive problem in this sport, probably the number one problem, and it does not go away. Sadly, in this sport, like all walks of life, many people do not care if rules are broken and terrible stuff happens to people if they do not like the person/thing the illegal stuff is happening to. I loathed Bisping, loved Hendo, but still was a little concerned with that late shot, especially after the adrenalin of the win wore off.

I think a fighter should be penalized if he hits another fighter after he is knocked out regardless if the ref didn’t stop the fight.

This will only work if fights are stopped much earlier than they are now. If you want to give fighters a chance to recover, then you have to accept some guys are going to eat extra shots.

I didn't think the stoppage was that bad. People are acting like this was an extended beating like in Rockhold/Weidman.

Askren sucks at MMA and we got robbed of Mighty Mouse because of him. Blaydes is a promising HW contender.
I think blaydes should go to bellator. He'll be the best and dominate. He has no path to the title as long as Francis is around.

Personally, I don't like when fighters keep punching when they know the opponent is out. That said, I know what the rules are and it's not illegal, so it doesn't really bother me. I just prefer when guys do like Wand or Shogun typically did. Best examples were Wandy vs Saku after the checked kick combo, or Shogun vs Machida 2. There's plenty more examples but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Back