All this crying about lewis extra shots...everyone loved this tho...

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
tenor.gif

lol

I think a fighter should be penalized if he hits another fighter after he is knocked out regardless if the ref didn’t stop the fight.

What happened
Jackson was on top in Arona's guard, and Arona caught him with a huge up kick. Jackson kinda went limp for a second on top of Arona, so Arona started dropping hammer fists on the side of his head and Jackson wasn't really responding. So at this point Arona stops hitting him and looks at the ref and starts trying to tell him that Jackson is out.

Then a few moments later....

xxeVh.gif

Why do they no longer show the limp body? When they showed Bisping knocked out with Birds eye view with his body pulsing that added so much emotion and memory to that fight. Without it that highlight wouldn’t mean shit

dont blame the fighter, blame the ref. its in the fighters best interest to keep going until the ref stops it and its the refs job to keep the fighters safe.

if you dont like it, crawl back into your safe space and have cry while sipping your soy drink, maybe take up ping pong or something that doesn't involve violence.

Askren sucks at MMA and we got robbed of Mighty Mouse because of him. Blaydes is a promising HW contender.

Not a fan of Blaydes. He's gotten away with having no social skills his entire life because he's a big athletic guy.
He's so cringe it's hard to watch him interview or speak.

I'm not mad at Derek Cleetus Lewis for serving justice.

What makes you think “everyone” loved what Masvidal did? Because I can assure you that “everyone” did not love it.

Yeah, because there are other white guys with curly hair and frumpy bodies out there.

Unless the ref is forcing you off of the unconscious fighter and the fight is officially called, I think it’s fair game...

Still, respect to the fighters who are able to pull any unnecessary punches without the referee’s say so...

Also, it’s not like Lewis did this:

3VxRrC4.gif

Or this:

BGB%2BJames%2BButler%2BRichard%2BGrant%2BGIF.gif

I think a fighter should be penalized if he hits another fighter after he is knocked out regardless if the ref didn’t stop the fight.
That's great in theory but its not realistic during a fight. Yea, there are examples of a fighter who clearly knew his opponent went out and he stopped, but it doesn't make it possible every time. This rule, while in good spirit, opens up a whole can of worms and creates more issues than it solves. This is on the refs, not the fighters.

Unless the ref is forcing you off of the unconscious fighter and the fight is officially called, I think it’s fair game...

Still, respect to the fighters who are able to pull any unnecessary punches without the referee’s say so...

Also, it’s not like Lewis did this:

3VxRrC4.gif

Or this:

BGB%2BJames%2BButler%2BRichard%2BGrant%2BGIF.gif
I remember this like it was yesterday. I was pissed as hell. Gomi was a big ol dickhead in Pride. I remember Rudgimar almost had a heart attack going after Gomi

Anyone crying about Lewis is a dumbfuck. It's one thing to hit a guy until the ref stops it.. it's another if you keep hitting a guy or hold on to a choke while a ref is trying to pull you off.. those are not the same thing at all. If the ref gets there late, that is on him. That is his job.

Back