All Things XFL: A new promotional video says XFL will relaunch in 2022

When the XFL launches in February, in which of the following will you partake?

• Watching games on television

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • Attending live games

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Buying merchandise

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Asking local sports bars to show games

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
So apparently XFL doesn't have the "3 years" restriction that the NFL has. So you can get signed to a team right out of High School.

If he's smart, he should compete with the NCAA, and look to get high level college prospects to come to the XFL instead. They don't have to pay nearly as much because it's better than playing for free in college. The prospect can still make a name for himself in the XFL and eventually get drafted once he's ready, without wasting his time in a class getting a degree he doesn't give a shit about. It's an absolute win/win.

So apparently XFL doesn't have the "3 years" restriction that the NFL has. So you can get signed to a team right out of High School.

If he's smart, he should compete with the NCAA, and look to get high level college prospects to come to the XFL instead. They don't have to pay nearly as much because it's better than playing for free in college. The prospect can still make a name for himself in the XFL and eventually get drafted once he's ready, without wasting his time in a class getting a degree he doesn't give a shit about. It's an absolute win/win.
That would be a waste of money. There are no college freshmen who can compete in the pros.

That would be a waste of money. There are no college freshmen who can compete in the pros.
A bigger waste of money than having a league full of NFL wash-outs and expecting people to pay to watch? Or having to pay at least a comparable amount to an NFL base salary while not having a fraction of the audience?

For the athlete, it would most likely be tougher than playing in college, I agree. But I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest someone talented enough couldn't attract attention from scouts, while also having the benefit of getting paid to play in a "Minor league". And even though Power 5 university athletes spend about 75% of their school life focusing on their athletic career anyways, it would still probably give them more time to put into football while not having to worry about studying.

Sure someone right out of high school (save for a freak athlete here or there) would struggle out of the gate. But by year 3 or 4, they'll be much more developed and well prepared for the NFL. If you really think about it, it's a HUGE benefit for the athlete.

And I'm not suggesting it would draw the numbers NCAA does, however it could draw more eyeballs knowing that instead of watching a wash-out, or someone just that fell just short of the NFL, you essentially watching guys that would've been in college vying for an NFL contract. Maybe it will fail, but it's still a MUCH better investment.

Last edited:
A bigger waste of money than having a league full of NFL wash-outs and expecting people to pay to watch? Or having to pay at least a comparable amount to an NFL base salary while not having a fraction of the audience?
The league was doing well last season before COVID. NFL washouts are still much stronger, faster, and more experienced than college freshmen. Plus, with no NCAA career, most people don't know who players out of high school are, and therefore they have no market value either...

The league was doing well last season before COVID. NFL washouts are still much stronger, faster, and more experienced than college freshmen. Plus, with no NCAA career, most people don't know who players out of high school are, and therefore they have no market value either...
Yea, but you're only considering athletes that are fresh out of high school. I don't disagree with you there. 17/18 year old is more than likely going to eat shit in the XFL. However by age 20/21, they would've had more time to lift weights, more time to focus on potential pro-style schemes, experience against pro-level athletes, and they're used to getting a salary so by the time they get ready for the NFL, they probably have better financial management skills, and they'll be better prepared from an athletic standpoint.

I do agree, they won't have the notoriety that a college star has so it may hurt them when it comes to potential endorsements. But NFL scouts care far more about your talent/skill level rather than your market value from the standpoint you're talking about. If that weren't the case, Carson Wentz (Played Div 1-AA) wouldn't have gotten drafted as high as he did. And remember you don't necessarily have to have played college football to get to the NFL. There have been guys who played in the NFL right off the street. Hell, there was a dude from Japan (Forget his name) that ended up on an NFL roster. Scouts are searching far and wide for NFL prospects. It just so happens that the vast majority of them are coming up through the college football system. But the XFL is a better alternative to NCAA than you think.

Yea, but you're only considering athletes that are fresh out of high school. I don't disagree with you there. 17/18 year old is more than likely going to eat shit in the XFL. However by age 20/21, they would've had more time to lift weights, more time to focus on potential pro-style schemes, experience against pro-level athletes, and they're used to getting a salary so by the time they get ready for the NFL, they probably have better financial management skills, and they'll be better prepared from an athletic standpoint.

I do agree, they won't have the notoriety that a college star has so it may hurt them when it comes to potential endorsements. But NFL scouts care far more about your talent/skill level rather than your market value from the standpoint you're talking about. If that weren't the case, Carson Wentz (Played Div 1-AA) wouldn't have gotten drafted as high as he did. And remember you don't necessarily have to have played college football to get to the NFL. There have been guys who played in the NFL right off the street. Hell, there was a dude from Japan (Forget his name) that ended up on an NFL roster. Scouts are searching far and wide for NFL prospects. It just so happens that the vast majority of them are coming up through the college football system. But the XFL is a better alternative to NCAA than you think.
I think the long term investment you described of high school grads will rarely (if ever) be worth it. The XFL only budgets a 45 or 50 man roster, and they need guys who can play right away (not guys they have to develop for a year or two). But, I understand your point about being able to consider all options.

A new promotional video dropped today saying the XFL will relaunch in 2022.

Since it was purchased by the newly "woke" Deewayne, which will make the XFL exactly like the NFL, this will be a massive failure. The allure of XFL 2.0 was that it wasn't going to be like the NFL. Now it will just be BLM-XFL Lite

Since it was purchased by the newly "woke" Deewayne, which will make the XFL exactly like the NFL, this will be a massive failure. The allure of XFL 2.0 was that it wasn't going to be like the NFL. Now it will just be BLM-XFL Lite
I am hoping Dwayne is smart enough to keep politics out of it. That is what drew so many to it. Sports is not supposed to be about politics.

This is a stretch.
Colleges can "pay" enormously.
If you go to 'Bama you join a mafia of boosters who will give jobs and shit like that and every girl wants to bang.

I really want to break the slave labor scam model, but not sure the XFL will be the way.

I am hoping Dwayne is smart enough to keep politics out of it. That is what drew so many to it. Sports is not supposed to be about politics.
Will you join me in shouting down the marine bugle player with me before next Sundays game? Can't stand those fucking jarheads trying to inject their politics when I just want to sport! If I wanted to think about dead guys dying for corporate wars I'd just go the Vietnam Wall!

Will you join me in shouting down the marine bugle player with me before next Sundays game? Can't stand those fucking jarheads trying to inject their politics when I just want to sport! If I wanted to think about dead guys dying for corporate wars I'd just go the Vietnam Wall!
Tributes to our own nation are not "politics." That is self-preservation. It's hard to have a nation when no one within your nation respects it. Players really do not need to be making political statements while they are on the clock.

Tributes to our own nation are not "politics." It's self-preservation. It's hard to have a nation when no one within your nation respects it. Players really do not need to be making political statements while they are on the clock.
Why is the marine bugle player on the field if he isnt playing in the game?
It really turns me off. I don't watch sports that do sing songs; disgusting and annoying! How can anyone focus on the game when a bunch of underpaid enlistees are prancing around with flags trying to distract me with warnings of death?

Why is the marine bugle player on the field if he isnt playing in the game?
It really turns me off. I don't watch sports that do sing songs; disgusting and annoying! How can anyone focus on the game when a bunch of underpaid enlistees are prancing around with flags trying to distract me with warnings of death?
I am not even familiar with what you are talking about. Can you link it?

I am not even familiar with what you are talking about. Can you link it?
You've never seen soldiers perform a ritual at a sporting event?
It's very distracting; I'm there for sports, not to think about how them and their buddies tear flesh and bone with weapons or to listen to their music recital. They don't even play in the game I'm there to watch.

It's so disgusting that I'm sure most normal people like me refuse to watch; keep that out of mah sports!!!

You've never seen soldiers perform a ritual at a sporting event?
It's very distracting; I'm there for sports, not to think about how them and their buddies tear flesh and bone with weapons or to listen to their music recital. They don't even play in the game I'm there to watch.

It's so disgusting that I'm sure most normal people like me refuse to watch; keep that out of mah sports!!!
I have. It's not distracting at all to do a pregame show with military, just like it's not distracting when they have done a segments about the Tuskegee Airmen. American military personnel have ties to both political parties.

I have. It's not distracting at all to do a pregame show with military, just like it's not distracting when they have done a segments about the Tuskegee Airmen. American military personnel have ties to both political parties.
So you enjoy political performances honoring dead people and affiliated violence while at sporting events, so long as they appeal to you and aren't actually there to play the sport. Got it.

Back