All Things XFL: A new promotional video says XFL will relaunch in 2022

When the XFL launches in February, in which of the following will you partake?

• Watching games on television

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • Attending live games

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Buying merchandise

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Asking local sports bars to show games

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
I called it when they didn't bring a team to Oakland
The league was doomed from that point on

I called it when they didn't bring a team to Oakland
The league was doomed from that point on
Yeah, it had nothing to do with COVID-19. Oakland said, "no." They didn't have a place for a XFL team to play.

SWERVE. Ted Turner buys the XFL and buries it

ted-turner.jpg

The circle of life is then complete!

SWERVE. Ted Turner buys the XFL and buries it

ted-turner.jpg

The circle of life is then complete!
Why would he dig something already buried up just to bury it again? That would be almost as bad as someone buying the AAF and then not using it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...ing-vince-mcmahon/ar-BB12ZmlV?ocid=spartandhp

XFL Commisioner (Luck) suing XFL CEO (Vince) for not paying out his contract when he had a guarantee for payment for wrongful termination clause.

I'm guessing tossed out due to the bankruptcy superceding that, but that's probably all she wrote if the bankroller and commisiner are fighting. I though the backruptucy may have been a tactical decision to stop the bleeding they'd start again in 2021

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...ing-vince-mcmahon/ar-BB12ZmlV?ocid=spartandhp

XFL Commisioner (Luck) suing XFL CEO (Vince) for not paying out his contract when he had a guarantee for payment for wrongful termination clause.

I'm guessing tossed out due to the bankruptcy superceding that, but that's probably all she wrote if the bankroller and commisiner are fighting. I though the backruptucy may have been a tactical decision to stop the bleeding they'd start again in 2021
The moment Vince announced he wanted to sell the XFL, I knew that starting again in 2021 wasn't going to happen. The WWE is suffering financially right now, and if the WWE isn't doing well, there is no XFL.

I agree that the suit will probably get thrown out due to bankruptcy. I would think that Luck could get something out of it though if Vince is successful in selling the league.

Vince is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. <Lmaoo>
Vince didn't like the negative press he was getting from this, and has said he will not be bidding for the XFL.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2020/05/n...ahon-swears-off-the-xfl-once-and-for-all.html

“I don’t know why that’s out there, making me out to be the bad guy, [that] I’m going to buy the XFL back for pennies on the dollar, basically,” McMahon said in the deposition. “That helped me move into the direction of, ‘I’m not going to be a bidder, not going to have anything to do with it.’ I do hope that someone will pay a lot of money for it, and I do hope that it will survive.”

Hopefully someone committed to it buys it.

How does any investor listen to Vince MacMahon about anything that isn't wrestling related again?

This league generated a lot of interest in some markets. It was sunk by COVID-19...
It was shut down for a little bit because of covid. He closed shop completely and that wasn't because of covid. He did it for the same reason Owen Hart died..... to save money.

Even Meltzer said it.

Last edited:
Back