All Things XFL: A new promotional video says XFL will relaunch in 2022

When the XFL launches in February, in which of the following will you partake?

• Watching games on television

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • Attending live games

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Buying merchandise

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Asking local sports bars to show games

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
Guessing Wwe's sinking ratings, low attendance and possibly another couple months of performance center shows got him reassessing his priorities. Wwe is hurting bad from this. Not to mention it will take time for people to want to/afford to go out.
I'm sure a lot went into this decision. I mean Vince is admitting failure again on football. Gotta be tough for the ego.

God hates the XFL, and sacrificed thousands of his children for this day.

Pretty bummed about it, I was enjoying the season

They most likely would have made it to a second season if this pandemic didn't happen

Two unfinished XFL seasons and 0 Champions

Wait, didn't a team win the big(LOL) Million Dollar Game in the original version? Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they finished that season out, and then folded.

Wait, didn't a team win the big(LOL) Million Dollar Game in the original version? Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they finished that season out, and then folded.
They did . LA won then they folded

Tommy Maddox would have something to say about that.

iu

Fuck me you're right. For some reason I thought they folded midway through the first season before LA could be champs.

Never completed understood how the XFL finds its players and work but I enjoyed some of it.

Shame.

Never completed understood how the XFL finds its players and work but I enjoyed some of it.

Shame.
There are about 6000 NCAA football college seniors that graduate every year. Only a fraction of them make NFL rosters. The XFL takes the spill over.

There are about 6000 NCAA football college seniors that graduate every year. Only a fraction of them make NFL rosters. The XFL takes the spill over.

Ah makes sense. Does that mean many if not the majority of the XFL players now will be jobless / have to jump into a different profession? Or are there other opportunities for them whether that be in American Football / NFL or sports in general?

Ah makes sense. Does that mean many if not the majority of the XFL players now will be jobless / have to jump into a different profession? Or are there other opportunities for them whether that be in American Football / NFL or sports in general?
They will mostly have to fall back on whatever college degrees they have and get legit jobs. Some will probably end up in the NFL or the Canadian Football League (CFL) though.

They will mostly have to fall back on whatever college degrees they have and get legit jobs. Some will probably end up in the NFL or the Canadian Football League (CFL) though.

Yeah I saw Saints picked up a guy from the XFL that's cool. I know absolutely zero about the CFL so might have to delve into that soon.

Is there a semi-pro scene in the US when it comes to Football? Is it big enough for these guys to drop down to and make some cash?

Yeah I saw Saints picked up a guy from the XFL that's cool. I know absolutely zero about the CFL so might have to delve into that soon.

Is there a semi-pro scene in the US when it comes to Football? Is it big enough for these guys to drop down to and make some cash?
No, not really. There are "cheap B" arena and outdoor football leagues where the players make very little money. Those are semi-pro leagues where the players do not make enough money to live off of. In some cases, they might make nothing. The XFL was their best opportunity to develop and market themselves in the U.S. to get back into the NFL. I hope the XFL relaunches when this disaster is over.

No, not really. There are "cheap B" arena and outdoor football leagues where the players make very little money. Those are semi-pro leagues where the players do not make enough money to live off of. In some cases, they might make nothing. The XFL was their best opportunity to develop and market themselves in the U.S. to get back into the NFL. I hope the XFL relaunches when this disaster is over.

Thanks for the knowledge.

Asked a few similar questions like this in the main NFL thread over the last few months and those dudes just ignored them once or twice so appreciate that!

Back