All these posts talking crap on Jones for using drugs

So it is impossible for any adult with a family to dabble in cocaine or other recreational drugs without being automatically immature?

seh6p.gif

Yep, pretty much.

Making a decision to get immediate, short-term satisfaction while ignoring the long-term effects/consequences is pretty much the definition of immaturity.

Another example of immaturity is driving while under the influence. But I suppose you will say that because rich people get busted with DUI's that means it's not immature?

what narcotics? Beer? You're still equating alcohol with hardcore schedule 1 narcotics.and if you don't think that if cocaine and crack and LSD were legal and could be bought in stores by adults that there wouldn't be a black market to children then you sir obviously have no children and are completely delusional and want to wallow in your own self righteousness. I'm sorry that infringes upon your rights but that's the way the world works bud.

So? Last I checked drug dealers don't check id:s and there children can easily get a hold of hard liquor as well. That will always be the case, no matter if the drugs are legal or not.

Yep, pretty much.

Making a decision to get immediate, short-term satisfaction while ignoring the long-term effects/consequences is pretty much the definition of immaturity.

Another example of immaturity is driving while under the influence. But I suppose you will say that because rich people get busted with DUI's that means it's a mature decision as well?

So, 50 year olds going out on the town for a drink are immature? That's a bit harsh. Can't old fogeys have some fun?

Must get lonely up there on that horse of yours.

Anyone who smokes cigarettes and can't stop without withdrawals and/or can't live without their Starbucks or whatever and can't stop without withdrawals are drug addicts. Bear that in mind. The most dangerous drugs are legal.

If one cannot do with their body and consciousness what they will - as long as they're not harming other people - then they're not free.

There's already laws in place to deal with harmful behaviour, we don't need to regulate every aspect of an individual's life.

So, 50 year olds going out on the town for a drink are immature? That's a bit harsh. Can't old fogeys have some fun?

Are they getting behind the wheel of a car after the drinks? If yes then YES it's immature....

what narcotics? Beer? You're still equating alcohol with hardcore schedule 1 narcotics.and if you don't think that if cocaine and crack and LSD were legal and could be bought in stores by adults that there wouldn't be a black market to children then you sir obviously have no children and are completely delusional and want to wallow in your own self righteousness. I'm sorry that infringes upon your rights but that's the way the world works bud.

I didn't specify the narcotic because it's irrelevant.

I didn't say there wouldn't be a black market for children but it's not like it would be any worse than it already is. So why are we making these arbitrary distinctions about what are good and bad drugs?

Thank you sir. I as well don't want to send my tax dollars to some junkie, medicaid, food stamps, unemployment, lazy hooked on coke/heroin piece of sh*t too. Make all drugs legal fine, but remove their medicaid safety net. We should not have to pay for people that DECIDE to ruin their lives and pile up hundreds of thousands of dollars in health care costs.

Beyond that, we're not Portugal TS. You can't compare country to country like that.

For example, the violence murder problem in the United States, when compared to Canada, just the one state of California has more murders by STABBING ALONE than Canada has COMBINED. Every country, culture, economy, is unique.

Whether or not it should be legal too, it's not. So in the meantime, in between time, follow the damn rules.
Yea, follow all of the rules, never try to change things and just say yes to everything the government tells you is right. What a fucked up way to live.

Information is always important. In this case information aimed at keeping people off drugs is important..... As far as propaganda and disinformation goes, well, I've made no reference of either so I don't see where it applies.....As far as prohibition of what's already illegal, yes I'm fine with that....

So you are fine with countless lives having been squandered for no good reason, and drug cartels making literally billions of dollars, murdering tons of people etc?

They can go out drinking. But the difference between a mature old fogey and an immature old fogey would be this:

Immature old fogey: "I swear to drunk I'm not THAT God, I could drive home safely. I don't want to wait and pay for a cab then have to come and get my car back tomorrow.. I want to get home now!"

Mature old fogey: "I swear to drunk I'm not THAT God, but I won't take the risk and instead I will call a cab so I don't endanger my life or other lives"

Are they getting behind the wheel of a car after the drinks? If yes then YES it's immature....

You can be irresponsible without being immature, but yeah, semantics. Obviously driving vehicles under any sort of psychotropic influence is not the best idea.

Must get lonely up there on that horse of yours.

I would rather be on my horse than standing in the dirt, trying to justify how doing coke is totally a mature thing to do.

"come on guys, it's totally ok to do. All the rich people do it, so it must be a smart, mature thing to do!"

I always wait to hear as much information as possible. I read some horrible accusations yesterday about Jones and they weren't white belt troll accounts.

They can go out drinking. But the difference between a mature old fogey and an immature old fogey would be this:

Immature old fogey: "I swear to drunk I'm not THAT God, I could drive home safely. I don't want to wait and pay for a cab then have to come and get my car back tomorrow.. I want to get home now!"

Mature old fogey: "I swear to drunk I'm not THAT God, but I won't take the risk and instead I will call a cab so I don't endanger my life or other lives"

Is anyone saying that you should go driving after doing drugs? Or do you mean that you can't do drugs recreationally without getting behind the steering wheel?

Fact is, all drugs should be legal.
No they really shouldn't and they are not legal in Portugal either they are just decriminalized not legalized, there is a difference.

No they really shouldn't and they are not legal in Portugal either they are just decriminalized not legalized, there is a difference.

Not a practical one for the end user. And yes, they most certainly should be. Do you hate people or something? Do you like organised crime and the endless suffering that results from it? Do you like that 70% of people in the US overcrowded jails are in there for minor drug offences? Do you like your hard earned tax dollars being spent on going after minor drug offenders that do no harm to others?

Is anyone saying that you should go driving after doing drugs? Or do you mean that you can't do drugs recreationally without getting behind the steering wheel?

In your example, you indicated the following:

Going "out on the town" implies that they are travelling somehow. So obviously one could include driving as the means of going "out on the town".

In my example, I was more pointing to another immature decision that Jones made, which was his DUI.

I'm not saying doing any kind of drug is immature, but there is a huge difference between cocaine and alcohol. Do I really need to explain that difference?

No on the first part .....Makes no sense....
And for the second part...What's not honest about making drugs illegal because they're bad for you?
Ya think I wanna walk into CVS and say " Babe go get some milk and diapers and while you're at it get me a bundle of Heroin, It's on sale!!!!"????? :eek::eek::eek:

Propaganda and disinformation are absolutely symptoms of prohibition.

This can't be argued, just go look at all of the propaganda and the false claims of the drug war.

Go watch all those ridiculous anti-drug commercials from the 90's.

Hell, go watch Reefer Madness, one of the most ridiculous propaganda pieces ever made, it's littered with disinformation.

I'm talking about honesty in terms of the drugs potential effects. If you as an adult still have the desire to do said drug, you should have available honest information in order to have the capacity to do it as safely as possible.

I'm not saying doing any kind of drug is immature, but there is a huge difference between cocaine and alcohol. Do I really need to explain that difference?

Yes, alcohol is a lot more deleterious to your health in the long run and more people, relatively speaking, develop a problem with abuse. The combination of both is the worst though, when it comes to violence perpetrated under the influence.

Not a practical one for the end user. And yes, they most certainly should be. Do you hate people or something? Do you like organised crime and the endless suffering that results from it? Do you like that 70% of people in the US overcrowded jails are in there for minor drug offences? Do you like your hard earned tax dollars being spent on going after minor drug offenders that do no harm to others?

Very well said.

Cheers.

Back