All these MMA Legends are flushing their lives down the toilet... meanwhile Brendan Schaub..

XXw09s6.jpg

That spec:

giphy.gif

not sure I'd consider having a podcast with Callen and doing C-tier comedy shows is flourishing

he was on the broadcast team for maymac and he does a podcast for showtime. some time between now and when he knocked mirko crocop the fuck out, he was banging ronda rousey when she was a megastar and before she got fat and nasty.

and all that time you aint done shit

I was thinking about this, this whole past week. After seeing Artem and Jason Knight all butchered cut up with gashes on their social media....being exploited like mad animals by these scumbag promoters, Brendan did the smartest thing, and said fuck this shit when similar happened to him. I remember him talking on his podcast when he just fought Crocop how both of them sat next to each other getting stitched up in the backstage, and him saying to Mirko "Dude, what are we doing to our selves", and Mirko replied something like "That's just life", and Brendan thinking "No way, this is no way to live your life, i'm outta here". Best decision he ever made.

why does everyone act like Schaub had this epiphany that made him quit fighting?

he quit fighting because Joe Rogan humiliated him in front of the world by telling him the brutal truth of his skill level. that was his epiphany, not sitting next to Mirko.

Schaub should thank Rogan for doing what Schaub's father and brother should've done and talked some sense into him.

Men that have a healthy enjoyment for a podcast where guys rip each other.

Get off your snobby little high horse.

If Schuab turns you on, all the power to you. I guess I know who's watching now.

Schaub doesn't seem like such a bad dude. More of a misunderstood metrosexual but all in all pretty decent

I don't get the appeal of Brendan Schaub at all, but there's no doubt that he's killing it with his podcast.

he was on the broadcast team for maymac and he does a podcast for showtime. some time between now and when he knocked mirko crocop the fuck out, he was banging ronda rousey when she was a megastar and before she got fat and nasty.

and all that time you aint done shit

hi brendan

maxresdefault.jpg

He's living the life most of you losers dream of. Playing top turnbuckle with custom butt-plugs in his RV office.

They have a legacy and some are legend in the world of mma - regardless of how much they fuck up outside the ring.

schaub has a legacy of being mediocre, getting knocked the fuck out and running away during a grappling match.

Flourishing? The dude is doing fine, but he's definitely peaking due to the surging popularity of MMA, eventually whoever is investing in him will stop when they see he's not actually making them anything anymore. His career as ... whatever the fuck he's supposed to be now ... will probably be shorter than his mediocre MMA career.

And TJ is?

Compared to Schaub? Yes.

They have a legacy and some are legend in the world of mma - regardless of how much they fuck up outside the ring.

schaub has a legacy of being mediocre, getting knocked the fuck out and running away during a grappling match.

Schaub is the Kalib Starnes of BJJ, but without the good sense to be ashamed of himself.

not sure I'd consider having a podcast with Callen and doing C-tier comedy shows is flourishing
Just goes to show how easy it is to be a stand up comedian when you have connections like him.

I watch fighter and the kid regularly and his MMA show from time to time and I'm much closer to Callen's age than his. Schaub is making considerably more money, by all accounts, in his current life than 98% of MMA fighters have ever made. Did he have connections in the entertainment industry? Absolutely, but as far as I can tell he appears to be working very hard within his podcasting and comedy profession. He takes it very seriously. I'm not convinced his shtick won't go stale so he needs to cash in while his personality is in demand. He is sophomoric and ill read but he has an appeal and genuinely seems to be a good dude. As of late he comes off as overly confident in his knowledge of life outside fighting but to be expected. He is feeling his oats for sure. Fighters, to make a sweeping gross generalization, are incredibly uneducated and seem to make frequent poor decisions. Are we surprised? The trait for thinking one's expertise in a particular part of life translates to every other aspect in life isn't unique to fighters but they definitely seem predisposed to it.

Did anyone save The Maurice Spears 'Brendan Schaub watches Randy Couture Video Remix'?

It was pure comedic gold!

Hundreds of gyms? Lol maybe in your shit dream. Brendon Schaub make a lot more than big nog and is 10x more relevant. Literally no one knows and give a shit about that punching bag outside of sherdog.
roy-nelson-big-nog-ko.gif

AssuredDifficultAsiandamselfly-size_restricted.gif

EnPY.gif

I'm guessing you might be a newer fan, but there is no denying Big Nog is a legend. All of these losses were past his prime. His pride run was certainly memorable. He has the respect of martial artists around the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back