All the women main events coming up...

How did she get rocked by a grappler? People always bring this up to diminish her but it happens all the time. When you are focused on an opponent with strong grappling, you often leave yourself open to strikes. A perfect example is Chael Sonnen having massive striking success against Anderson Silva and even knocking him on his ass once. Would you argue that Anderson Silva has poor striking because he was boxed up by a grappler? Another example is Cain Velasquez boxing JDS's face off in the 2nd and 3rd fights but we can all probably agree that JDS is the far superior striker. Or does JDS suck also? Mirko Crocop was KOed by Kevin Randalman.

This is really basic MMA stuff here.
She also got hurt bad against Karolina who clearly wasn't on her level. Her defense is about the same as Thomas Almeida's.

She also got hurt bad against Karolina who clearly wasn't on her level. Her defense is about the same as Thomas Almeida's.

First you asked how she got rocked by a grappler, now you bring up Karolina? Do you think Karolina is a grappler or are you bringing up some new topic to try and diminish Joanna? On the topic of strikers fighting grapplers, they keep their hands low and they lean forward to quickly defend a takedown which is a bad posture and stance for defending strikes. That's why grapplers often have striking success against strikers. On the topic of Karolina, who is not a grappler (you know that, right?), she is an accomplished Muay Thai fighter herself with great technique. She caught Joanna one time in a 25 minute fight in which she threw 220 strikes. She had a 22% significant strike connect percentage. Joanna has good defense, and you are just talking shit for some reason. Drop the hatred and you might enjoy some good WMMA fighters.

Management is trying to avoid the wrath of all the crybaby SJWs in the world today.

First you asked how she got rocked by a grappler, now you bring up Karolina? Do you think Karolina is a grappler or are you bringing up some new topic to try and diminish Joanna? On the topic of strikers fighting grapplers, they keep their hands low and they lean forward to quickly defend a takedown which is a bad posture and stance for defending strikes. That's why grapplers often have striking success against strikers. On the topic of Karolina, who is not a grappler (you know that, right?), she is an accomplished Muay Thai fighter herself with great technique. She caught Joanna one time in a 25 minute fight in which she threw 220 strikes. She had a 22% significant strike connect percentage. Joanna has good defense, and you are just talking shit for some reason. Drop the hatred and you might enjoy some good WMMA fighters.
Dude I'm a big Joanna fan you tool. There's zero hate I just don't like how blind everybody is all the time. People thought Pettis was unbeatable at one point. Why? I have no idea. She wins by being faster and more active than her opponents and doesn't have to worry too much about getting ko'd.

Dude I'm a big Joanna fan you tool. There's zero hate I just don't like how blind everybody is all the time. People thought Pettis was unbeatable at one point. Why? I have no idea. She wins by being faster and more active than her opponents and doesn't have to worry too much about getting ko'd.

There is a double standard where women are judged more harshly in MMA than me. You're going on about Joanna's lack of defense because she was rocked once in a long hard fight against a worthy opponent. Her defense is great, but let's assume for a minute you're right and her defense is lacking. Almost every top fighter in the UFC has some flaws.
  • Dominick Cruz has almost no power relative to his peers
  • Conor has almost no BJJ game
  • Jose Aldo gets wild in his striking and fades in later rounds
  • Bisping's chin isn't the best, and he's criticized for having little power
  • Khabib has no striking game
  • Woodley gases and doesn't have high enough volume in his fights
  • etc...
All of these male fighters have flaws, and they're still amazing fighters. The fact is that no fighter is perfect, but people shit all over female fighters for every little flaw and act like they're garbage. It's a stupid double standard. Fortunately, few people are like this outside of Sherdog, numbers for WMMA are great, and hence the UFC is adding another division.

There is a double standard where women are judged more harshly in MMA than me. You're going on about Joanna's lack of defense because she was rocked once in a long hard fight against a worthy opponent. Her defense is great, but let's assume for a minute you're right and her defense is lacking. Almost every top fighter in the UFC has some flaws.
  • Dominick Cruz has almost no power relative to his peers
  • Conor has almost no BJJ game
  • Jose Aldo gets wild in his striking and fades in later rounds
  • Bisping's chin isn't the best, and he's criticized for having little power
  • Khabib has no striking game
  • Woodley gases and doesn't have high enough volume in his fights
  • etc...
All of these male fighters have flaws, and they're still amazing fighters. The fact is that no fighter is perfect, but people shit all over female fighters for every little flaw and act like they're garbage. It's a stupid double standard. Fortunately, few people are like this outside of Sherdog, numbers for WMMA are great, and hence the UFC is adding another division.
W.e you say Dana White's Lover. Joanna has very little power as well but I didn't mention that. People talk like she's the best striker in mma regardless of gender but that isn't even close to being the truth. She is great though and I loved seeing her annhilate Esparza and Penne.

Sort of related, in Finland we're about to have an official registered feminist political party.
Yippee for us.

W.e you say Dana White's Lover. Joanna has very little power as well but I didn't mention that. People talk like she's the best striker in mma regardless of gender but that isn't even close to being the truth. She is great though and I loved seeing her annhilate Esparza and Penne.
Dude she outstruck Carla Esparza and Jessica Penne, she's the best striker in the UFC.

At the same time like a Battle Royale, one at a time like a tag team match or one after the other like a Pride tournament?
Very excellent questions.

I'm thinking a 10 vs 1 handicap, bra n panties match, no DQ.

Edit: the other 10 women in bra n panties, Cyborg can wear her usual MMA gear.

Very excellent questions.

I'm thinking a 10 vs 1 handicap, bra n panties match, no DQ.

Edit: the other 10 women in bra n panties, Cyborg can wear her usual MMA gear.

If we are going that route, might as well make it in da mud:)!

Cyborg turned the fight down, buddeh... Twice.

Whoever wins that fight is the legit champ. Don't be silly. If the UFC had intentionally kept her out of it. That would be a solid point, and a sound foundation to make that argument on.

I can't take people seriously when all they do is just parrot everything they see in here. That seems to be exactly what your shit thread is. Which of course makes it as unoriginal as fuck. You could have posted all this in any number of the other shit threads about this.

They just really want it to be popular

Few long time fans will ever really accept it but they want casual interest in the female fighters, especially if they are attractive enough to push in that way

It sucks though the quality of fighters is terrible outside of like maybe 5 women

They just really want it to be popular

Few long time fans will ever really accept it but they want casual interest in the female fighters, especially if they are attractive enough to push in that way

Not true at all. There's plenty of WMMA fans on this board alone and they're all very knowledgeable about MMA and have been watching for years.

It sucks though the quality of fighters is terrible outside of like maybe 5 women

Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Claudia Gadelha
Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Jéssica Andrade
Michelle Waterson
Rose Namajunas
Carla Esparza
Alexa Grasso
Valentina Shevchenko
Holly Holm
Amanda Nunes
Ronda Rousey
Cat Zingano
Leslie Smith
Irene Aldana

Are all very good fighters that have all had exciting fights in the UFC.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's a few others in the UFC and at-least half a dozen or more in Invicta that are all very good fighters. You only know of 5 women that you probably only saw high up the card on a PPV and have missed out on seeing amazing fights like Leslie Smith vs Irene Aldana that kicked off the FS1 prelims on the weekend that blew anything away on the main-card.

Were feminists complaining about sexism or what's the deal here? There are 10x as many male fighters in the UFC than there is female fighters but 4 of the next 6 cards are headlined by women. This weekends cards isn't that great so I'm fine with Paige vs Waterson being the main event. Rousey is a huge star and it's her return/legitimate title fight so that's fine. Valentina vs Pena and Holm vs Germaine though... Cerrone is on the Valentina vs Pena card and has more UFC fights and wins in the past 2 years than Pena and Valentina have combined. Masvidal has also looked really good recently and a lot of people are hyped for this fight. Then we got Holm vs Germaine fighting for the fw title on ppv... Idk about Germaine but Holm has lost 2 straight and as long as Cyborg exists nobody will consider either of these 2 the fw champ.

Ronda...new FW division open title...Pena Valentina ill give u that one...and Holm...erm. not very exciting.

Overall not very many fight nights or UFCs have been headlined by women.

This was obviously a huge McSteak putting women has the headliner...

I'm just saying Holm vs Randamie makes no sense headlining a ppv.
Ronda...new FW division open title...Pena Valentina ill give u that one...and Holm...erm. not very exciting.

Overall not very many fight nights or UFCs have been headlined by women.
I'm cool with events being headlined by women as long as they are deserving. Shevchenko vs Pena shouldn't be the main event over Cerrone vs Masvidal and Holm vs Randamie for a fake belt shouldn't be the main event of a ppv. Even if it does decent ppv buys, they might as well do what Bellator is doing and bring in some retired old veterans and let then headline events. I know it's a business but it's also supposed to be a sport.

First fight/Title fight of a new division should only headline a PPV
That's not what history would indicate. Cyborg is the champ, how can they let somebody that has lost 2 in a row and declined to fight Cyborg at 145lbs fight for the 145lb title? They are hoping Rousey will win and then people will want to see the Holly Holm fight but that's not going to happen. Ronda's going to take another nap.

Back